The Broken Cup Inn: Morning

Two malcontent sons of the dark elf Kiran set out to find him and make him pay for his crimes against their mothers. Meanwhile, Kiran is trying to escape death long enough to meet his youngest son with the dark elf Thiana.
CLOSED
Mana Link

Post by Mana Link »

Mica sighed. "Let's see, out of the four inns I took a peek in, crashing around and whatnot, it seemed like our 'father' didn't stay in any of them. No invisibility spirits present. The other inns that this town has to offer is the Tiger Lily and the Red Brute. I haven't checked those two yet." Mica pulled up his legs into his chest. "...There is another possibility that occurred to me just recently. That woman that I had thrown from the boat...she could have made it here before us. If she found Kiran before us, she would have pleaded him to leave the town with her." Mica grunted and rubbed his temples gently. He was beginning to feel the effects of a hangover. "If that's the case, then he's already gone."
100% dyed in the cloth Otaku

Air Telany (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Alm (Kidnapped Princess/New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Almelchaya Al Elazuur (Lost Humanity) - Profile - Gallery
Elainne Zal Bessur (Lost Humanity) - Profile - Gallery
Geo El Orin (Liberation of Ales) - Profile - Gallery
J. "Jet" Alastair Silverstein (Kidnapped Princess/New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Krhea Fal (Bastion's Demons) - Profile - Gallery
Laies Il Luminous (Vampire Hunt) - Profile - Gallery
Malak "Crimson Shrike" Erstwiel (Building an Empire at Sea) - Profile - Gallery
Mica Lorelai (Hunt for Kiran) - Profile - Gallery
Midau (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Wilhelm "Minstral" Mard (The Golden Egg) - Profile - Gallery
Xian (Cian's Quest) - Profile - Gallery

Adriel
Z's Account

Post by Adriel »

"She may have swam to shore with the help of Undine, but she probably would have swam to the coast, not up river. The length of the river to Shinning Hill would be a much longer walk on land than it was a ride on a boat," Adriel replied. "Besides, how do we even know he is here now? He could be anywhere in Lodoss."
Adriel (Hunt for Kiran) - Profile - Gallery
Sythenra* (Hunt for Kiran) - Profile - Gallery

Mana Link

Post by Mana Link »

Mica nodded. "I dunno. I feel like someone I wanna really hurt is in this town. I figured it'd be him, since the only other person I really really want to hurt is in Raiden last I knew."

J. "Jet" Alastair Silverstein (Kidnapped Princess/New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery

Alera Tai'var

Post by Alera Tai'var »

Yrsanne slung her things from her room onto her shoulder and came down the stairs. She moved down the stairs, her face ready to cut through ice. Mica was a monstrous fool. Uncouth, moronic, and a blunderbuss. He was a liability to them, not an asset. Normally, she would consider cutting him down if something like that began to happen again, but she was not confident that she could take such a brute down. With most foes, stabbing them could bring them to a halt. It might just make Mica mad.

She approached the innkeeper. "Are we set?"

"No," The innkeeper growled. "Not until you people are out of that door!"

"Then consider our business completed," she replied back coldly as she walked through the door to find Mica and Adriel.
I'm OCD for EKD!

Carianna Mareleth (Cian's Quest) - Profile - Gallery
Grennith (New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Itoya* (New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Jeren Octavian Aldener (Search for Nat) - Profile - Gallery
Jleslie "Rose" Seif (A New Balance) - Profile - Gallery
Orion* (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Rone Kalmaine (Vampire Hunt) - Profile - Gallery
Desmond "Rory" D'Angelline (Adventures in Lodoss) - Profile - Gallery
Terelyn "Crimson Corsair" Tai'var (Building an Empire at Sea) - Profile - Gallery
Veriss Trelem (Liberation of Ales) - Profile - Gallery
Yrsanne* (Hunt for Kiran) - Profile - Gallery
Zylanthian Baratoice (Lost Humanity) - Profile - Gallery

Adriel
Z's Account

Post by Adriel »

"Then which inn do we check first?" Adriel asked Mica. He glanced over his shoulder as Yrsanne and Sythenra joined them.

Mana Link

Post by Mana Link »

"Personally, I doubt our 'father' would spend a night in a place called the 'Tiger Lily', so Red Brute seems the most logical." Mica stated. "It's closer to the north end of the town, near a gate so it's good for quick escapes. The Tiger Lily is more westward and a little more central. Again, logic would dictate that if he was on the run from someone, even if he was or wasn't aware of our presence, he'd choose the Red Brute over the Tiger Lily." Mica shrugged. "However, this is all speculation, as I've never met the man nor had anyone tell me what he's really like."

Adriel
Z's Account

Post by Adriel »

"Very well," Adriel replied. "Then let us go to the Red Brute."

OOC: Just lead the way! We'll stick to this thread for now, since it should take very long.

Mana Link

Post by Mana Link »

Mica nodded and lead the way to the Red Brute, avoiding the main streets as much as possible. He hadn't been in town long, but the half-elf had already mapped out the route to take to every inn in the city. He wouldn't be much of an assassin if he hadn't. The only disadvantage to traveling through the alleyways is that they were amongst the most disgusting and vile smelling walkways imaginable. As a red tiled roof came into sight Mica pointed to it. "Kids and women get to cover the front and rear exits, I'll take any rooftop escapes their may be. One of you unlucky individuals gets to go inside and ask if there was a Kiran there."

Adriel
Z's Account

Post by Adriel »

Kids? I'm five years older, Adriel thought disdainfully. Shamefully, he realized how naive he seemed in comparison to Mica. "I will go inside," he volunteered.

Adriel turned and headed down the alley between the inn and it's neighbor, to the main street where The Red Brute Inn's door was. Sythenra silently opted to follow him, so she could watch the entrance as Mica suggested. As the dark elves stepped onto the street, a few passersby gave him wide berth, and some even crossed to the other side to get away from him. There was no open hostility though. Sythenra stopped and leaned against the wall next to the door, while Adriel continued inside.

The patrons of this inn seemed to fit the name. The lot of them did look to be brutes. This seemed to be a favorite inn of mercenaries. None of them seemed pleased to see a dark elf in their midst, especially one as well-groomed as Adriel. Beauty like his only belonged on bar wenches in this establishment. He went for the bar, where the innkeeper--apparently the red brute, as he was a large, muscular man with red hair--was tending his duties.

"Pardon me, I am searching for a dark elf. Perhaps you have seen him?" Adriel inquired, getting as directly to the point as he could manage. "He is around the same height as I, with blond hair, coppery skin, and amber colored eyes. He goes by the name of Kiran. Have you had any such patron recently, or at in point within memory?"

The brute eyed Adriel, debating just what to tell him. "Can't say I ever seen a dark elf like that, but even if I did, wouldn't have let him stay here. Now, you'd better get out 'fore my customers get tempted to smash that pretty skull of yours," the innkeeper replied evenly. "We aren't very fond of the Marmo around here."

"Very well then," Adriel said, slightly irked by the rudeness, and company. "Thank you for your time." He wasn't going to stay any longer and tempt a conflict. So far, their search wasn't turning up much. He was losing hope that Kiran had ever been in Shinning Hill.

He left the inn and returned to where Yrsanne waited at the back door. Mica was already up on the roof.

"There is no sign of him ever having been here," Adriel informed her, then looked up to the roof. "Mica! He was not there."

OOC: Modded Sythenra, hope you don't mind Brian, but I just wanted to get her moved without waiting for something so little.

Mana Link

Post by Mana Link »

Mica grimaced and climbed down from the roofs. "Damn. Then the only other place he could have been staying in would be the Tiger Lily Inn." He scratched at his neck tearing small pieces of skin and dried blood off him. "Shall we head to the last stop?"

Adriel
Z's Account

Post by Adriel »

Adriel nodded in agreement. "Lead on, then, brother," he said to Mica. With Mica leading, the dark elves crossed town to find the Tiger Lily Inn.

OOC: Jump to the other thread: viewtopic.php?t=542

Last bumped by Adriel on Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:03 pm.

Return to “RPG: Hunt for Kiran”