Day Two: Gathering of Heroes

These are the old posts from the original Eiyuu Kishi Den, dubbed “The Chaos War” (no relation to another Lodoss website). This RP ran from June 2001-2004. Regrettably, I deleted all the old group posts, though I did save them in archives, they are out of order. I will not attempt to make these continuous, it's far too much of a hassle.
Forum rules
Posts in these threads may not be continuous! Don't give yourself a headache trying to figure them out. Just appreciate the bonus posts.
Granite Stoneheart
Z's Account

Re: Day Two: Gathering of Heroes

Post by Granite Stoneheart »

Granite's eyes caught a glimpse of bright white and turned to see Moryssa the dark elf merchant. Her breath caught in her throat, but she exhaled in relief when she realized Moryssa was fine. She heard what had happened, and having Moryssa back in the common room would probably cause quite a stir. Granite braced herself for what was next.
Granite Stoneheart (Bastion's Demons) - Profile - Gallery

dngtexn

Post by dngtexn »

Toan stayed by his sisters side and though he felt bad for the people that had died, and for those that were hurt; he would stand beside his sister. And if anyone made a threatening move towards her, by the gods he would not let them get close enough to hurt her. As long as he held his sword he felt he could protect her.
Your Friends,
Caradithil and Dinalindel; Centaurs of the Glassy Woods

Caradithil (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Dinalindel (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Nipa (A New Balance) - Profile - Gallery

singularityman

Post by singularityman »

Thangroth nodded and spoke in his usual jovial tone, as he drained his cup. "Aye, that I am milady." Then the red-haired dwarf noticed his companion glance, towards and elven woman. For some reason there seemed to be a bit of tension in the air, whatever was about to happen next might not be pretty. Perhaps it was an elven matter, whatever it was Thangroth didn't envy any involved. This was one of the few times he was actually a bit glad he had no idea what was going on.
Singularityman Says

Cian Tremas (Cian's Quest) - Profile - Gallery
Lanir (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Phaeton Sky-Eyes (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Thangroth Broadarm (Trials of the Half-Elven) - Profile - Gallery

Naclia
Z's Account

Post by Naclia »

Naclia slipped into her seat and back into Talen's arms, then noticed most of the rooms attention was focused at one spot. She looked to see Moryssa, Kiran and Toan standing at the base of the stairs. Biting her lip nervously, she looked around the room to see if anyone would react to that...
Naclia (The Golden Egg) - Profile - Gallery

Aiyanna Starwind

Post by Aiyanna Starwind »

Aiyanna looked up at first at the dark elf, then at the sound outside the door. She felt like demanding a way to get the dark curse off herself, but there was no way this elf who has been possessed knew how to do it or how it was done even. But still because of her, so much damage was done. Someone with her must know what sort of magic was used. Aiyanna stood up and tapped the table with her staff to get attention. "I would be grateful if anyone knew how to get the dark curse off me that dark elf cast." She waited for an answer, someone must be stronger than the one who cast it. There had to be...She didn't want to think about if there wasn't anyone.
Aiyanna Irisis (A New Balance) - Profile - Gallery

Deedlit
Canon NPC

Post by Deedlit »

Deedlit and Parn led their entourage of warriors and magicians back to Dabagon Inn. Behind them, Ryna and Callin, Leaf and Thorn--err, Dravin, Joline, Arturo, Luria and Fasz. From the four blocks down the street, they already saw a large gathering in the street in front of the inn. As they came closer, Deedlit could see it was made up mostly of light elves, no doubt the Glassy Woods Rangers she had heard about.

As they came closer, Deedlit noticed there was a small group of dark elves segregated from the rest. Before this war, she would have been probably as much on edge as the Glassy Woods elves, but after meeting Zira, Ariakan, Kiran, Moryssa, Toan and Azoth, her old prejudices had melted away. This being Raiden, and the fact that these elves were out in the open, Deedlit assumed they were no threat, but only looking to help.

The Glassy Woods rangers apparently felt threatened by them. They sneered and eyed the dark-skinned elves warily for the most part. A few insults flew between the groups. Deedlit could feel the tension thickening around her. She slowed her pace and watched the two groups. It seemed as if at any moment there would be an all out brawl in the street.
“A human life, a worm’s life; a life is a life.”

Little Knight

Post by Little Knight »

Seygrim watched the whole ordeal with amusement. Well, if there was going to be a spark, he would be it. Holding his hand up to his lips, his eyes opened up. From his hiding place, he chanted a spell. "Heart born from stone, given flesh, return to your home. Become one with my will, be become mine... "

Meanwhile, among the glassy woods rangers an elf's eyes went utterly blank. Picking up a stone, he looked at one of the dark elves, reared back, and threw the stone as hard as he could. As the stone left his hand his eyes returned, and seemed somewhat surprised by his actions. This single act, however, started a brawl once the stone hit the dark elf's flesh.
"Money! Babes! Alcohol!! GWAHAHA!"

Albedo Oaks (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Azala (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Epros Telason (Cian's Quest) - Profile - Gallery
Fenix Greywords (Vampire Hunt) - Profile - Gallery
Niklas Melphist (Search for the Stormlord/Liberation of Ales) - Profile - Gallery
Silemria Til'Elsa Gradus (Kidnapped Princess/New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery

Priestess Sairina
Z's Account

Post by Priestess Sairina »

Elza, Orion and Sairina returned to Dabagon inn, taking their time, mostly because Elza just wanted to stroll with Orion. However, as they approached the inn, Elza heard the definite signs of a fight and in the street, she noticed a number of elves starting to brawl. After a moment, she noticed that they were both light and dark elves.

"By Cha Za! What is going on?" Elza demanded to anyone able to hear.
Sairina Fadriewen (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery

CrimsonJustice

Post by CrimsonJustice »

Naclia wrote:Blaze placed his hand gently on Akaria's shoulder. "Don't worry Akaria, I will do all that is in my power to make sure he comes home to you," his fiery gaze passed to Ariakan. "I wish that we could afford to spare you in the upcoming battle, but we need all the help we can get."

"I know," Akaria said, "I pray this pointless war ends soon." She said simply and stared into her cup of tea. She would be avoiding wine from now on.

Sevrina met Ariakan's eyes as he finally turned to her. "Later, Ariakan. The sun is nearly down and nearly everyone is here. Zira, Seri, you should start preparing. I'll speak to you afterwards," Sevrina told Ariakan. Her voice had been rather soft, but still as firm as ever.

Zira glanced out the window, "Ah, you're right Sevrina. I need to gather my thoughts. Falis, my pulse is racing. I'll tell everyone to gather out in front of the inn and deliver an impromptu speech. Does anyone else want to speak?"

Seri was the first to speak up, "I will, someone needs to address the Glassy Woods rangers more directly."
Ariakan looked to Blaze and replied as he held Akaria's hand gently, he knew it was true they could not afford to lose him this battle."Vesper will not win here, I would of course like to remind everybody of the costly victory we had in blade. I will let others speak and shall join you all outside when I am ready, this is a battle that I will not hold anything back in." He planned on changing once again into a dragon and fight the battle entirely in the state, he would be paying for it the next morning but then he had a lot to fight for. Looking to Sevrina he gave her a quick reply before picking up his goblet of wine with another intent.

"Best idea there, he'll be arriving soon and probably with his army as well." Holding the glass up he cleared his throat and stood up, making sure everybody had a drink. "To gaining another victory and new beginnings for the future generation, may we all find victory this night and turn the tide in our favor. Also to new life in the face of death, may they to come know a land without war for their natural lives."

He looked around hoping that the events of the day had prove fruitful for the group, that they all still remembered their personal goals as well as the bigger goal of saving the land from chaos.
Daulag Udaar (Bastion's Demons) - Profile - Gallery
Jereidon Thappis (Search for the Stormlord/Quest for Neria) - Profile - Gallery
Kylia Stormshadow aka Nuij Velg'larn (Cian's Quest) - Profile - Gallery
Nakira Tan'kari (Vampire Hunt) - Profile - Gallery
Rylan (The Golden Egg) - Profile - Gallery
Thiana (Hunt for Kiran) - Profile - Gallery
Tornalin "Bloodscar" Stoneshard (Building an Empire at Sea) - Profile - Gallery
Ultarik Grimeye (New Marmo Republic/A New Balance) - Profile - Gallery

Kiran
Z's Account

Post by Kiran »

As Moryssa stood in front of the entire room, she could see out on the street that a fight had started between common and dark elves. Her ocean blue eyes widened, but she had to take care of this. She was a little grateful for the attention taken fully off her.

Hearing a loud clack against wood, Moryssa turned to the source of the sound which was a young sorceress she vaguely recognized. Anubus had cast a spell on some sorcerer through her, but that was all Moryssa recalled hearing from Kiran. This must have been the one.

Moryssa looked down to the floor shamefully, then forced herself to look at the girl. "What ever spell was cast through me, I can't undo. The spell was cast by a...Anubus. He has...some sort of control over me that so far, no one has been able to undo. I want to offer my apologies to anyone hurt...I had no control of my actions," Moryssa returned her eyes to the floor. "I will be leaving tonight so I won't cause any more problems."
Kiran (Hunt for Kiran) - Profile - Gallery
I've dealt with my ghosts and I've faced all my demons
Finally content with a past I regret
I've found you find strength in your moments of weakness
For once I'm at peace with myself

dngtexn

Post by dngtexn »

Toan's grip on his sword increased. He hated hearing her talk as if this was her fault, it wasn't. He would not let it be, but when he heard her mention that name, anger seethed in him, and yet also despair, as he was unable to help. There was only a slight reprieve from his dark thoughts as the noise outside grew louder... especially since the front door was missing.
Your Friends,
Caradithil and Dinalindel; Centaurs of the Glassy Woods

Caradithil (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Dinalindel (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Nipa (A New Balance) - Profile - Gallery

Luria

Post by Luria »

Luria's blood got pumping faster as the brawl broke out. "Hey, stop that!" she yelled. Her father had been one of the elves from the forest before he and her mother met, and Luria had visited their home before. So she considered them to be like distant kin. They lost their homes, and that was awful. But they couldn't just beat up on other races for it, that was just not right. The dark elves didn't do anything. "Hey, stop it!" she yelled, and ran ahead of Joline and the others. She heard the spell that one of them was casting but didn't recognize it well enough to do anything to counter it. They were probably more powerful than her anyway. She ran in front of the elves and outstretched her arms. "Hey you guys, you just can't fight each other!"

Unfortunately, Luria was not very imposing and the elves were not about to listen to her. Apparently a few of them were not so fond of half-elves either. She barely saw a fist coming before it connected with her left cheek. That was the end for Luria's civil side. She hit the elven man back hard as she could, which was actually pretty hard despite her petite form. She was an archer after all, arm strength was her expertise. He struck the first blow, so it was fair enough she figured. She just hoped that they wouldn't kick her off the hero team for brawling.

Luda and Ardyn came upon the Dabagon inn from an ally after exploring the city. They both disliked crowded places, and neither had ever seen Raiden before. Not that there was much to see in its current state. Ardyn failed to gain any tactical knowledge and Luda did not run into any priests or priestesses who could tell her anything she didn't already know. Most were young and full of faith and bravery, but inexperienced in actual battles. All in all it was an unsuccessful outing. Ardyn spoke up and called Luda's attention to a crowd outside the inn. "Looks like a problem" he said. Luda looked at the crowd, most elves. The dark elves were on one side and some, apparently from the glassy woods, were on the other.

"It doesn't look like anything that concerns us," Luda replied. "I will try to stop violence and heal the wounded if there are any, but this is something that the elves will have to work out. Humans can't possibly understand their prejudices."

"Hey, Lady Deedlit is over that direction. She and Parn must have a made a few new friends. Heh... one of them just jumped into the middle of that mess."

Luda did not pay attention to the girl he pointed out but began to cross the street towards the others, staying a healthy distance from the crowd. "I hope Zira and\line the rest aren't involved. These elves could cause a real mess. It's ironic...elves usually would complain about the petty differences humans have with each other."

Ardyn followed but the brawl had his attention distracted. "Something about that girl is real familiar," he said absently. "She kinda reminds me of you a little. Err... purely in appearance, I mean."
Luda Rhan (A New Balance/Search for the Stormlord) - Profile - Gallery
Luria (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Toan* (A New Balance) - Profile - Gallery

Deedlit
Canon NPC

Post by Deedlit »

Deedlit's jaw dropped as she watched the fight unfurl in front of her. From somewhere on the Light elven side, a stone was cast and all hell broke loose. Dark elves charged into the light elven side, and light elves ran right to the dark. A few more pacifistic stragglers moved aside in utter shock.

Deedlit started thinking of any spell she could use to stop the fight, but she wasn't powerful enough to bind all the elves, certainly, some could be more powerful than her. But...none could be stronger than Seri.

Deedlit pulled away from Parn and ran to the hole in the front of the the. "Seri!" she called inside. "We need you out here!"
“A human life, a worm’s life; a life is a life.”

Aiyanna Starwind

Post by Aiyanna Starwind »

Kiran wrote:Moryssa looked down to the floor shamefully, then forced herself to look at the girl. "What ever spell was cast through me, I can't undo. The spell was cast by a...Anubus. He has...some sort of control over me that so far, no one has been able to undo. I want to offer my apologies to anyone hurt...I had no control of my actions," Moryssa returned her eyes to the floor. "I will be leaving tonight so I won't cause any more problems."
Aiyanna's eyes went wide at Moryssa's reply. She couldn't blame the dark elf but it was a scary thought not having anything to fight or defend herself with was what scared her most. Aiyanna simply sat back down in despair and stared at the table before her, like it had come alive. There had to be someone who knew about this dark curse...right? She had to do something, either that or die. Maybe it was a better option that way, it was like her heart was being carved out.

Erias looked at his sister, who was despairing but she did not panic yet. This was frustrating. If he were a mage he might have at least tried to help her. Not for the first time in 13 years he regretted that he wasn't a mage.
Aiyanna Irisis (A New Balance) - Profile - Gallery

perlap13elf

Post by perlap13elf »

Priestess Sairina wrote:Elza, Orion and Sairina returned to Dabagon inn, taking their time, mostly because Elza just wanted to stroll with Orion. However, as they approached the inn, Elza heard the definite signs of a fight and in the street, she noticed a number of elves starting to brawl. After a moment, she noticed that they were both light and dark elves.

"By Cha Za! What is going on?" Elza demanded to anyone able to hear.
Orion was content strolling back with Elza but when eyes fell upon the Brawl before them he couldn't help but sigh quietly. This probably wasn't anything good but with this many people around and everyone on edge it was bound to happen. he absently brushed his bangs from his face.

Return to “The Chaos War Archives”