Day Three: First Wave

These are the old posts from the original Eiyuu Kishi Den, dubbed “The Chaos War” (no relation to another Lodoss website). This RP ran from June 2001-2004. Regrettably, I deleted all the old group posts, though I did save them in archives, they are out of order. I will not attempt to make these continuous, it's far too much of a hassle.
Forum rules
Posts in these threads may not be continuous! Don't give yourself a headache trying to figure them out. Just appreciate the bonus posts.
Luria

Re: Day Three: First Wave

Post by Luria »

Luria scratched her head, puzzled. It was obvious she wasn't a wyvern expert, actually this was her first time seeing one up close. It looked like you could make some good armor out of its hide, and it might be okay to eat, but that was all she could tell. "Just uhhh what... are you planning on doing with it?"
Luda Rhan (A New Balance/Search for the Stormlord) - Profile - Gallery
Luria (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Toan* (A New Balance) - Profile - Gallery

perlap13elf

Post by perlap13elf »

Orion shook his head briefly, regaining his senses and redrawing the bow and fired again. His eyes flickered briefly to the one who had apparently just saved them and thanks glimmered over his face for the briefest of moments before he turned back to his task, firing again. Besides the battle only one other person stayed on his mind at the moment and he used her image to keep the fear and worry from his features and continued to fire into the flying Wyverns above.

Aiden Silvermoon II
Z's Account

Post by Aiden Silvermoon II »

As Aaewin approached the fallen wyvern, the great lance it's rider carried flung out without the slightest warning and caught the ranger across the midsection. It wasn't bladed, but the force it came across with sent the ranger flying into a nearby building.

"Aaewin!" Aiden screamed and his eyes followed her as she flew across the street. Without concern for his own well being, he ran straight for the elven ranger. When he reached her, he gently picked her up in his arms to find she was completely limp.
Aiden Silvermoon II (The Golden Egg) - Profile - Gallery

"If I told you that you had a great body, would you hold it against me?"

Naclia
Z's Account

Post by Naclia »

Naclia's jaw dropped and she flung her arm toward Aaewin uselessly as she was tossed aside like a rag doll. However, an instant later, she had her bow drawn and let loose a bolt of fire at the Yoroi lancer.
Naclia (The Golden Egg) - Profile - Gallery

Luria

Post by Luria »

"Damn!" Luria squeaked. "Don't these things know when to just die?" She took her frustration out by firing her arrows along with Naclia.
Luda Rhan (A New Balance/Search for the Stormlord) - Profile - Gallery
Luria (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Toan* (A New Balance) - Profile - Gallery

Aiden Silvermoon II
Z's Account

Post by Aiden Silvermoon II »

"Aaewin?" Aiden murmured and turned her face toward him. Blood trickled from her nose and mouth and her eyes started blankly upwards. Vainly, he felt for a pulse and found none. "Oh Falis no..." Aiden pulled her body close and pressed his face into her fair hair, then started to cry.
Aiden Silvermoon II (The Golden Egg) - Profile - Gallery

"If I told you that you had a great body, would you hold it against me?"

Little Knight

Post by Little Knight »

Sera, meanwhile, continued killing Wyverns as she saw them. At this point, there were enough Wyverns that accuracy was of little importance. Taking three arrows at a time, she sent a rain of arrows into the air, and while waiting for new arrows, she sent blasts of light to blind the Wyverns and their riders. Even at the start of the battle the ground was littered with bodies, Mortal, Immortal, dragonic blood mixed in the streets. Taking a shot, it struck another Wyvern's eye and went out the other side of its head. Sera glanced at Cray, then felt to see if the arrow was still there.
"Money! Babes! Alcohol!! GWAHAHA!"

Albedo Oaks (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Azala (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Epros Telason (Cian's Quest) - Profile - Gallery
Fenix Greywords (Vampire Hunt) - Profile - Gallery
Niklas Melphist (Search for the Stormlord/Liberation of Ales) - Profile - Gallery
Silemria Til'Elsa Gradus (Kidnapped Princess/New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery

Alera Tai'var

Post by Alera Tai'var »

"Sarlyn!" yelled the lead mage of the Blade Eagles as he summoned a volley of fire to his command. "Bite of fire, arrive to my finger! Take the neck of my foe and take the vengeance that is duly ours!" Fire balls flew through the sky, exploding around the Wyverns. He was getting tired. All of his ranks were getting tired. Soon, they would have to stop. Soon it would all be up to the archers.
I'm OCD for EKD!

Carianna Mareleth (Cian's Quest) - Profile - Gallery
Grennith (New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Itoya* (New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Jeren Octavian Aldener (Search for Nat) - Profile - Gallery
Jleslie "Rose" Seif (A New Balance) - Profile - Gallery
Orion* (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Rone Kalmaine (Vampire Hunt) - Profile - Gallery
Desmond "Rory" D'Angelline (Adventures in Lodoss) - Profile - Gallery
Terelyn "Crimson Corsair" Tai'var (Building an Empire at Sea) - Profile - Gallery
Veriss Trelem (Liberation of Ales) - Profile - Gallery
Yrsanne* (Hunt for Kiran) - Profile - Gallery
Zylanthian Baratoice (Lost Humanity) - Profile - Gallery

Zatch

Post by Zatch »

Z wrote:Looks like a lot of posts were lost here...
As the most competent of the five in conventional medicine, Falco worked tirelessly to aid the swarm of injured fighters. Some of them arriving as corpses, subject to cardiac arrest from the shock and brought in too late. The brothers were forced to work quickly, helping a patient just long enough to ensure they wouldn't die in the immediate time frame before moving on to the next.

With Sevrina's help, Kai made his way down to the basement where he was greeted by Titus, who immediately recognized him as Zatch's brother. The Rada priest swiftly examined Kai with less attention than he would have liked.

"He'll live." Titus said bluntly after discovering a mildly irregular pulse and burn on his hand that would likely leave a scar.

Kai replied "Good to know."

"But you're done fighting for the day." Said Titus just as he left to attend to someone more in need of his skill.
Kai (A New Balance) - Profile - Gallery
Nessa (A New Balance) - Profile - Gallery
Trent Delumbra (Trials of the Half-Elven) - Profile - Gallery
Wryen - Profile - Gallery

Sevrina
Z's Account

Post by Sevrina »

Sevrina sat down beside Kai. All the wounds she had earlier were gone, though her healing was nothing she felt she needed. Her reason for seeing a priest was to make sure she wasn't at risk of miscarriage. She wanted to fight more, but she had scared herself more than enough once the adrenaline from the last battle wore off.

"At least they're not the only healers we have," she murmured as she glanced to Kai's hand. "If that scarred, you'd barely be able to wield a sword properly again."
Sevrina (New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery

Zatch

Post by Zatch »

"I've had worse." Kai replied as he rolled back his left shoulder and from it came a sickening pop. "Got that when I was still a squire in the second war of heroes. A surgeon told me he would likely have to take my arm, hurts like a bitch in cold weather but I still have it."

Though Sevrina was right, if left untreated it would take years if at all for him to regain full use. Fortunately a priestess acting as a nurse came up to them and bound Kai's hand with a yellow paste to keep it from getting infected. Nothing much, just enough to stop the damage until it could be healed properly later. It would have been unwise to use her healing magic unless it meant life or death, lest she tired out before a life depended on her.

Once she finished with Kai's hand she turned to Sevrina. "Are you hurt?"
Kai (A New Balance) - Profile - Gallery
Nessa (A New Balance) - Profile - Gallery
Trent Delumbra (Trials of the Half-Elven) - Profile - Gallery
Wryen - Profile - Gallery

Sevrina
Z's Account

Post by Sevrina »

"I've already seen a priest, thank you," Sevrina replied, sending the priestess on her way to other victims. The dark elf turned her attention back to Kai. "I have many old wounds, but they tend to go away after a few decades, at least for an elf. Except the worst of course."

She couldn't really think of what else to say. She never really was much for small talk. Why she was speaking to Kai like this, she couldn't really understand. It just felt good to talk with someone who she had shared such an experience with. But it was something she never felt before. She was changing, for what reason, she couldn't fathom. She felt alive.
Sevrina (New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery

Deedlit
Canon NPC

Post by Deedlit »

Deedlit awoke laying on a pile of hay. The room was buzzing with voices and it took a moment to realize where she was. She had to be in one of the cellars. Looking around, she saw that was exactly where she was. The room was filled with priests and wounded. Deedlit felt a little sore, but apparently she'd been healed. Glancing to her side, she saw Parn resting beside her. She reached over and gently shook his shoulder. "Parn?"
“A human life, a worm’s life; a life is a life.”

Knight of Lodoss
Canon NPC

Post by Knight of Lodoss »

Parn yawned as he was awakened, a bit surprised that his muscles still didn't burn like fire. He was in rough shape before he had been brought here, and he was thankful he wasn't dead. Of course, he was tired, but clerical magic tended to do that. If Parn had any understanding of how it worked, perhaps he could grasp it better. But a swordsman he was, and a mage or cleric he was not. "Hey Deed... feeling better?"
"The reason I fight isn't to be a hero. I just want to do what I feel is right."
"Don’t just abandon yourself, don't become a man who only lives for the duty given to him."

Deedlit
Canon NPC

Post by Deedlit »

"Physically, I'm fine," Deedlit replied. "But I'm worried...I wonder how the battle goes." The high elf murmured distantly as she stared off into the room of wounded warriors. "I hope Cassandra was right."
“A human life, a worm’s life; a life is a life.”

Return to “The Chaos War Archives”