Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Archives » Age of Valor RPGs » RPG Plots » RPG: The Golden Egg

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Dragon's Roost Inn: Morning (Archive Repost)
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:57 pm 
Z's Account

Z wrote:
To save all our history for posterity, and boost members' post counts, I'm reposting old threads from the yahoo group and old forum. It may be a long and tedious task, but hopefully it'll be done and we can find all our history in one place!

Aiden woke to an incessant knocking on his door. "C'mon guys! We have things to do today!" Naclia's voice came muffled from the other side.

Aiden grumbled to himself, being woken out of a nice dream involving some of the lovely human barmaids he'd met. {Yeah, yeah, I'm up!} Aiden replied in elven instinctively and slowly climbed out of bed.

OOC: Tags to people....sorry for making you all wait so long.

"If I told you that you had a great body, would you hold it against me?"

Post subject: Re: Dragon's Roost Inn: Morning (Archive Repost)
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:27 pm 

Talens eyes opened slowly to the knocking on the door. "Morning already?" He thought to himself and lifted himself up into a sitting position, rubbing his eyes for a moment before getting out of bed and giving a long stretch with a yawn.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:27 pm 
Z's Account

Aiden stood and stretched along with Talen. "Well, looks like you get to show us around today, and get to know 'clia better," Aiden reminded Talen. The elf dressed in the outer articles of clothes he'd taken off to sleep more comfortably. He was looking forward to exploring Dragon Breath today, but he kept his excitement contained, unlike Naclia who was probably waiting right outside their door.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:28 pm 

Talen turned and nodded to Aiden, a small smile playing across his lips. "Yeah todays going to be certainly an interesting day." he said scratching the back of his head a bit nervously. Indeed he knew he was going to enjoy showing them around, and Aiden did have a point, he was going to get to know Naclia better through this. "Well ill do my best to show you around Dragon Breath." he said and begun to put back on his own clothing.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:46 am 

Eliamn got out of the room she and Naclia had spent the night in, stuffing an ornate hairbrush in her travelling pack before joining the latter besides the door.

The blonde shamaness had a fitful rest, but she had still risen before dawn out of habit. Thus wide awake, she quickly took notice of the bustle of activity going on the lower level of the inn.

"What's that greasy smell?" Eli asked Naclia in a hushed whisper as she patted the latter's brown braids, smoothing them out. "They don't eat meat in the morning, do they?"

Z's Account

Naclia turned back to Eliamn. "Oh, probably," she replied. It was quite obvious she was anxious to get out. "It smells like it." Naclia cast a glanced toward the door and her ear perked up a bit, trying to listen to what was going on. It sounded like they were both out of bed and preparing.

Z's Account

Aiden wrapped his cloak around his shoulders, then picked up his pack. "Are you ready? I'm sure Naclia's bouncing in anticipation on the other side of the door," Aiden glanced to Talen as the knight finished dressing.

Talen finished dressing, making sure everything was in its place before turning to Aiden and nodding. "Yeah, im set. Today is certainly going to be interesting." he said and turned, walking to the door and opening it, seeing Naclia and Eliamn on the other side. "Well are you ready Naclia?" he asked her, smiling softly.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:47 am 
Z's Account

Naclia grinned as she saw Talen and Aiden dressed and ready. "Almost, we should eat first though," she suggested. Turning back to Eliamn, she asked, "Do you want to go somewhere else if the smell's bothering you?"

Post Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:51 am 

Eliamn shook her head. "No, I'll get used to it." she secured her travelling pack over her shoulders, devoutly hoping she ~would~ get over it and get past the nausea she was starting to feel.

The close, stifling smells made her feel claustrophobic, but she was determined not to become a liability, despite Naclia's kind suggestion. If Aiden and Naclia could take it, so could she.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:51 am 

Talen gave one last stretch before heading out the door, soon hearing Naclias suggestion. "Hmm eating first would be a good idea."

(OOC: Sorry for not posting in awhile, getting access to a comp is getting a bit difficult these days, ill try to post as much as i can when i can)

Post Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:53 am 
Z's Account

"We certainly can't go out on an empty stomach," Aiden added.

Naclia nodded to Eliamn, though she could tell the other elf was uncomfortable. The ranger turned and led them all downstairs to the common room. She actually found the smell somewhat appetizing, though the warmth only made the room seem much smaller. Luckily, there weren't nearly as many patrons in the morning. Light streamed in through the front windows, almost equalizing the enclosing warmth to make the room slightly more comfortable for the elves.

Naclia returned to the table they had sat at the night before, with no other reason besides the fact it was familiar. Aiden took a seat beside her, then scanned the room for a barmaid. Almost immediantly, one of the girls found him as he saw her. As Eliamn and Talen took their seats, she reached their table.

"Would you like our breakfast? Anything to drink?" the maid asked, trading flirtatious glances with Aiden as she did.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:54 am 

Minstrels sang of epic deeds, of terrible monsters and of villainous foes vainquished. Eliamn had heard many of them n the last decades, but none of them seemed to quite put into perspective the hardships adventurers had to go through.

The common room of the Dragon Roost's was the first real challenge the outside world presented her. Eliamn had a hard time imagining how she could feel any more miserable as it was. Hiking, horseback riding and sleeping under the stars seemed nowhere nearly as dreadful as spending a minute more in the people laden room.

The elven shamaness followed her companions down to the table, glassy-eyed as she tried to reason away her dawning phobia of enclosed place and crowds. She never had a problem with elven dwelling and the Mirror Forest wasn't nearly as populated as Dragon Breath was, so there was cause for her seeing this as so alien...

...but then, Naclia and Aiden weren't showing much discomfort at all. That pushed out any excuses except for a flaw in her character, she concluded. She resolved not to hinder her companions and embarass herself by keeping her discomfort in and withdrew into herself, trying to keep the greasy smells at bay with memories of her mother's home-cooked honey bread.

When the waitress came up to ask for their order, she intruded into Eliamn's little mind bubble. With a start, she realized she was holding her breath in but quickly recovered by being the first to order.

"I'll have some lamhirh bread with some raspberry jam and a glass of water please." she declared before thinking about it.

"Lamhirh bread?"

Eli inwardly kicked herself. Of course the human waitress wouldn't know! Cursing the unexpected bout of homesickness, she replied : "Forgive me. Some sliced fruit if you have any."

Post Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:57 am 
Z's Account

OOC: I'm just going to jump forward. I'm gonna control Talen for this post.

IC: After a quick breakfast, the elves and their knight companion went out to the stables to fetch Tiash and Talen's horse. Once outside, Naclia couldn't help but stretch after feeling confined in the inn.

Aiden retrieved his stallion from his stall. Tiash pranced out flambouyantly, tossing his silver mane and shaking his coat. He was not fond of confinement, like his elven companions. Aiden stroked the gray's neck and then let him wander freely through the stableyard. Tiash went to Naclia and Eliamn and greeted them by sniffing the elf maids's hair. Naclia giggled and stroked the stallion's dappled coat.

Talen's horse was a chestnut warhorse mare, who was much more subdued and quite used to stables. He led his horse back to the elves, but stared at Tiash in wonder. The elf bred stallion was one of the most beautiful horses he'd ever seen. His mare, Seinna, gave a snort of what he assumed was jealousy.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:58 am 

Eliamn looked at Talen as she absently petted Tiash. "Sir Knight, shall we get underway?" she looked at her companions and then back at the human. "Moss is the homeland of the often talked Dragon Riders. Do you think we might take a look at where they nest?"

And hopefully get away from the bustle of the city, she added silently. Being out of the inn made her feel better, but she was still a far cry from comfortable. Besides, while she didn't share her companions' interest in the human city... she did want to see what dragons were like.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Archives » Age of Valor RPGs » RPG Plots » RPG: The Golden Egg