Dangers of the Dark Forest (Archive Repost)

Two malcontent sons of the dark elf Kiran set out to find him and make him pay for his crimes against their mothers. Meanwhile, Kiran is trying to escape death long enough to meet his youngest son with the dark elf Thiana.
CLOSED
Mana Link

Re: Dangers of the Dark Forest (Archive Repost)

Post by Mana Link »

Mica Lorelai, half-dark elf, strode amongst the sylvan shadows of his second home. Shrouded by the spirits of invisibility he hunted his were-wolf target without much problem. The lycanthope, though they possesed augmented senses, could not smell Mica through the forest's dead scent, Mica's advantage over the hunted. The leader, his target, had a company of poorly trained bandits with him. Mica kept quick count in his head. One, two...eight, nine...There were only nine. Though a few were on horseback, due to the density of the woods, they wouldn't be as effective as if they were on the plains, trained or no. Faintly he heard the spirits speak, though he wasn't too keen on listening to them as he hunted. The fact that they started to talk was reason enough for Mica to fall back preemptively.

There's another shaman here. He cursed silently. That'll spell trouble, they'll sense the invisibility spirits. He silently cursed his predicament and decided that his only course of action now was to engage the Harrowing into play. He liked to keep his brutal toy out of minor jobs, but if it came down to it, he would use it. I'll give them a little more time. He thought, keeping a distance of ten feet from the men. Assassination is a game like any other, rash moves will only cause the downfall and a quick end to the game. I want to get paid, not burried.

The leader looked around. "Quiet." He growled. "Here comes our daily bread." The bandits drew their weapons and waited patiently. Mica realized now that he wasn't the only one out to hunt for money. Mica swore again, and purposely broke a branch to catch them off guard, wheeling around silently to where they were just looking. He was going to have to spring his trap sooner than he anticipated, and hopefully, he'd still survive.
100% dyed in the cloth Otaku

Air Telany (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Alm (Kidnapped Princess/New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Almelchaya Al Elazuur (Lost Humanity) - Profile - Gallery
Elainne Zal Bessur (Lost Humanity) - Profile - Gallery
Geo El Orin (Liberation of Ales) - Profile - Gallery
J. "Jet" Alastair Silverstein (Kidnapped Princess/New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Krhea Fal (Bastion's Demons) - Profile - Gallery
Laies Il Luminous (Vampire Hunt) - Profile - Gallery
Malak "Crimson Shrike" Erstwiel (Building an Empire at Sea) - Profile - Gallery
Mica Lorelai (Hunt for Kiran) - Profile - Gallery
Midau (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Wilhelm "Minstral" Mard (The Golden Egg) - Profile - Gallery
Xian (Cian's Quest) - Profile - Gallery

Ferrilonver

Post by Ferrilonver »

Yrsanne was walking near Adriel, when suddenly she heard a man’s voice and snorting of horses. Daily bread?! But there was something even more troubling. {It’s a trap, Adriel. Draw your swords while you still can, because I can sense another shaman here.}, she said to him in elvish. {Remember, Sythenra, werewolves can’t stand fire, I’ll take the shaman myself}, Yrsanne continued. She was worried that he or she was helping the bandits, however she doubted this fact. I hope Sythenra will take care of Adriel… Don’t even waiting for response Yrsanne disappeared in the tops of trees. “Spirits of the Dark, I summon you from the grey twilight…” she jumped to another branch followed with several shadows. Yrsanne stopped quietly and looked down through the foliage. The bandits haven’t noticed her, but she could swear she felt someone’s cold gaze on her skin. Yrsanne was looking directly at Mica; though she didn’t see him she could feel his presence there.
Hetle (A New Balance) - Profile
Iluri Erzih (Vampire Hunt) - Profile
Ursula Rabelor (Building an Empire at Sea) - Profile - Gallery
Yrsanne (Hunt for Kiran) - Profile - Gallery

Mana Link

Post by Mana Link »

Great. Mica thought. Idiot full, blooded cousins that think they can take me out. He sadly looked at the Harrowing. Seems my last ditch effort is going to have to come to this. He slipped the gauntlet on, it's talons biting into his flesh, causing his spell of invisibility to fade. Like a man possessed he charged at the werewolf leader tackling him off the horse. Mica fell on top of the man and rolled off to the side to get to his feet.

The werewolf had other plans, raking Mica's back as he twisted away, the claws of the lycanthrope bit into Mica's side deeply. "You don't know what you're messing with, boy."

Got to keep my cool. I need his head to collect my pay, can't just start blasting everything with spells now that I'm here. That shaman is going to pay though. I'll make it hurt in ways unimaginable to dark elf or human minds could ever concieve.

Mica shot a glare to the trio of dark elves, the people he was trying to save. "{After I kill them all, you're next. Nothing personal, I just don't like people screwing up my jobs.}" He yelled in Elven before decending into the fray, flail and gauntlet at the ready.

J. "Jet" Alastair Silverstein (Kidnapped Princess/New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery

Adriel
Z's Account

Post by Adriel »

OOC: I assumed they've been speaking in elvish for the entire trip so far, btw.

IC: Adriel continued walking with Sythenra while Yrsanne scouted ahead. He kept his cool, remaining aware and collected as he continued on the road. As the bandits came into view, their party was already thrown into chaos. It wasn't Yrsanne, but a tall man fighting hand-to-hand with the large leader of the bandits. Adriel's sharp elven vision revealed that the bandit leader showed some wolfish traits, namely claws, but he was not a fully transformed were-wolf.

Meanwhile, the attacker seemed quite elven in build with long, pale hair contrasting his darker skin, but he didn't have long ears.

The assassin noticed the trio of dark elves, and Adriel was taken aback when he spoke a threat in elven to them. Adriel sneered and kept his distance from the fray. The last thing he wanted to do was help the assassin when it was obvious he didn't want it, but the bandits were in their way.

"{They are in our way,}" Adriel spoke to Sythenra. "{Let's clear the bandits from our path, but leave the leader to his fight.}" Either way, the assassin would probably attack them.

The young dark elf drew both his sabers again, having sheathed them earlier in the hopes of a peaceful passage. The bandits were mostly circling around Mica and their leader, but three spotted Adriel and Sythenra. Adriel darted forward to meet them.

The first of the three swung at the dark elf, but Adriel leapt over the swing, flipped in the air to land on his feet behind the three bandits. With a flurry, his sharp elven blades bit into the back of the nearest bandit, severing his spine.

OOC: Tags to Sy for the other two we're dealing with.
Adriel (Hunt for Kiran) - Profile - Gallery
Sythenra* (Hunt for Kiran) - Profile - Gallery

Laharl

Post by Laharl »

Sythenra made no actual comment and simply nodded when Adriel spoke to her in Elven. Syhenra had her sword drawen and using her Elven speed easily met the other two while at the same time watching Adriel's back just in case if he were to be attacked. The full dark elf female thrusted her sword at the two men, keeping them at bay while watching Adriel knowing full well it was her duty to guard him with her life. Of course, she knew that werwolves were weak vs fire and knew her other friend would do that if it was required. She stood her ground against the two men her sword salming hard against one of their weapons, the elven steel sword moved back and forth as she fought the two using her speed against them.

OOC: don't know if I should kill them lol. :P don't mind do you jess?
Demons and Axes love chicken and waffles. In fact, so do I!

Krisatris (Trials of the Half-Elven) - Profile - Gallery
Lyassa Eanes (The Golden Egg) - Profile - Gallery
Sythenra (Hunt for Kiran) - Profile - Gallery

Mana Link

Post by Mana Link »

Mica rushed the werewolf leader, plowing his gauntleted arm into the man's stomach, but recieved a bite on the shoulder for the rash move. Mica ignored the fanged menace and continued to pummel his opponent's ribcage into submission. "Just die, dammit." Mica swore, as the werewolf dug his claws into Mica's back again. "That's it!" Mica growled and opened his palm into the werewolf's chest. "{Mighty salamander, harken to me. With my fury, my anger, know thy chaste promise to me and mine. Through the Harrowing of darkness I call thee, and take this accursed beast into the bowels of hell.}" The sudden release of magical energy into the werewolf knocked Mica clear of the exploding humanoid. With a quick tuck and roll he was back on his feet, dazed, singed but albeit alive. With a cocky grin on his bloodspattered lips he looked to the rest of the men. "Next?"

Adriel
Z's Account

Post by Adriel »

OOC: Go ahead and finish them off Brian. I'm waiting to see what Yrsanne's been doing before we move on.

Ferrilonver

Post by Ferrilonver »

Yrsanne looked down through the foliage again still standing on the branch. Interesting thing, this Harrowing… Maybe this assassin can be useful to us in search for Kiran, if he cares only about money than we can hire him. Then she looked at Adriel. I wonder how does his father looks like? Yrsanne smiled and jumped off the branch near Sythenra. “{Spirits of the Dark, protect your kin from human steel}”, Yrsanne ordered. She wasn’t going to help Sythenra; she just wanted to make sure that her friend wouldn’t be hurt.

Laharl

Post by Laharl »

OOC: k

IC: Sythenra easily parried the attacks, the thrusted her sword through one of the men. Pulling, her sword out with ease she ducked a slash from the other before kicking him in the chest, then stabbing him as well. After, this was done she had her sword pulled out and noticed Yrsanne up on the trees and waved a thanks to her before cleaning her sword off and looked around for anymore threats.
Demons and Axes love chicken and waffles. In fact, so do I!

Krisatris (Trials of the Half-Elven) - Profile - Gallery
Lyassa Eanes (The Golden Egg) - Profile - Gallery
Sythenra (Hunt for Kiran) - Profile - Gallery

Mana Link

Post by Mana Link »

Between their leader exploding and the dark elves, the bandits knew that they were outmatched and staying any longer would mean their deaths. They fled in no particular order or fashion, running any which way that was not near the dark elves or Mica. When they had left, Mica straightened and pointed his gauntleted hand at the supposed leader. "You there. What the hell were you thinking? Your shaman nearly ruined my career kill." He shook his head without waiting for a response. "Damn dark elves." He sighed. "{I said..Your shaman and you came in at the worst damn time. You nearly ruined my kill.}" he shot in elven.

Adriel
Z's Account

Post by Adriel »

Adriel sheathed his scimitars as the assassin approached him. He wanted to show that he had no intention to fight. The dark elf stood straight and firm, trying to ignore the fact that Mica was half a foot taller than himself. "{You can hardly blame us for traveling on the same road and protecting ourselves,}" Adriel said coolly, a contrast to Mica's fierce tone. "{We knew nothing of your job, and if we interrupted, it was not our intention.}"

Mana Link

Post by Mana Link »

"{You haughty, self-righteous...}" Mica growled a bit. "{I hope to the hells that you are Kiran so I can gut you with a clear conscience.}" Mica's stance reflected his mood: rigid and still seemed to itch for a fight. Mica hoped that this was indeed Kiran so that he could finish off his father to put a good end to a bad day.

Ferrilonver

Post by Ferrilonver »

Yrsanne finally jumped on the ground and came closer to Adriel and Sythenra. She didn’t interrupt Adriel’s conversation and hoped that he could handle this all himself. However Yrsanne didn’t dismiss the dark spirits being suspicious of the half-elf and cold shadows gathered behind her like a big foggy clot.

Adriel
Z's Account

Post by Adriel »

Adriel expression changed from emotionless to surprise when the assassin spoke his father's name. With his blue eyes wide, Adriel spoke, his voice having lost it's coolness, "{Did you say...Kiran?}"

Mana Link

Post by Mana Link »

"{Judging by your shock, I'm guessing you aren't him.}" Mica cursed. "{Damn, I really thought he might have returned so I could give that bastard a good punch to the stomach for the crap I had to endure as a kid because he raped my thirteen year old mother.}" Mica kicked the dirt. "{I'll let you go if you have some information on the bastard. I'll take anything, whether you know his current location or not. I need to hunt him down and flay him for the indignities I suffered...}"

Return to “RPG: Hunt for Kiran”