Day Two: Gathering of Heroes

These are the old posts from the original Eiyuu Kishi Den, dubbed “The Chaos War” (no relation to another Lodoss website). This RP ran from June 2001-2004. Regrettably, I deleted all the old group posts, though I did save them in archives, they are out of order. I will not attempt to make these continuous, it's far too much of a hassle.
Forum rules
Posts in these threads may not be continuous! Don't give yourself a headache trying to figure them out. Just appreciate the bonus posts.
singularityman

Re: Day Two: Gathering of Heroes

Post by singularityman »

Thangroth's cheeks became round as he smiled and greeted elf Cassandra, and her companions. The red-haired dwarf shifted his weight a bit so he could sit a bit more comfortably while holding his beloved hammer. "An honor Milady, greetings to you as well. I am pleased to meet you all." In truth the young dwarf's jolly mood was also, from Cara's comment about Nipa's height. Thangroth remembered how his siblings, Urdgrin and Horgrim's constant teasing when he was younger. Being the smallest of the three brothers, he constantly was snipped at for his size. Until he grew a bit, still Thangroth couldn't help but smile at Nipa's reaction, which reminded him of himself not so long ago. The chance to converse with others also appealed to him as well; he'd seen very few elves in his life and not many other races besides his own kind and the odd human or two.
Singularityman Says

Cian Tremas (Cian's Quest) - Profile - Gallery
Lanir (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Phaeton Sky-Eyes (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Thangroth Broadarm (Trials of the Half-Elven) - Profile - Gallery

Granite Stoneheart
Z's Account

Post by Granite Stoneheart »

A curvy priestess of Marfa with short, dark hair came to their table. "Hello, would you like anything to drink?" she asked. Cassandra's ears twitched, the only sign of her surprise and confusion at a priestess playing the role of barmaid. However, there were no maids to be seen.

Granite's surprise was more obvious. Her eyes widened for a moment and she stared at the priestess.

"Well...I...I will have an elven wine, if you have it," Cassandra replied.

Ialin shook her head. "Sorry milady, we're out of the elven stock. We do have some human vintages left, however. Spiced rum, Ale, water, and that's all I believe."

"Is that human or dwarven ale?" Granite asked.

"Both," Ialin replied and returned her attention to Cassandra.

"In that case, I will have what ever it is you have for wine, preferably white," Cassandra replied.

"I'll have a mug of that dwarven ale," Granite said after Cassandra.

Ialin repeated the orders to herself quietly to remember them, then looked at the men and Rain for their orders.
Granite Stoneheart (Bastion's Demons) - Profile - Gallery

singularityman

Post by singularityman »

Thangroth smiled and waved to the priestess, he had a taste for some spiced rum. In a warm and jovial voice the dwarf spoke, he could almost taste that rum now. "Milady, I'd like some spiced-rum if you please." It was unusual to have a priestess serving, but if he was surprised, the red-headed dwarf didn't show it.
Singularityman Says

Cian Tremas (Cian's Quest) - Profile - Gallery
Lanir (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Phaeton Sky-Eyes (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Thangroth Broadarm (Trials of the Half-Elven) - Profile - Gallery

dngtexn

Post by dngtexn »

As Cara tried to untangle a few strands of his hair that Rain had braided for him he asked, "Cassandra, do you know when this meeting will begin?"

"Yes Miss Cassandra," Nipa added, "What will we be discussing, there seems to be a lot of people here, more than there were just yesterday."

Dina remained quiet though he eyed the two dwarfs, and wondered about them. They seemed to be sitting pretty close and it was either them being close just because they were dwarves or because they seemed to like each other.
Your Friends,
Caradithil and Dinalindel; Centaurs of the Glassy Woods

Caradithil (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Dinalindel (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Nipa (A New Balance) - Profile - Gallery

Fallenhalfelf

Post by Fallenhalfelf »

Rain smiles, discreetly moving one hand off the table to cover Cara's hand with her own. "Yes, though I cannot fathom why they would stare," she teased placing a wink to her brother meanwhile lacing her leg to subtly brush against the outer side of his. Her smile grew wider as he boldly touched her hair, fighting back the urge to flush crimson before company, laughed the capricious but secretly tender gesture. "Your hair is perfect for a centaur but I'm afraid these fickle boring folk don't see it that way, Cara." Then as Ialin, the priestess of Marfa, takes drink orders the half elf request whatever wine Cassandra had ordered. In truth, Rain preferred that drink to any ale or mead their forest could offer.

Rain shook her head watching her love trying to undue what loving attention have weaved together with an amused smirk. She had skillfully made it so those braids went coming undone by either the natural activities of being a centaur or by untrained hand's fooling. She nodded, tossing her raven mane forward, "When are these people gonna start," for she too was eager, all the more so now that Cara and she had discovered this newest form of his, to see matters of words and planning settle so that she and he could be together again. A secret stolen glance shared between the half-elf and the strangely maned elf conveyed the hidden sentiments between them. Cara played with one of his braids with out hand, and with the other he continued to hold Rains hand under the table so that no one could see. It may have looked like he was undoing a braid but he was not trying very hard. Besides, he knew how long it had taken Rain to make them, but he reasoned that if one came undone then she would just have to redo it which would mean they could spend even more time together.
Lythia aka Lokei (Building an Empire at Sea) - Profile - Gallery
Mora (Liberation of Ales) - Profile - Gallery
Rain (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery

dngtexn

Post by dngtexn »

Dina for the most part ignored them and he turned his attention to the two Dwarfs. "So... Um... Do you two live near here? We are kind of new to this city." He certainly knew that this was going to be interesting, with this many people it also might take some time to complete, so he hoped that he would not fall asleep during the meeting. That would be bad, to fall asleep and then become a centaur in front of everyone... It's not like they hadn't seen them before, but he was self conscious of changing in front of everyone.
Your Friends,
Caradithil and Dinalindel; Centaurs of the Glassy Woods

Caradithil (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Dinalindel (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Nipa (A New Balance) - Profile - Gallery

Aiyanna Starwind

Post by Aiyanna Starwind »

Aiyanna tossed the crystal orb that use to float slightly above the flower shaped head of her staff between her hands. This was agitating her patience and gave her a desperate feeling.

Erias looked at his sister, as she seemed to thinking deep about something. Must be about the current situation. He wondered what she had become over the years. Her personality wasn't the sweet young girl he knew but a moody young sorceress he loved. He sighed and waited, since he couldn't help her in the matters of magic at all.
Aiyanna Irisis (A New Balance) - Profile - Gallery

CrimsonJustice

Post by CrimsonJustice »

"I'm sure we all have something we need to talk about, just I'd like to wait for the right moment. Sevrina, I know I caught you off guard and I guess you want to know what is going on." Looking to Akaria again he wondered if anybody could tell by the way he had been lately, coming down for sister Cyrla and then nobody knowing why.

"Hello Naclia, this is Akaria my fiance' who I thought was lost. Akaria, this is Naclia also from the mirror forest. Anyways since we're all here have a seat and enjoy the time before the coming battle, I'm sure I'll make it back in time to help." He wondered what would happen now, the future was quite blurred and his life was seeming to improve more now. He had a lot to fight for, this war now was for more reasons than just Lodoss."
Daulag Udaar (Bastion's Demons) - Profile - Gallery
Jereidon Thappis (Search for the Stormlord/Quest for Neria) - Profile - Gallery
Kylia Stormshadow aka Nuij Velg'larn (Cian's Quest) - Profile - Gallery
Nakira Tan'kari (Vampire Hunt) - Profile - Gallery
Rylan (The Golden Egg) - Profile - Gallery
Thiana (Hunt for Kiran) - Profile - Gallery
Tornalin "Bloodscar" Stoneshard (Building an Empire at Sea) - Profile - Gallery
Ultarik Grimeye (New Marmo Republic/A New Balance) - Profile - Gallery

Naclia
Z's Account

Post by Naclia »

Naclia's face lit with joy when she was introduced to Akaria. "You found her? That's so wonderful Ariakan," Naclia said and took a seat. If no one minded, she'd stick around for this little meeting. It seemed they were waiting on Zira and Blaze who were talking to Seri at the moment. Naclia looked back at Ariakan, "You know, you're not the only one to have found someone. I...found my brother. I thought he was dead all these years," Naclia's smile toned down a bit to be a bit more serious, but she was still very happy, despite current situations.

Akaria gave Naclia a friendly, yet slightly nervous smile. She was quite anxious with the upcoming announcement.
Naclia (The Golden Egg) - Profile - Gallery

Zira
Z's Account

Post by Zira »

Zira and Blaze returned with Seri, then each took a seat around the table, leaving it a bit crowded. "Well, let's just get started, we can fill anyone else in on the details later. Why are you leaving?" Zira asked.

Seri, Naclia and Sevrina all looked at Ariakan in surprise. "Leaving?" Naclia asked.
“Give this some thought
And I'm sure you will know
This is the way it must be
Emotions will rise, Emotions will flow
You bring out the tears in me”

Zira (New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Avatar art by Onna-giri from this image.

CrimsonJustice

Post by CrimsonJustice »

Ariakan looked at them and nodded, yet they didn't know why yet.

"Akaria and I need some shelter from the war, you'll understand once she has spoken. I will still fight this war, I will just be there to fight when needed. I fight for the land and for something far more important to me now as well, Sevrina if you wish to find out what I have to say now it is alright to ask." He then looked around like he wanted to enjoy the moment here, hearing Naclia's comment he smiled.

"Good to hear, I just hope one day the mirror forest can be restored. I am going to look over old records after the war to see if anything can be done, perhaps the only way is to look back to Kastuul."

Zira
Z's Account

Post by Zira »

Naclia nodded, her mood becoming more solemn when her forest was mentioned. "The elves might find a way, but it could require a great sacrifice," she said softly. With everyone now gathered, the conversation shifted to it's initial purpose.

Some of the table's occupants looked at each other in concern and curiosity, then Sevrina finally asked. "Well, why? What's going on?"

Akaria blushed and smiled so happily, that her entire face was lit with joy. She looked at her fiancée and squeezed his hand under the table for assurance. "I just found out this morning, I'm pregnant," Akaria said and her smile broke into a grin.

"Oh! That's wonderful!" Naclia exclaimed, the brightness returning to her face.

Seri beamed as well, a new life was greatly welcome in the elven community. "Akaria, Ariakan, I offer my deepest blessings," she replied.

Zira's jaw dropped, then she grinned as well. "I'm so happy for you two!" the dark elf said, then leaned over and hugged Akaria.

"Congratulations Ariakan," Blaze added and would have clapped Ariakan on the back if he could reach him. "I can see why you wish to leave, this war is no place for a mother with child to be."

Sevrina didn't offer any words, instead, her eyes widened for a moment and she merely watched silently. There was a passing sorrow in her eyes, something Zira thought was rather alien. Sevrina had been acting quite strange though. Zira couldn't help but worry about her.
“Give this some thought
And I'm sure you will know
This is the way it must be
Emotions will rise, Emotions will flow
You bring out the tears in me”

Zira (New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Avatar art by Onna-giri from this image.

CrimsonJustice

Post by CrimsonJustice »

Ariakan looked to everyone and nodded, looking around he smiled and then held Akaria's hand tighter. "Naclia, I'll help find a way to heal the wound to the land, even if it means going to see the one being who may ask a price of the assistance... Thanks blaze and everybody, it'll be a long war still which if it means the safety of my child I am prepared to sacrifice my life for. I will be returning to help fight vesper, you guys are right and you do need me in the battle. " He could see the sorrow hidden in Akaria's eyes at the mention of her ruined home, yet even that did not spoil the joy of the moment for her.

Akaria looked at him with concern and then sighed, knowing he was right. "Just be careful, promise me you'll come back after the battle." She then looked at him like she was worried about him, knowing he had little options.

"Of course, I will return." He replied with then looked to Sevrina, her silence was different and unusual. "Sevrina, if you care to find out what I want to say to you we can talk now. I don't want to head out on a bad note with anybody, peace of mind."

Naclia
Z's Account

Post by Naclia »

During their conversation, Priestess Thalia had came by and took drink orders. She and two other of her sisters were playing the part of barmaids since the inn had been abandoned. She returned now with a tray of wine glasses, tea cups and a mug of ale for Blaze.

Naclia's mood had become somewhat sullen after speaking of her home forest, but the news of Akaria's pregnancy and having found Terin again balanced her sorrow well enough that she didn't become depressed again. "Well, Ariakan, it was good to see you again, and good to know you found Akaria. Congratulations again," Naclia smiled to the couple, then took her teacup and went back to her own table.

Seri's face had returned to it's normal calm, though her eyes had a joyful spark to them. She sipped her tea, testing it's warmth, then glanced back at her table to see Mia and Fou had sat down. She shook her head, perhaps she would mention that in a moment. Something felt very wrong there

Blaze placed his hand gently on Akaria's shoulder. "Don't worry Akaria, I will do all that is in my power to make sure he comes home to you," his fiery gaze passed to Ariakan. "I wish that we could afford to spare you in the upcoming battle, but we need all the help we can get."

"I know," Akaria said, "I pray this pointless war ends soon." She said simply and stared into her cup of tea. She would be avoiding wine from now on.

Sevrina met Ariakan's eyes as he finally turned to her. "Later, Ariakan. The sun is nearly down and nearly everyone is here. Zira, Seri, you should start preparing. I'll speak to you afterwards," Sevrina told Ariakan. Her voice had been rather soft, but still as firm as ever.

Zira glanced out the window, "Ah, you're right Sevrina. I need to gather my thoughts. Falis, my pulse is racing. I'll tell everyone to gather out in front of the inn and deliver an impromptu speech. Does anyone else want to speak?"

Seri was the first to speak up, "I will, someone needs to address the Glassy Woods rangers more directly."
Naclia (The Golden Egg) - Profile - Gallery

Kiran
Z's Account

Post by Kiran »

Moryssa, Toan and Kiran's decent down the stairs was muffled by the conversations in the common room. However, as Moryssa stepped clearly into view, eyes were surely to be drawn to the dark elf woman clad in pristine white.

Moryssa braced herself from any attacks she might suffer after the damage she had caused as Anubus' puppet. Why did I even want to come down here in the first place? she thought. Her confidence visibly diminished as the few who had witnessed the fight noticed her.
Kiran (Hunt for Kiran) - Profile - Gallery
I've dealt with my ghosts and I've faced all my demons
Finally content with a past I regret
I've found you find strength in your moments of weakness
For once I'm at peace with myself

Return to “The Chaos War Archives”