On the Road... (Archive Repost)

Rescued from a life of thieving and slavery, a boy is offered a second chance at life as the squire of a knight, but first, he must confront the man who forced him into a life of crime.
On indefinite hiatus
Ciprian Tremas
Z's Account

Re: On the Road... (Archive Repost)

Post by Ciprian Tremas »

Ciprian stopped in mid-stride as Carianna handled the bandit she dueled ran off. The final one, who had been intent on attacking Cip, was long gone. Kylia emerged from the trees along the road with the sniper. So, the fight was over. Ciprian was relieved, but the two that got away could report back to Emir.

"We'll interrogate him, and the other one," Ciprian said, jerking his thumb toward the one he near mortally wounded. "I think they were after Cian again."

The knight turned back to his elven benefactor and offered her a charming grin. He bowed, wincing as he was painfully reminded of the gash in his side. "I am Holy Knight of Valis, Ciprian Tremas," Ciprian introduced himself. As he stood, he placed his hand on the wound. The blood was seeping into his white shirt, spreading outwards into the material.
Ciprian Tremas (Cian's Quest) - Profile - Gallery

Scars heal, glory fades
And all we're left with are the memories made
Pain hurts, but only for a minute
Life is short so go on and live it
'Cause the chicks dig it

singularityman

Post by singularityman »

((OOC: Wow!! Everybody sure kicked bandit butt. Well done indeed. Hmm not much for the boy to do but go on as usual as it were.))

Cian stayed next to Ciprian as the knight fought against two attackers, they were definitely trying to get to him. The young boy reached into the usual place where he kept daggers and remembered he was a squire now, he had to obey his knight. Still, he couldn't sit helplessly and watch two men on the person who'd taken him in and for all intents and purposes was a brother to him. A brother in spirit if not by blood.

The boy readied his weapons waiting for an opportunity to strike or even throw a dagger, but they were too close to Cip, a miss could mean he'd hit his friend. Then something strange happened, one bandit found himself flying backwards through the air and without warning a girl stood there....not just a girl but an elf. She was unlike Kylia and the shock of the girl's sudden appearance took the boy off guard so suddenly he litterally staggered back.

The child's surprise the attack was over quickly and the dark elf stepped from the woods carrying the man whom, Cian supposed was the sniper. He was relieved that she was okay, a feeling of ease came over him briefly as he'd never admit it. But he rather liked the dark elf and was loathe to see her hurt. Cian's feelings of relief soon changed to those of dread when he noticed the wound Cip had gained in the fight.

Stepping over to Ciprian quickly he spoke, "Cip!!! You're hurt...damn...this is..is all my fault. I'm becoming a liability to you... I should've helped out..I should've done something."

Cian wondered if his decision to ever become the knight's squire was a wise one, he liked Cip....he liked all of them. Kylia, Cari and they were fast growing on him... Cip was family and now that same adopted brother had gotten injured protecting him. He felt terrible.....
Singularityman Says

Cian Tremas (Cian's Quest) - Profile - Gallery
Lanir (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Phaeton Sky-Eyes (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Thangroth Broadarm (Trials of the Half-Elven) - Profile - Gallery

Ciprian Tremas
Z's Account

Post by Ciprian Tremas »

OOC: Let's wait for Amalthea...

IC: Ciprian winced as Kylia tended to him with the strong salve, but he showed little more reaction than that. The knight put his hand on his squire's head. "Don't you dare blame yourself, Cian," Ciprian chastised. "I knew the risks when I decided to help you."

The knight turned his attention to the elf maiden who had yet to speak. "Mi'lady?"

Scars heal, glory fades
'Cause the chicks dig it

Aeonireshiva

Post by Aeonireshiva »

"Sorry sir. It is an honor to come to face with someone seen in such great respect." Amalthea responded, bowing. "I hope I didn't startle you all when I came, so I am sorry for such an entrance. I am Amalthea, elven shamaness from the Forest of Mirrors. I have not been on my journey long, so you are the first adventurers I have encountered." she explained.

It wasn't until then that Amalthea had noticed the wound. "I am glad that you have a healer within your party, for that wound looks bad. I'm sorry if I caused it, for maybe if hadn't joined the fight, you would have been more concentrated. I ask for your forgiveness, Ciprian? May I call you that?" Amalthea asked nervously. "Forgive my actions, I am not used to human customs." Amalthea explained.

Alera Tai'var

Post by Alera Tai'var »

Carianna let Kylia do the healing, although, secretly, she wasn't very happy about it. Unlike the others, she could not commit to serious battle. If she was not there, there would be little they would miss. That's the way it looked to her. But Carianna brushed that from her mind. She knew she had skills to offer and a salve couldn't match up to healing magic, if the need was great. Besides, she could save them countless conflicts.

To the elf, Carianna wasn't sure how to react. She had never even met one before. The most she knew were a few dwarves. As you don't know human customs, the priestess thought, I don't know elven ones. I should probably just stay back for now...
I'm OCD for EKD!

Carianna Mareleth (Cian's Quest) - Profile - Gallery
Grennith (New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Itoya* (New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Jeren Octavian Aldener (Search for Nat) - Profile - Gallery
Jleslie "Rose" Seif (A New Balance) - Profile - Gallery
Orion* (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Rone Kalmaine (Vampire Hunt) - Profile - Gallery
Desmond "Rory" D'Angelline (Adventures in Lodoss) - Profile - Gallery
Terelyn "Crimson Corsair" Tai'var (Building an Empire at Sea) - Profile - Gallery
Veriss Trelem (Liberation of Ales) - Profile - Gallery
Yrsanne* (Hunt for Kiran) - Profile - Gallery
Zylanthian Baratoice (Lost Humanity) - Profile - Gallery

CrimsonJustice

Post by CrimsonJustice »

Kylia finished up with Ciprians wound and looked to Amalthea, she was more than just a healer though. She turned to the bandit and patched him up, she would have felt better if Carianna took care of him.

"I'm only really able to give limited healing, though I do what I can. How are you feeling now Ciprian, does the wound still hurt at all? Tis an honor to meet you Amalthea, I am actually an apothecary and merchant."

She replied to the shamaness, and then to ciprian in turn. Now they had to wait for both men to recover, at least enough so they could be questioned. Heading over to the unconcious bandit, she tied his hands and feet before waving smelling salts under his nose.

"Wake up, we have some questions for you..." She spoke with a stern look on here face, if they were sent by Emir then Jeriah had a partner.
Daulag Udaar (Bastion's Demons) - Profile - Gallery
Jereidon Thappis (Search for the Stormlord/Quest for Neria) - Profile - Gallery
Kylia Stormshadow aka Nuij Velg'larn (Cian's Quest) - Profile - Gallery
Nakira Tan'kari (Vampire Hunt) - Profile - Gallery
Rylan (The Golden Egg) - Profile - Gallery
Thiana (Hunt for Kiran) - Profile - Gallery
Tornalin "Bloodscar" Stoneshard (Building an Empire at Sea) - Profile - Gallery
Ultarik Grimeye (New Marmo Republic/A New Balance) - Profile - Gallery

Ciprian Tremas
Z's Account

Post by Ciprian Tremas »

OOC: Rich, you gotta stop trying to cram so much in one post. When you ask a character a question, you need to wait for a reply, not walk away and start doing other stuff.

IC: "Don't worry, miss, I was wounded before you arrived," Ciprian replied, wincing as Kylia administered to the gash. He would have replied to her, but she didn't allow him to get a word in edgewise before walking away. "I am sorry to bring you into this mess. My squire, Cian, has a lot of enemies for a fourteen year old, I'm afraid. We're trying to solve this problem," Ciprian explained to Amalthea.

Scars heal, glory fades
'Cause the chicks dig it

Mana Link

Post by Mana Link »

One of the wounded bandits, the one run through sat up with a jolt. His stomach hurt like hell, mostly due to the sword wound, the rest due to his constant hunger. "Hey, I'll talk if someone will get to healing my wound." He grunted. The pain was almost unbearable, but he had to stay conscious. "I have no allegience to the guy who hired me anyways, I never got paid." Xian sighed as he put pressure on the wound to stop the bleeding somewhat. This is so typical...every freaking time I get a job, some damn thing goes wrong and I end up shafted and falling into debt again...
100% dyed in the cloth Otaku

Air Telany (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Alm (Kidnapped Princess/New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Almelchaya Al Elazuur (Lost Humanity) - Profile - Gallery
Elainne Zal Bessur (Lost Humanity) - Profile - Gallery
Geo El Orin (Liberation of Ales) - Profile - Gallery
J. "Jet" Alastair Silverstein (Kidnapped Princess/New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Krhea Fal (Bastion's Demons) - Profile - Gallery
Laies Il Luminous (Vampire Hunt) - Profile - Gallery
Malak "Crimson Shrike" Erstwiel (Building an Empire at Sea) - Profile - Gallery
Mica Lorelai (Hunt for Kiran) - Profile - Gallery
Midau (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Wilhelm "Minstral" Mard (The Golden Egg) - Profile - Gallery
Xian (Cian's Quest) - Profile - Gallery

CrimsonJustice

Post by CrimsonJustice »

Kylia looked over to Xian, she wanted to do more but she was not a priestess. Looking to Carianna, and then back Xian she replied to him.

"I did all that I could, though we do have a priestess who can do more. She's over there, I'll get her attention for you."

She then looked over to Carianna a for a second, as if she was hoping the priestess would help. It would save them the trouble, getting them the required information and maybe a new ally.

"He's in your hands now, we could use what information he has to offer. I can only do so much, I wish I could have done more."

She spoke so they both could hear, the now concious bandit was staying silent. She did not want to harm him any further, after all the poison she used to knock him out was still in his veins. Despite this predicament, she was out of anti-toxins as well.
Daulag Udaar (Bastion's Demons) - Profile - Gallery
Jereidon Thappis (Search for the Stormlord/Quest for Neria) - Profile - Gallery
Kylia Stormshadow aka Nuij Velg'larn (Cian's Quest) - Profile - Gallery
Nakira Tan'kari (Vampire Hunt) - Profile - Gallery
Rylan (The Golden Egg) - Profile - Gallery
Thiana (Hunt for Kiran) - Profile - Gallery
Tornalin "Bloodscar" Stoneshard (Building an Empire at Sea) - Profile - Gallery
Ultarik Grimeye (New Marmo Republic/A New Balance) - Profile - Gallery

Alera Tai'var

Post by Alera Tai'var »

"Say no more," Carianna said to the bandit. "Relax and let me take care of it..." Carianna knelt before him and held out her hands to the wound. "Holy Rada, great God of Wisdom, give the gift of kindness on this misguided soul..." Traditional white light fell from her hands, moving over his side. The light consumed the wound, stopping the bleeding. The pain dulled, then disappeared. "You should be alright..."
I'm OCD for EKD!

Carianna Mareleth (Cian's Quest) - Profile - Gallery
Grennith (New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Itoya* (New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Jeren Octavian Aldener (Search for Nat) - Profile - Gallery
Jleslie "Rose" Seif (A New Balance) - Profile - Gallery
Orion* (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Rone Kalmaine (Vampire Hunt) - Profile - Gallery
Desmond "Rory" D'Angelline (Adventures in Lodoss) - Profile - Gallery
Terelyn "Crimson Corsair" Tai'var (Building an Empire at Sea) - Profile - Gallery
Veriss Trelem (Liberation of Ales) - Profile - Gallery
Yrsanne* (Hunt for Kiran) - Profile - Gallery
Zylanthian Baratoice (Lost Humanity) - Profile - Gallery

Mana Link

Post by Mana Link »

Xian poked where the wound should have been. "Damn, that's the first time I've ever seen priestly magic. Thank you Priestess." He gave her a polite nod and looked between Kylia and the knight. "Well, see I was hired by that guy," he pointed to the sniper earnestly, "to capture a child known as Cian. I thought it was a joke at first, getting paid gold for capturing a child. But that guy seemed to be serious, and I was getting desperate for money again...so I signed on. Damn foolish of me, I thought the kid might be alone, but then again, why would he enlist the help of all these others?" His stomach made a discomforting sound of hunger. "Ahh...well, you'll excuse him, he's mighty moody most of the time. Ahem, regardless, I guess greed motivated me, well, I'd like to think that greed motivated me, except that I'm not necessarily greedy if it was just me. I mean, I've really got no home, got no money, hell, even my backpack is empty. I work for the mercenary's guild, pay my dues, pay the inn where I live, and then, with what little I have left, I try to get by until my next job." His stomach again interupted, gurgling loudly. "Shaddup would ya!" He yelled at his stomach. "Anyways, that's all the information I can give you at this point, but I'm sure he could tell you more." He rose to his feet unsteadily. "Well, if you'll excuse me, I gotta get back to my debt and try to work it off. Perhaps the innkeeper has some work that I could do." He moved over to his sword and picked it up. "Can't forget you, now can I partner?"

J. "Jet" Alastair Silverstein (Kidnapped Princess/New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery

singularityman

Post by singularityman »

Cian listened to the fellow speak after Carianna healed him and the boy felt a hot flash of anger when the term "child" was used and he spoke a bit angrily, "I'm no child!! I..um...sorry Cip..I apologize."

The boy gave Xian a brief look of anger, but shook his head then stepped over to Kylia and spoke to her. "Kylia? Thanks for healing Cip...I..I wanted to thank you for helping to save me. We should talk sometime, when all this is over. You're a silencer, I was once a thief I've so much to ask..um that's if..it's okay with you of course."

The boy turned to walk away then rushed back over hugging the half dark elf unexpectedly, the boy's embrace was brief but he spoke. "Th..thank you. I couldn't help Cip but you did...and you're safe too..." He let go of the demon hunter and wiped his eyes once again putting on the face and manner of a tough kid. "Sorry...lost discipline there for a moment it. It won't happen again."

He'd never admit he was worried about her when she dashed off into the woods after the sniper, Emir had taken everyone from him. He didn't want to loose anyone else. Not Cip, Cari or Kylia.
Singularityman Says

Mana Link

Post by Mana Link »

Retrieving his sword Xian sheathed it. He looked over to see Cian's emotional outburst and smiled. "Damn." He grunted with a smile on his face. He walked over towards Cian past Ciprian and the priestess. He stopped short and grabbed the sniper by the shirt and shook him violently. "Hey, tell you what." He put his broad face against the sniper's. "You start talking or I start planting you into the ground. I may not be a good soldier, or even a good swordsman, but I can put a fence post into the ground with my bare hands, no pre-dug hole required." The muscular farm boy gave a broad grin.

singularityman

Post by singularityman »

Galrath blinked slightly he felt sore, and jetting shards of pain ran up his neck to the back of his head where the half elf wench had struck him. Everything happened so fast he'd seen her coming only at the last instant just before she struck.

The hired killer spat on the ground and looked up at Xian balefully when he began threatening him. Deciding not to waste time he spoke in a voice calm as still waters. "Yer threats don't mean nothing to me. I've been tortured by the best...Keshian night blades in theWildlands. You were hired to do a job, but since you've thrown your lot in with these people.. count yourself fired and a dead man. There are a lot more out there more than you'll ever see. Despite yer magics and yer elf will keep the boy from us. Numbers fool...we've got numbers..and we're damn patient."

Cian listned intently then stepped foward and spoke. "You can be persuaded you know."

Garath threw back his head and laughed then spoke, "By you boy?!! HA!! Don't make me laugh. Up to now you've been lucky, if you'd come along maybe we'd have lost you. But now.. heh.."
Singularityman Says

Mana Link

Post by Mana Link »

Persuade to talk? I can so do that!! Xian, with a big grin on his face grabbed the man squarely by his shoulder. Not letting anyone guess as to what came next, Xian crushed his hamfisted fingers into the man's shoulder and tore the whole arm clean off. Severed arm in hand, Xian continued with his large grin. "We can talk now, or I can go for the legs next..."

Return to “RPG: Cian's Quest”