The Tailor

A group of mismatched adventurers are conscripted into the defense forces of a Mossian village.
nmnmrm

Re: The Tailor

Post by nmnmrm »

Smolgar took off some of the packages so they could see Jetly. "It's better now" he replied. Smolgar remained quiet while he looked around, it seemed Jetly was a pretty good tailor.

Alera Tai'var

Post by Alera Tai'var »

"Thank you greatly, friend," he said, grinning. The master tailor led them down the hall to storage. "You wouldn't believe the prices on the materials I bought today! It was practically a steal!" he declared with a grin.
I'm OCD for EKD!

Carianna Mareleth (Cian's Quest) - Profile - Gallery
Grennith (New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Itoya* (New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Jeren Octavian Aldener (Search for Nat) - Profile - Gallery
Jleslie "Rose" Seif (A New Balance) - Profile - Gallery
Orion* (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Rone Kalmaine (Vampire Hunt) - Profile - Gallery
Desmond "Rory" D'Angelline (Adventures in Lodoss) - Profile - Gallery
Terelyn "Crimson Corsair" Tai'var (Building an Empire at Sea) - Profile - Gallery
Veriss Trelem (Liberation of Ales) - Profile - Gallery
Yrsanne* (Hunt for Kiran) - Profile - Gallery
Zylanthian Baratoice (Lost Humanity) - Profile - Gallery

nmnmrm

Post by nmnmrm »

Smolgar listened to Jetly as he spoke. "Yes?" he replied; he didn't have a lot to say about the things Jeltly told him. "And... have you seen Terelyn?" he asked Jetly.

Alera Tai'var

Post by Alera Tai'var »

"She is either in her room or in town. If you didn't see her leave, that doesn't mean she isn't gone. She is a resourceful girl. Probably went out the window if so. She did that to me last year." Jetly took the bags from Smolgar and placed them on shelves in the storage space. The tailor closed the door and locked it. "Anything else before I start on the wedding dress for the mayor's cousin?"
I'm OCD for EKD!

Terelyn "Crimson Corsair" Tai'var (Building an Empire at Sea) - Profile - Gallery

nmnmrm

Post by nmnmrm »

"No, thanks" Smolgar replied to Jetly. "We'll go look for her..." he added. It was, of course, better to start searching her room. I hope she's not outside... was Smolgar's only thought about the situation.

Alera Tai'var

Post by Alera Tai'var »

"If she left, good luck finding her. She knows this town like the back of her hand..."
I'm OCD for EKD!

Zaole
Z's Account

Post by Zaole »

Zaole had helped Jetly with the boxes and followed him downstairs where she set down her load of boxes. Smolgar spoke first, so she silently waited for him and Jetly to finish speaking.

nmnmrm

Post by nmnmrm »

Smolgar remained silent for a while, then he said "Thanks." It was going to be hard finding her outside Jetly's house, Smolgar didn't know anyone or anything in the town and Jetly was busy. He looked at Zaole. "So? Shall we go look for her?" he asked her.

Zaole
Z's Account

Post by Zaole »

Zaole shook her head in response. "I have my own business with Master Jetly," she replied. "You may search for her on your own if you wish."

Zaole turned her attention back to the tailor. "I am in need of new clothing. Terelyn said you would provide them, is that so?" she asked Jetly rather abruptly.

Alera Tai'var

Post by Alera Tai'var »

"Oh! Yes!" Jetly said, looking around suddenly. "I didn't forget, of course... I Uhh.... Got this material here... just for you!" he declared. Jetly was lying. He completely forgot. But a businessman says only what pleases the customer. Lucky enough for him, the color of Zaole's clothes nearly matched that of what he yanked out of the nearest box. It was a fine travelling cloth that looked like it would last. "This should do fine for you... It accents your eyes!" he declared, pushing her out of the storage room lightly. "Now then... What kind of outfit were you looking for?"
I'm OCD for EKD!

Zaole
Z's Account

Post by Zaole »

Zaole raised her brow at Jetly trying to cover up his mistake. With the rush he was in, had he forgotten? If so, it was nothing to worry himself over so. Zaole pretended not to notice. "I...am not certain of the fashions of your land, but I need something to travel in. Probably pants and a tunic of some sort, preferrably of a color to blend in with the land," Zaole looked over the boxes and noticed a swatch of yellow-green cotton poking out. "Perhaps that green," she said and pointed to it. "A darker cloak would be well too, maybe of this," Zaole looked at the bronze colored cloth he offered, then looked up at him. "And do you know any shoemakers?"

Alera Tai'var

Post by Alera Tai'var »

"I suppose then... Ahh! I know exactly how to fix your clothes problem. I may even be able to encorporate your old clothes into the design, if you so please. Please... follow me!" he declared, the materials Zaole chose under his arm. He hurried into the main room and opened up a desk. He pulled out a design of travelling clothes a tiny bit different from the normal styles. "I was going to wait to release this exlusively for the wilderness nobles... However, you seem much more deserving of it. What do you think?" he asked, holding the paper to it. Before Zaole could take it, he yanked it back. "Wait a moment. If you want to encorporate your old outfit in, we just... sketch this... over this... and there you are!" he held the paper out again.
I'm OCD for EKD!

Zaole
Z's Account

Post by Zaole »

Zaole looked over the sketch appraisingly and grinned. "It would be perfect," she replied. "Thank you, Master Jetly." Zaole gave a short bow, then straightened and looked at him uncertainly. "Do you need measurements?"

Alera Tai'var

Post by Alera Tai'var »

"I think... I would say... Tiren!" he called to his apprentice, who was working behind the counter, serving someone who had strolled in early. He excused himself and hurried over to Jetly. "Yes master Jetly?" he said, being respectful as he was taught.

"Take measurements like you would die if you got them wrong," Jetly ordered. "He needs experience. Let him try..." Jetly muttered. It wasn't so much to teach him as to make sure he didn't push away the customer who came in. He wanted to make sure that man did not leave without ordering, purchasing, or making some sort of appointment for a fitting.

While Jetly conversed in his charming manner with the walk through customer, Tiren pulled the rope measurer from around his neck and began measuring in what appeared to be his own form of measurement. He continuously requested strange positions from Zaole to get measurements. Each time he got one, he etched a numer on a peice of paper. He would constantly look Zaole up and down, as if he was eyeing her body. After what seemed like an hour of measuring in more places than most people thought would be measured, he declared that he was done and that she could relax.

He approached his master, who was visibly annoyed that all his business tecniques failed to earn him a cent off the man. They conversed quietly, then Tiren walked into the back room. Jetly approached Zaole.

"Tiren is going to get the base down on your outfit. It won't be ready for a while. You are welcome to stay if you like, but it is a beautiful day. I'm sure an... err you can appreciate a beautiful day..." he said. He damned himself for nearly making a racist comment. "Terelyn has hopped out the window, I suppose. She shouldn't be hard to find if you wish to hunt her down in her own habitat," he said in a joking tone. "However, I have work to do. So I must leave you to your own devices."
I'm OCD for EKD!

Zaole
Z's Account

Post by Zaole »

Zaole wasn't sure if she should have felt violated or not by the apprentice tailor's measuring, but either way, she wanted to be out of the building. "Thank you, master Jetly, and Tiren," she bowed her head to both, then put her abaya back on. "I will return later," she said and, with another bow, swiftly walked out of the building.

Now she had to find a pair of boots, so she would now have to track down a shoemaker. Once that business was taken care of, she could find Smolgar and Terelyn, if they didn't find her first.

Return to “Moss: A Village in Need”