Silver Creek

A sub-plot of the Chaos War set in a small Kanon village that is in the process of being rebuilt when the darkness of the Chaos War falls upon them.
CrimsonJustice

Re: Silver Creek

Post by CrimsonJustice »

Nuij saw Ciprian catching up to her as she seemed to stop until he had made it to where she was, looking in his eyes she seemed to recognize him but her eyes seemed to be more bloodshot then before. "If I die here then at least I won't have to face all of my loss anymore, don't try to stop me because it won't work." Seeing the vial in his hands she didn't even blink, knowing he knew what it was by now. "Don't ever ask about that stuff, it's nobodies business but my own…" She looked into his eyes for a few seconds more as she then closed them and looked forward again, all of her intent focused at some distant enemy.

After that she pressed forward silently, seeing a few goblins ahead she drew her saber and even while running cut two of them down as well as bowling two of them over with some injuries due to her running over them. Her targets were clear, the shamans and their commander and she was obviously willing to defeat them at any cost. What she did not notice was the wound on her left leg from one of their swords, to her pain was nothing right now.
Daulag Udaar (Bastion's Demons) - Profile - Gallery
Jereidon Thappis (Search for the Stormlord/Quest for Neria) - Profile - Gallery
Kylia Stormshadow aka Nuij Velg'larn (Cian's Quest) - Profile - Gallery
Nakira Tan'kari (Vampire Hunt) - Profile - Gallery
Rylan (The Golden Egg) - Profile - Gallery
Thiana (Hunt for Kiran) - Profile - Gallery
Tornalin "Bloodscar" Stoneshard (Building an Empire at Sea) - Profile - Gallery
Ultarik Grimeye (New Marmo Republic/A New Balance) - Profile - Gallery

Ciprian Tremas
Z's Account

Post by Ciprian Tremas »

"Nuij....don't throw your life away!" Ciprian whispered as she turned away. He wanted to tell her aloud, but that would draw unwanted attention. Instead, he followed her, defending her from behind. The two goblins she injured and passed over, he slew. He watched a blade tear across her thigh and she just continued on without noticing it. He had long since discarded the vial. The priests said the mixture made her like a berserker. He'd never seen one in action, but he heard stories and reports of their strength and their tolerance of pain. Once she came down though, the wounds could kill her. Her mind could cut her off from her pain, but her body could only take so much damage. He was afraid to stop her. All he could do was protect her until the job was done.

"Go on, Nuij, I have your back," he murmured as they came closer to the Goblin lords. He didn't know if she'd hear him.
Ciprian Tremas (Cian's Quest) - Profile - Gallery

Scars heal, glory fades
And all we're left with are the memories made
Pain hurts, but only for a minute
Life is short so go on and live it
'Cause the chicks dig it

CrimsonJustice

Post by CrimsonJustice »

Nuij looked forward as she caught Cip's whispered concerns, some part of her knowing the same concern. After the blade bit into the back of her left thigh, just above the knee she came across a few more. As her saber tore into two of them her foot crashed into another's jaw, twisting its head and the sound of its neck breaking could be heard. Barely hearing Cip say he had her back she looked back with a glimmer of recognition as an arrow struck her right shoulder, a dagger in the throat of the archer as her response.

Upon reaching the goblin lords she looked at them, her eyes focused on the one that appeared to be a shaman. Giving it a knowing look she launched herself at it, knocking it back with a firm foot to the chest causing a few broken ribs. In this action she narrowly avoided a sword strike and an arrow, focusing on the downed shaman she sent her fist into its throat in a leopard strike as it stopped moving with a crushed throat. Standing up she seemed a bit shaky as she engaged another of them with her blade, blocking and parrying as she waited for a hole for her to slip a dagger concealed in her other hand through. The fight seemed to be more difficult than she expected as it was apparent she had fought herself into a corner, and was barely holding her own with them. She managed to take out one of its arms and then got her dagger into it's side, though through this she was unaware of the other one sneaking up behind her and about to strike down to where her neck met her shoulders… Her strength obviously waning as she was slowing and reactions seeming to stall somewhat, this mixture was no longer as effective as it used to be. Her body was becoming more tolerant to it, and its effect didn't last long at this point. Turning around as the blade came down she was knocked over by a shield, and one of the goblins was grinning as she fell to the ground and was having trouble getting up from the feeling returning to her body…

Ciprian Tremas
Z's Account

Post by Ciprian Tremas »

Ciprian brought his sword down on the skull of an approaching goblin and glanced back at Nuij to catch her glance, and see the arrow that buried itself in her shoulder. He winced for her, and was nearly caught off guard by another archer. On arrow glanced off his breastplate and grazed his neck, another impaled itself in his forearm. Cip yanked it out without a second thought and hissed in pain. Ciprian had no daggers, nor the aim to take down the archer, so he raised his shield ran on and the archer, in it's haste, nailed a few of it's comrades trying to hit Cip.

Scars heal, glory fades
'Cause the chicks dig it

CrimsonJustice

Post by CrimsonJustice »

"Cip, don't become a target yourself. Get away from here, the village is lost and even if you did finish this I don't think I can make it back… I'll try, can't promise anything. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to endanger us both." She spoke as she could just lay there, her left arm catching the seemingly dead goblin lords arm as it's blade tried to strike her but finding only it's side. After that she looked at her attackers in the eye and spat at them, giving them a daring look hoping to distract them from Ciprian's potential attack.

Ciprian Tremas
Z's Account

Post by Ciprian Tremas »

"I'm a knight Nuij," was all he had time to say. The remaining goblin lord turned his attention to Ciprian. Cip was ready. He held his shield in front of him and charged the goblin lord.

Scars heal, glory fades
'Cause the chicks dig it

CrimsonJustice

Post by CrimsonJustice »

"Just don't get yourself killed, I was wrong thinking I had nothing to lose now. I'll be ok I just need to rest, just be careful please." With that she sheathed her sword with her good arm and relaxed her body, the tension that it had been filled with now seemed like a relaxed calm. Trying not to fall asleep she lay there helpless as Ciprian finished the fight, knowing now she was going to live. Focusing on keeping all of her remaining strength focused on survival she tore out the arrow from her shoulder unsuccessfully, only breaking it off at the point it buried itself to.

Ciprian Tremas
Z's Account

Post by Ciprian Tremas »

The goblin assumed Ciprian would just run on, so just before Cip would have hit him, the goblin stepped aside. Ciprian, however, was anticipating a dodge, so he spun in mid stride and slashed at the goblin. He barely missed as the goblin lord leaned back. It was a quick a duel, Ciprian matched the goblin lord for skill and finally rammed his blade through the beast's shoddy armor and stomach.

At that moment, another goblin took advantage of Ciprian's distraction and charged him. It's blade slipped beneath his armor plate and ripped across his stomach. "Augh!" Ciprian gasped and brought up his elbow and hit his attacker in the face and knocked it back. The goblin fell back and scurried away. Their leaders had fallen and nothing was there to hold them together. They were nothing without the goblin lords. The warriors around them started backing off and disappearing into the woods.

Scars heal, glory fades
'Cause the chicks dig it

CrimsonJustice

Post by CrimsonJustice »

Seeing the goblins retreat she let a few tears fall as she spoke to the sky, as if she knew they were listening. "I did my best, but now even the house is gone. All I can do is continue to fight and live, forgive me father as I feel like I have not done enough to avenge your memory."

Ciprian Tremas
Z's Account

Post by Ciprian Tremas »

Ciprian fell to his knees, resting on his sword that was still impaled in the goblin lord. On shaky legs, he stood and pulled his sword from the carcass. He used it as a cane while he staggered down to where Nuij lay. "You're a foolish girl," he spat in painful frustration. "I'm a bloody knight for Falis' sake. This is my job. You would have died just now if I didn't follow you."

Scars heal, glory fades
'Cause the chicks dig it

CrimsonJustice

Post by CrimsonJustice »

"Foolish or nothing to lose, you don't know what this loss meant to me. First those fiends take my parents and my freedom, now goblins take the only true home I ever had… My past is gone Cip, it is now all in ashes except for my fathers sword which I carry and use in his memory. They had a demon with them, the fact they enlisted help from demons made it even more personal to me… If you knew why then you'd understand, it's like facing the past all over again. Right now though we will need to get to shelter, this place is no longer safe." She still had the finger bones from the demon, knowing that they would adorn her body like the belt buckle from a previous kill. Though this time they were going to become earrings, each one bearing the demonic glyph of strength.

Ciprian Tremas
Z's Account

Post by Ciprian Tremas »

With great effort, Ciprian knelt beside Nuij, using his sword for support. He reached down and tipped up her chin to look at him. "Nuij, why are you living in the past? I don't know what you've been through, but I can tell you that you can't throw away your life because of the past. Not when there is a future for you. Let's go back." Ciprian slipped his arm under her waist and pulled her up with him.

Scars heal, glory fades
'Cause the chicks dig it

CrimsonJustice

Post by CrimsonJustice »

Nuij looked at him and nodded in agreement, her past was something she still struggled with and had a lot still to make up for. Moving as best she could she finally replied as they got halfway there, her voice sounding tired and pained. "I know that, something in your words makes me imagine what the future holds for me. My father himself was once a knight of Flaim, a great man who gave his life so that something could carry on. There is still a chance for me to redeem my family name, until it is not redeemed I will not bear it. At least the people are safe, but now where do they go?"

She had a hidden look in her eyes as she spoke, this knight had caught her eye just like her father had caught the eye of her mother. She didn't know what it was about him, though when he was near she felt like nothing could truly harm her. For now she had to focus on the situation at hand, her home was gone but a house could be replaced and she knew all of the herbal mixtures off by heart. "Is Cian ok? For someone who tried to steal from either one of us in the start he proved his worth here. Something about him tells me that he is only trying to find his own answers, perhaps with the right help he can."

Ciprian Tremas
Z's Account

Post by Ciprian Tremas »

Ciprian managed a small smile, then went back to wincing in pain. Using his sword as a cane, Ciprian and Nuij slowly made their way back to the village. "I'm glad you're understanding Nuij," he told her in a pained voice. Come on, I can make it. Just one foot in front of the other. "I hope Cian is fine, I left him with the priest. The only thing they can't heal is his exhaustion."

The goblins had mostly disappeared once the word of their leaders' death reached them. Ciprian and Nuij were not attacked, the only goblins they saw were retreating.

Scars heal, glory fades
'Cause the chicks dig it

singularityman

Post by singularityman »

Cian lay on the pallet the priests had placed him on, twice he'd been offered some food and water and twice he'd refused. Fighting against resting, he'd stared at the village. His only thoughts were focused on Cip and Nuij, he was worried. In his current condition he knew there was little he could do, but he so desperately wanted to do something. Then he noticed one of the priests with a bowl of something looking down at him sternly.

"Now boy, I've heard you've refused to eat twice. I can understand that you're upset over your friends, but you won't do them any good with that attitude. So unless you want me to feed you like a baby or perhaps have one of the women feed you? I suggest you eat!!"

Cian gave the priest a hard stare for a moment then took the bowl and began to eat, his stomach had been grumbling. Looking back at the village he could only wonder as his heart filled with worry.
Singularityman Says

Cian Tremas (Cian's Quest) - Profile - Gallery
Lanir (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Phaeton Sky-Eyes (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Thangroth Broadarm (Trials of the Half-Elven) - Profile - Gallery

Return to “Defending Silver Creek”