UCLA: Lunch - Ryan & Sevrina

Set in the modern world, this RP explored what our Chaos War characters would be like as normal humans in the real world.
Sevrina
Z's Account

Re: UCLA: Lunch

Post by Sevrina »

"Chinese then, I know a good place," she replied as they backed out of the parking spot. Sevrina took the fastest route she could find off campus and headed toward LA.

"So, where did you fly in from?" she asked, recalling he mentioned just coming in today.
Sevrina (New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery

Bloodshield

Post by Bloodshield »

"Well...if you take the circumference of the Bermuda Triangle and figure it's a gateway to hell, then the state it spat up is New Jersey. I came from a place hell didn't want." He loved being sarcastic. But knew she'd want a straight answer. " I'm from New Jersey. I'm happy I'm no longer there." He shivered lightly. "Ever been there? They say the 'bible belt' is bad... Well New Jersey is the scum of the USA." His eyes twitched lightly. He quickly ended that and took a long breath to relax. "My family kept holding me back...like they were trying to hide things from me. And my sister...I'm surprised I haven't killed her in all the years. Bet you don't have a shitty family like I do."
Words are cheap, show me your truth through action.

Avion Ravenstorm (A New Balance) - Profile

Sevrina
Z's Account

Post by Sevrina »

Sevrina chuckled from his initial comments about Jersey and hell. He eventually got to the point. A little sense of humor, he seemed comfortable so far, he was direct. Good signs. He wasn't just another drooling fan. Of course, he didn't know she was a model yet. They would get to it. She glanced at him from over the rim of her glasses when he finished, then returned her eyes to the road. "I have a sister. I love her to death, can't say she feels the same about me. My mother, hardly know her. I don't care to, really. My father raised Anisa and I by himself. Nobody's family is perfect."

Bloodshield

Post by Bloodshield »

"Sisters are like that I guess. Mine just loves to be the antagonist. My dad is an English teacher, bent on correcting every single aspect of my life. My mom...when, she's a couch potato who calls me by the dog's name. The only sane one in the house, IS the dog." He fell silent, for a while mouthing out, in perfect unison, the very words of the song. He knew them by heart. "Sorry, good part. They're great in concert." He looked at her. "How long you been here? If I asked that already, please excuse me, I'm an idiot. Oh, what do you do? I'll bet you're a reporter, or something involving a camera. You're to pretty not to be."

Sevrina
Z's Account

Post by Sevrina »

Sevrina chuckled and shifted into a higher gear as she speed up. "I moved to Playa Del Rey when was I about 5, it's a little suburb south of LA," she explained. "I'm a model, I just started doing shoots for Fredericks of Hollywood yesterday."

Bloodshield

Post by Bloodshield »

Ryan raised an eyebrow. "I've taken a few peeks in those stores. My ex loved to go in there. I thought it was annoying. So you're a model, I can see that. Well kudos for you. You have a good shot at being picks for a movie or something. Hell, you're looks would fit it." Ryan shrugged. "I'll be lucky to even finish out college. I have the patience of a gnat. I'm a Taurus, if that clears up anything." He laughed. "Despite my odd variation of work fields, I like painting really. It's soothing, plus you can express yourself any way you want. My ultimate goal is to forge some incredible armor and complete in the International Swordsmanship Tournament. I watched you. Your wrist, your muscles. You know how to wield a sword, don't you. I don't find many woman who can." He smiled, a bit more comfortable in LA now that he met her.

Sevrina
Z's Account

Post by Sevrina »

Sevrina smirked and glanced over at him. "I've been taking Kendo since I was 14. Two years ago, my sensei decided I was ready for the katana," she replied and returned her eyes to the road. She took an exit off the freeway that led over a bridge, then into the city.

Traffic was as congested as usual at lunch time. At the base of the bridge, they passed a mangled car smashed into a stone pillar. Sevrina rolled her eyes. "Second accident I've seen today. Only in LA."

Bloodshield

Post by Bloodshield »

Ryan raised an eyebrow. "That's like G rated movie... In Jersey you see bodies and mangled limbs. Sometimes the drivers are so absorbed that they actually drive it, flaming engine, to where then need, or until it explodes." He cringed at the memory and shook it off. "Ok...maybe you'd be better off NOT going to Jersey...EVER."

Sevrina
Z's Account

Post by Sevrina »

Sevrina rolled her eyes again, this time it was directed at Ryan. "Ok, so maybe not ONLY in LA. Accidents here can get just as bad though. Californian drivers are fucking aggressive." Of course, Sevrina could probably charged with that crime. The sign for the Chinese restaurant was with in view down a stretch of congested street. Sevrina took every chance she got to sneak further along.

Bloodshield

Post by Bloodshield »

He changed CDs to 'Within Temptation' a very good Gothic Rock band with a female lyricist. Some how, Sevrina might be able to see how this music fit him in general. "I wonder if it's too late to change majors? You think History/Archeology is for me? ...I shouldn't be asking that, you barely know me. Sorry if that's burdensome to ask.”

Sevrina
Z's Account

Post by Sevrina »

"Whatever you want, babe," Sevrina murmured. Her lip pulled back in a sneer as she got stuck behind someone with an out of state license plate.

Bloodshield

Post by Bloodshield »

"HEY! Any anime conventions coming to town? I love working at those places. Ever been to one? You can dress how ever you went, as little or much as you want, and it's perfectly normal!" He laughed, recalling the memory of Otakon where is friend Lander tried to dress as Tarzan from Kingdom Hearts, only to end up have to duct tape his nipples and scare people. "Sorry...sorry...odd memory. That boy has problems, other than the one where he thinks his other personality is a cat-girl named Crystal, that he cross dresses to let her out."

Sevrina
Z's Account

Post by Sevrina »

Sevrina raised her eyebrow over the rim of her sunglasses. "O...k..." she said and returned her attention to the road. "Thinks he's a cat girl, all right." She didn't know who he was talking about, but probably someone she wouldn't want to associate with.

Finally, Sevrina squeezed around a car blocking the driveway of the restaurant and pulled into the parking lot. She found a spot, parked and killed the engine. For safety, she took the faceplate off her stereo and tucked it in her purse. "Be sure to tuck those out of sight," she told Ryan and motioned to the case, then got out, locked her door and waited for him to get out so she could set the alarm.

Bloodshield

Post by Bloodshield »

It was Ryan's turn to raise an eyebrow this time. He looked at his gun and put it back on. "Off the road, I'm perfectly legal to carry.” He got out, after hiding his sword along the edge of the seats. Curiously, pushing down the door's lock, getting out, and shutting the door. "...I gotta say I'm sorry for rambling. I forget that people don't give a flying fuck about my meaningless life." He grinned lightly and stood by the back of the car, waiting for Sevrina. "I'm paying. Don't argue. You drove, I pay. Order anything ya want."

Sevrina
Z's Account

Post by Sevrina »

Sevrina chuckled. "Why would I argue with that?" she said with a smirk and linked her arm with his. "Let's go."

They walked across the parking lot, and as Ryan opened the door for Sevrina, she commented, "Oh, if you're looking for someone to spar with, I'd be willing to be your partner."

Return to “Eiyuu Kishi Den: Modern Life Archives”