The Ball

A spin-off RP set twenty years in the future when the heroes of the Chaos War reunite, but become victims of their old enemies. The children of the heroes must solve the mystery and save their parents. RPed from unknown-2004, ended at the same time as the Chaos War.
Aiyanna Starwind

Re: The Ball

Post by Aiyanna Starwind »

Luce smiled, "I can speak to sorcerers and sorceress to help," Luce offered, before Aiyanna tugged at his sleeve.

"Parn and Deedlit please consider our help too, and Luce has considerable influence in courts from Moss to Flaim to Kanon...and even Valis."

Luce gently smiled, "Lords can alert their villages to look out for these particular two travelers and bring the princess alive and well and Albedo also."

"Umm…Luce maybe we should just ask Kanon and Valis two most likely place they had go directly from Alania.

They would want rewards for their efforts."

Luce grinned back, "Don't worry, I am going to ask only those who owe me a lot of favors."

Aiyanna sighed wearily, "I will have to vision cast make sure she is okay and not hurt fatally."

"Later my cousin, not in here, I will show how to reflect what you wish to see in thin air..."

"I could do that already before I reached 20.."

"Alright, then what are you waiting for?"

Aiyanna looked at him skeptically and turned to Deedlit and Parn, "Deedlit and Parn do you also wish to see the princess's current state?" Aiyanna shrugged and let several signs glow in their trail as she drew them, though she didn't know where these ancient letters came from, it served purpose. "Stars let your eyes see these two, who flee under the brightness of your light. I command you to show us what we desire." The air rippled then a huge oval shape came into view, it was dark but could clearly make out that it was outside the wall of Alan. Considering both had elven heritage, it was no surprise that they have reached that far with speed both can go. But why were they looking at a middle-aged human couple? It was a Illusion spell.

"It is an illusion spell, any good mage can see through the illusion spell, so they are fleeing outside. How nice. We better get them faster otherwise they might well as be outside the border of Alania by the time we try to reach them. At least we know the princess is still alive and well enough to travel." Aiyanna then frowned suddenly as she closed the circle. "Flames dance in the wind of the Storm as it thunders across the Earth torn asunder and may the Water be ever angry..." Aiyanna repeated what she said to her daughter sometime ago.
Aiyanna Irisis (A New Balance) - Profile - Gallery

Wolf

Post by Wolf »

"My Lord..." A tall but rather jolly blond man approached his king. Counselor Ramund, a good natured man who's family had been serving the monarchy of the land for as long as history would allow. He was dressed colorfully for the occasion, a rich violet robe trimmed with gold. As usual, his hair looked attempted to be combed but resisted, sticking out at odd angles.

"I beg your forgiveness for interrupting you but..." Ramund's head bobbed quickly between each word. "There is a vital matter that begs your attention in the throne room. And it may be of help if the heroes we have in attendance come as well. There is speak of a war with Alecrast and they have dispatched a fleet of warships towards us..."
Ashe Wolfarius (A New Balance) - Profile - Gallery
Jinn Rishnah (A New Balance) - Profile - Gallery

Bloodshield

Post by Bloodshield »

Gale looked at Parn. He cursed quiet loudly. A very undignified thing. "Ramund, are you sure? Parn...now I'm beginning to see a puzzle falling into place. Recall your Knights. I'm recalling my Lancers. This is all to timely an occurrence. I am beginning to think our kidnapper was hired. If what Ramund said is, in fact, true. We'll need all our strengths mustered here to protect the borders and the out laying villages. I will not leave your daughter stranded. My Lancers will be recalled, but I will personally pursue the matter." Gale lifted his helmet and pulled it one his head, he'd not worn that helmet in years. "Though...I'll need help."

Blaze took off the cloth covering his eyes. He slowly opened them, any one glancing his way would only see the very cosmos. "I see another great war... Much suffering, if nothing is done now." He snapped his eyes shut painfully and tied the cloth around his head to cover his eyes again. He sounded winded, nearly exhausted. "...It was horrible...pray you never saw what I have...all of you." He thought for a moment and began to ramble out loud. "It's falling into their hands now. It's unfair for the burden to land on unready shoulders. I lived through one hellish war...I wished I'd never had to see another... I wished they'd never have to see dark days either."
Words are cheap, show me your truth through action.

Avion Ravenstorm (A New Balance) - Profile

Mia
Z's Account

Post by Mia »

Mia shook her head. "Gale, Ailil's kidnapping had nothing to do with whatever is coming," she said and stepped toward him. "You weren't close enough to hear what happened. That kidnapper was Azala's son, he came to kill Azala. Ailil was his way to escape. I will go and retrieve the princess, with Gale."

Mia grimaced at her gowns. "Now if you'll excuse me," Mia said, bowed and headed out the door of the ball room. "I'm going to get out of this accursed satin deathtrap." Mia left the room and returned to her room to change into something more reasonable.
Mia (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery

"Falis! I need a drink!"
The next morning...
"Falis, I need to quit drinking..."

Aiyanna Starwind

Aiyanna looked at Blaze, then nodded. "This time...maybe we should take on this matter first or as Mia suggested we had split the responsibilities. This is from a vision I saw as well...not long ago. Lodoss's sky was darkened fire. Storm raged across all over Lodoss and Water was raging in their most malicious form in rivers, sea and, by Falis, even through rain and sky was filled with lightening and storms and earth was torn and dead. Well, most places I think...maybe not the Forest of No Return...since it is heavily protected."

Aiyanna sighed then continued on, "Then there is our family feud. The last family feud took in places near what is now Tarba more then 500 years ago, this time I am afraid we will be fighting in bigger scale and it may damage the villages near by and possibly Tarba. But then this time it maybe all over Lodoss, who knows."

Luce took on this cue and continued on, "It's rather a long story, but let's say this...past is coming back, just looking at our family feud coming up, it's definitely back."

Bloodshield

Post by Bloodshield »

Blaze's head drooped slightly. He groaned softly, looking very disturbed. He didn't look up to see the other's faces. It was rare that Blaze was ever worried now-a-days. "You're sights mirror my own, my friend. I prayed and hoped there was a way to circumvent this event. But it seems it is inevitable... ...Just as it was inevitable that Gabriel has just flown over the Courtyard wall." He looked to Zira, worry growing heavier. "He's alone...I'd have expected him to go with others... I don't like the way this bodes." He looked up at Parn. "Your guards at the gate couldn't have stopped him. It was fated to happen...I just...didn't expect it to happen like this."

Gale looked over at Blaze. "I'll find him as well. When Mia is ready, we're setting out immediately. I'm not going to sit by. I'm sure others may follow Gabriel's example...I'm sure my son will... I can't track them though." He looked at Sevrina, he didn't want to get her involved if she didn't want to be. "Sevrina...I...need your help to track them. You're skills in tracking and lure are greater than mine. Always have been."

Aiyanna Starwind

Aiyanna frowned, "It is worrying, Sirius, the student of Jinn, has been sent with a warning for me and for Cray from Jinn himself. He told me to stay in Lodoss no matter what. Plus there is other worries to matter about as well for many individuals gathered here. Especially our children like Blaze and Zira's child who has flown, they may not listen to us."

Luce was twitching slightly, "Their voices are in discord, both Moon and the Stars and that worries me... a lot."

Zira
Z's Account

Post by Zira »

Zira looked back at her husband with first shock, then frustration. "So, he found his wings did he?" she murmured. He was too young! All children thought they were ready at that age, but Gabe was still only sixteen. He wasn't fully trained in shamanism or swordsmanship. He was still only a child in her eyes and the fear for his life ached in her heart.
“Give this some thought
And I'm sure you will know
This is the way it must be
Emotions will rise, Emotions will flow
You bring out the tears in me”

Zira (New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Avatar art by Onna-giri from this image.

Aiyanna Starwind

Aiyanna bowed to Parn and Deedlit, "I shall check upon the children, and Luce send the warning to Flaim and others you know. Magically...outside is dangerous to be done physically. Nonetheless, send a messenger as well. I am going to find my daughter and Jalen."

Aiyanna stepped out on the courtyard to outside, where discord was clearer. But her daughter was not within the lights of the hall, Aiyanna frowned and murmured something and her crystal orb sitting on top of the staff shimmered with silvery light of the moon. "Azura! Jalen!"

Azura nodded, "Okay, see you soon."

Jalen ushered his cousin outside to the courtyard. "Look stars are not happy at all." Jalen smiled. "Look I will show you something, don't be so glum."

Jalen spread a star circle and murmured a spell and thin beams of silvery light shot down from what seemed like indefinite depth of the sky, from the moon. Then it spread into swirling dancing pattern of light, a little firework of light and finally it melted into a pool of pale luminous light of the moon and it formed a scene. It seemed a little primitive in terms of fauna.

"That was what is today's Alania, I will show you the beginning of our family as I read of the scrolls at home. This is before the kingdom of Kastuul." The image moved and a man with pale face and black hair but with deep sky blue eyes came into the scene, doing a mediation on a clearing in a forest. "He was start of our family, We are one thousand years old or so in terms of family history as Starwind." Jalen explained. And Azura looked on with interest. "I will show you the last blood feud between us and the Deathwinds, it may help us in the future fight."

Adriel
Z's Account

Post by Adriel »

Adriel led Natu down a path as a gesture of kindness. Honestly, he wanted to dance more, but now he couldn't reach his goal of dancing with every girl. He seemed very disappointed.

Adriel continued to the pond where he had met Arianna and Tasuki before the ball. It was a lovely little spot. He led Natu to a stone bench and offered her a seat.
Adriel (Hunt for Kiran) - Profile - Gallery
Sythenra* (Hunt for Kiran) - Profile - Gallery

Sevrina
Z's Account

Post by Sevrina »

Arianna wandered to the crossing of paths she had met a good number of guests at earlier. Adriel and an exotic looking half-elf were already seated near the pond. Arianna could already see Tasuki challenging Adriel again. Sometimes he was too protective. Tasuki didn't seem to realize she could take care of herself around men, she didn't need the protection of short-tempered were-wolf.
Sevrina (New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery

Bloodshield

Post by Bloodshield »

Near true to the thoughts that passed through Arianna's head, Tasuki was indeed short fused at the moment. He was far from the other children. His spirit was very much his fathers. He was in a corner of the courtyard, practicing his techniques with his punch claws. He was good, the mix of speed, agility, and the wolven strength made those weapons choice. "That fat-old knight is outta his league...he me? ME!? I'LL TEAR HIS FRIGGIN' HEAD OFF!!!" He threw a straight punch that hit the rock wall and cut deep sparking grooves into it. He saw Altaris in front of him. His mind was bent on him, for the moment. "...I hate that man." He let his guard drop and relaxed, leaning against the wall.

Gabe was growing a bit more independent. He already surprised himself with the words he said to his mother. He stood by the pond, but not near the two that were there. He stared at his reflection in the water and nodded lightly. It was time. He felt it and his father always used to tell him; 'You'll find your wings when you are ready for them. Your TRUE wings.' Gabe took in a breath slowly and summoned up his power. The power that was his lineage. He retched quietly. There was a tearing sound. The slits in the back of his armor was suddenly filled with fresh wings that tore out of his body. He gasped at the slight pain and surprise. His wings...HIS WINGS. He had his wings...permanently. He looked at his wings in the water. They weren't like his father's. His were golden stemmed, the claw was black and the leather membrane between the stems were a coppery-brown color.

"'Wings, to fly to your dreams. Stretch you wings and fly...nothing can stop you.' I once read that...I wonder if it's true." He looked up at the night sky and nodded gently. "I'll soon learn if it's true...my birthday is in two days... this adventure will be my...present...my trial...my rite." He turned to look at his wings at an angle, they were still wet, slick with blood from having to rip free. He walked away from everyone, not wanting to disgust them. He sat on a bench to clean them. "...I hope no one thinks I'm a freak..."

Little Leylia
Z's Account

Post by Little Leylia »

Jamila walked through the courtyard, looking for some of the other individuals her age. Suddenly, she heard the awful sound of ripping flesh. Fearing someone had been hurt, Jamila ran towards the noise and saw Gabriel walking away from the pond with a pair of blood-soaked wings on his back.

At least it wasn't too shocking for her, his father had wings as well. She just thought he might have been born with them. Jamila headed down the path after Gabe, following a trail of blood and found him sitting on a bench.

Jamila stopped and watched him for a moment, waiting for him to notice her. "Are you alright?" she asked.

Bloodshield

Post by Bloodshield »

Gabe's eyes shot up to meet the speaker who'd spoken to him. He had one wing folded oddly downward. Using his formal cloak as a cloth he was cleaning his new wings. "Am I...ok...? Y-you're not calling me a freak or running away? ...I'm in a lot of pain, if that's what your asking... My back hurts, but it'll pass...I think."

He let his wing go, it was clean and actually glistened with the light of the moon hitting it. He brought his other wing down and started to clean it off. He moved over a bit, in case she'd like to sit. "I'm sorry if you have a feelings of disgust or anything... I was hoping I'd have my wings a while back. Ironic that they chose tonight to come. You're...Jamila, right? Forgive my ignorance...my parents never really let me go out and live a free childhood so, I’m not too sure who everyone is yet."

He finished cleaning his other wing and let it move back. He stretched his wings lightly, testing the muscles. Instinct told him to do so and also told him they were strong enough to carry him if he wished. "...There...all done...A sin I can't clean my armor until I take it off." He smiled lightly, a worried look was on his face. He was also blushing lightly at Jamila. Gabe was shy, but he did have the boldness of his mother. It was an odd mix. He looked at the ruined cloak in his hands and sighed lightly. "...Mom's gonna kill me when this is all over. No way to get blood stains out of cloth...oh well...guess it couldn't be helped." He smiled lightly at her. "So, Jamila, you going on the little 'Seek and Find' adventure?"

Little Leylia
Z's Account

Post by Little Leylia »

Jamila smiled, realizing, for the most part, he was fine. "Well, I'm a priestess of Marfa. We have to get used to seeing blood if we want to heal people," she said. "And I know your father is dragon-kin. I don't see any reason why I should be disgusted."

Jamila sat down on the bench. "I don't know if I can. Parn ordered the children not to go. They do have priests they can take if someone gets hurt. Do you want me to heal you?"

Return to “Children of Eiyuu Kishi Den I Archives”