The Marmo Docks

Two malcontent sons of the dark elf Kiran set out to find him and make him pay for his crimes against their mothers. Meanwhile, Kiran is trying to escape death long enough to meet his youngest son with the dark elf Thiana.
CLOSED
Adriel
Z's Account

Post by Adriel »

OOC: Yrsanne has been rather cold and hardened since you've been playing her. Keep in mind that she is also a beautiful and feminine woman, with a bit of elven playfulness too. Toss a little touch of Jleslie in.

"You can go try and cure him then. If I know anything, it's not to bother a cornered animal though," Sythenra murmured back to Yrsanne, feeling the need to get her last word in there. Turning around and leaning her back against the railing, she regarded the new dark elven woman and her dog. "I'm Sythenra," she said.

While the women spoke, Adriel was a distance away, watching the port they departed. His stomach was feeling a little queasy, but he tried to ignore it. It was probably the anxiety. Glancing toward the sails, he saw that they weren't catching much and moving them along at a leisurely pace. He could fix that. Under his breath, he murmured a spell to Sylph and the breeze picked up enough to move the ship at a faster clip.
Adriel (Hunt for Kiran) - Profile - Gallery
Sythenra* (Hunt for Kiran) - Profile - Gallery

CrimsonJustice

Post by CrimsonJustice »

"Lying to him won't help him conquer that fear," Yrsanne whispered back. For as manly as Mica seemed to be, he seemed to sprout the heart of a squirrel if you put him on a boat. Some warrior he was. People wouldn't travel these distances if it wasn't relatively safe. "Yrsanne," she replied calmly to Thiana. "I am keen. And you?" It was an automatic response. In the wars, if someone asked a dark elf scout how he or she was, the most common response was that they were "keen", to infer that their senses were sharp and thus, were fine. Though, if someone never traveled with dark elf soldiers, one might have never really heard it.

Thiana was confused by her response, Yrsanne's answer was not something she had ever heard before. However she gave a polite nod and then replied, not trying to act ignorant.

"In the years of my travel I have not heard that expression before, what does it mean?"

This also had her curiosity piqued, something new to add to her information gained from travelling.
Daulag Udaar (Bastion's Demons) - Profile - Gallery
Jereidon Thappis (Search for the Stormlord/Quest for Neria) - Profile - Gallery
Kylia Stormshadow aka Nuij Velg'larn (Cian's Quest) - Profile - Gallery
Nakira Tan'kari (Vampire Hunt) - Profile - Gallery
Rylan (The Golden Egg) - Profile - Gallery
Thiana (Hunt for Kiran) - Profile - Gallery
Tornalin "Bloodscar" Stoneshard (Building an Empire at Sea) - Profile - Gallery
Ultarik Grimeye (New Marmo Republic/A New Balance) - Profile - Gallery

Alera Tai'var

Post by Alera Tai'var »

Yrsanne eyed Thiana oddly, looking the woman over for the first time. It hadn't occured to her that someone didn't speak as she did until now. "Dark elven soldiers said it in the last war," she responded as her shoulders relaxed a bit. "Its like saying 'I'm fine'." The dark elf sighed, brushing some of her hair from her face. "It means that our senses are still sharp." Dark elf soldiers were prized for their eyes and ears, so such things became a part of their very identity.

OOC: Sorry about that, but I read that she was an ex soldier and thought it deserved a bit more emphasis.
I'm OCD for EKD!

Carianna Mareleth (Cian's Quest) - Profile - Gallery
Grennith (New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Itoya* (New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Jeren Octavian Aldener (Search for Nat) - Profile - Gallery
Jleslie "Rose" Seif (A New Balance) - Profile - Gallery
Orion* (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Rone Kalmaine (Vampire Hunt) - Profile - Gallery
Desmond "Rory" D'Angelline (Adventures in Lodoss) - Profile - Gallery
Terelyn "Crimson Corsair" Tai'var (Building an Empire at Sea) - Profile - Gallery
Veriss Trelem (Liberation of Ales) - Profile - Gallery
Yrsanne* (Hunt for Kiran) - Profile - Gallery
Zylanthian Baratoice (Lost Humanity) - Profile - Gallery

CrimsonJustice

Post by CrimsonJustice »

Thiana found that quite interesting and worth remembering, knowing this could be useful in her future travels. She still thought more about Kiran though, for her sons sake.

"I'm a bard by trade, I spent the years of the war in the safety of the dark forest. I am looking for the father of my son, I want him to at least see the boy once in their lives. Is he going to be ok, if you could find a way to get him a little settled I could play something to help calm him."

She replied to Yrsanne, her last line spoken after she inidcated to Mica who was on the deck and obviously in great distress.

Alera Tai'var

Post by Alera Tai'var »

"Tough as dragon's hide on land, but put him on a boat and he has the bravery of a squirrel," Yrsanne replied with a sigh. She made sure to say it just loud enough to hear. If his wife couldn't ease his fears, maybe a masculinity check would. "You ought to talk to his wife about that," Yrsanne explained, pointing to Parsley with disinterest. "She could probably use the break anyway."
I'm OCD for EKD!

Terelyn "Crimson Corsair" Tai'var (Building an Empire at Sea) - Profile - Gallery

Adriel
Z's Account

Post by Adriel »

Adriel's queasiness only got worse the further they got from land. Instead of lounging easily over the rail, the dark elf was leaning on it heavily for support. His dark chocolate skin had taken on a sickly greenish tint and his legs were wobbly. Finally, his stomach had enough. The normally composed young dark elf aristocrat coughed and heaved and vomited what little he had of Parsley's cooking over the side of the ship.

CrimsonJustice

Post by CrimsonJustice »

"Sea travel can be rough on some, I have not seed somebody so terrified of it before in my life. Perhaps I will speak with his wife, some music will make this journey pass smoother for all I think."

Thiana replied with as she noted where Parsley was, it seemed like they were all travelling as a group. Maybe they knew something, and could aid in her search.

"I'm searching for someone, I was hoping you might know something. I know why he left, though I believe his son should know who he is one day."

She spoke of her search not knowing why they travelled, though it was a gamble she only wanted to start her search with some solid leads.

fellychan

Post by fellychan »

Her eyes had been closed all this time- she was really enjoying some time away from the usual and boring scenery that the home had, and the sea breeze felt so good on her darkened skin.

A gentle sound that almost resembled a purr resounded once in her ear and Parsley smiled lightly at Soybean's contentment. She couldn't remember the last time she felt this at peace...
Parsley Lorelai (Hunt for Kiran) - Profile - Gallery

Alera Tai'var

Post by Alera Tai'var »

Yrsanne gracefully moved closer to Adriel and patted him on the back with a bit of force. "Enjoying the ocean, are we?" she asked smoothly, without the tint of insult.
I'm OCD for EKD!

Adriel
Z's Account

Post by Adriel »

OOC: I think Thiana was still talking to them, but I'm not too sure. I'll play it like I think it is with Sy though.

Alera Tai'var wrote:Yrsanne gracefully moved closer to Adriel and patted him on the back with a bit of force. "Enjoying the ocean, are we?" she asked smoothly, without the tint of insult.

Adriel groaned and coughed from Yrsanne's pat. He was embarrassed to have lost composure in front of her. "{I...do not know what is wrong. I suppose it must be the stress from leaving home,}" Adriel replied on dark elven, completely unaware of the ailments of sea travel. "{I should apologize to Parsley. I would not want her to think that her meal was the cause.}"

Mariatheicy wrote:"Sea travel can be rough on some, I have not seed somebody so terrified of it before in my life. Perhaps I will speak with his wife, some music will make this journey pass smoother for all I think."

Thiana replied with as she noted where Parsley was, it seemed like they were all travelling as a group. Maybe they knew something, and could aid in her search.

"I'm searching for someone, I was hoping you might know something. I know why he left, though I believe his son should know who he is one day."

She spoke of her search not knowing why they travelled, though it was a gamble she only wanted to start her search with some solid leads.

Sythenra watched Yrsanne go off to tend to Adriel, and she stayed where she was to speak with Thiana. "Maybe I might know something, but I never spend much time in villages," Sythenra replied. "Who is it you're looking for?"
Last edited by Adriel on Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CrimsonJustice

Post by CrimsonJustice »

Sythenra watched Yrsanne go off to tend with Adriel, and stayed where she was to speak with Thiana. "Maybe I might know something, but I never spend much time in villages," Sythenra replied. "Who is it you're looking for?"

"His name is Kiran, even after four years I cannot hate him. I deserve to know the truth, and our son deserves to know his father. I know it sounds silly, but somehow I will convince him to do this one thing."

She replied honestly, unaware of the nature of their travel. Though she still also had some concern for Mica's wellbeing as she did not like seeing him suffer, though right now she had other business to attend to.

Mana Link

Post by Mana Link »

Kiran... Mica's eyes went from fear to utter hatred at the name of the man who spawned him. With all the speed and grace of his landborne self he leapt to his feet and with a bloodied hand grasped Thiana by the collar and shook her hard. "You saw that bastard?" He yelled shaking her to hurry a response. "Where? When? Describe him! Where'd you meet him? What did he dress like? Was he alone? Did he have companions? A bodyguard? Answer me you foul whore!"
100% dyed in the cloth Otaku

Air Telany (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Alm (Kidnapped Princess/New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Almelchaya Al Elazuur (Lost Humanity) - Profile - Gallery
Elainne Zal Bessur (Lost Humanity) - Profile - Gallery
Geo El Orin (Liberation of Ales) - Profile - Gallery
J. "Jet" Alastair Silverstein (Kidnapped Princess/New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Krhea Fal (Bastion's Demons) - Profile - Gallery
Laies Il Luminous (Vampire Hunt) - Profile - Gallery
Malak "Crimson Shrike" Erstwiel (Building an Empire at Sea) - Profile - Gallery
Mica Lorelai (Hunt for Kiran) - Profile - Gallery
Midau (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Wilhelm "Minstral" Mard (The Golden Egg) - Profile - Gallery
Xian (Cian's Quest) - Profile - Gallery

Adriel
Z's Account

Post by Adriel »

Sythenra's jaw dropped as soon as Thiana said Kiran's name, and if she could even recover from the shock, Mica never gave her the chance. With shake of her head, she snapped back to reality as Mica demanded answers from Thiana. "Mica, stop!" Sythenra cried and grabbed one of his arms, trying to pull him back.

CrimsonJustice

Post by CrimsonJustice »

Thiana had little chance to respond after she was grabbed, Mica's reaction took her by surprise and instead of replying she whistled sharply. Theros moved close to her and gave a low growl, looking at Mica like he was the enemy.

"He was alone, it was only three days then he left. I don't care if you hate him that much, let me go and I will tell you what I can remember. "

She replied to Mica's questions as calmly as she could, though she was shaken she was trying to keep from harming him.
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mana Link

Post by Mana Link »

Mica released Thiana and punted the dog in the face for good measure. "Shut it mutt." He growled, and in the same breath turned his attention to Sythenra who had one of his arms held: "If you would like to keep your hands, I'd damn well remove them from me before I decide to remove them from you."
100% dyed in the cloth Otaku

Air Telany (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Alm (Kidnapped Princess/New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Almelchaya Al Elazuur (Lost Humanity) - Profile - Gallery
Elainne Zal Bessur (Lost Humanity) - Profile - Gallery
Geo El Orin (Liberation of Ales) - Profile - Gallery
J. "Jet" Alastair Silverstein (Kidnapped Princess/New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Krhea Fal (Bastion's Demons) - Profile - Gallery
Laies Il Luminous (Vampire Hunt) - Profile - Gallery
Malak "Crimson Shrike" Erstwiel (Building an Empire at Sea) - Profile - Gallery
Mica Lorelai (Hunt for Kiran) - Profile - Gallery
Midau (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Wilhelm "Minstral" Mard (The Golden Egg) - Profile - Gallery
Xian (Cian's Quest) - Profile - Gallery

Return to “RPG: Hunt for Kiran”