Outside of Valis (Archive Repost)

Cursed with an evil blade, Knight Almelchaya Al Elazuul sets out to be freed of it in the company of other individuals bearing with their own demons.
CLOSED
Mana Link

Outside of Valis (Archive Repost)

Post by Mana Link »

Z wrote:To save all our history for posterity, and boost members' post counts, I'm reposting old threads from the yahoo group and old forum. It may be a long and tedious task, but hopefully it'll be done and we can find all our history in one place!

The day was young, and the rains from the previous night had dissapated. For the two travellers from Flaim, the rain was welcome if not pleasant. Elainne, now a girl of fifteen mucked about in the rain happily, shoes off and enjoying the feeling of the muddy earth between her toes.

Morning had broken nearly an hour previous, and the knight and his squire had gone to practicing already. They traded blows nearly evenly, neither caring whether someone or something heard them. While Elainne was still green on the field of battle, her master Almelchaya was anything but. A veteran of the war five years prior Al had seen his share of wars, which also brought him to acquire the accursed sword that he had at his side.

Practice ended before noon and the two rested in the cool air. Elainne started preparing the meal as Al sat back and enjoyed his break. They would take their time to go to Moss, the homeland of Al's mother.

"Say, master?" Elainne began, her young voice filled with concern. "Isn't it dangerous to be cooking in the wilderness like this? I mean, I'm sure that someone might smell this and think they can steal it from us. Food is a commodity we have little of."

Al nodded. "Elainne." He smirked. "I think a little live practice is needed for a young squire to learn the harshness of the field."

Elainne gasped. "You are trying to provoke something master?"

Al laughed. "Not provoke." He shushed her. "There are things that need to be addressed and can only be done on the field of battle. You'll understand soon enough." With that he silenced her with a stare. His bait was pleasantly prepared, and now all he had to do was wait and see whether or not his little trap worked. Elainne needed the experience, regardless of her skill in practice, practice was not life-threatening. He needed to prepare her for that event.
100% dyed in the cloth Otaku

Air Telany (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Alm (Kidnapped Princess/New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Almelchaya Al Elazuur (Lost Humanity) - Profile - Gallery
Elainne Zal Bessur (Lost Humanity) - Profile - Gallery
Geo El Orin (Liberation of Ales) - Profile - Gallery
J. "Jet" Alastair Silverstein (Kidnapped Princess/New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Krhea Fal (Bastion's Demons) - Profile - Gallery
Laies Il Luminous (Vampire Hunt) - Profile - Gallery
Malak "Crimson Shrike" Erstwiel (Building an Empire at Sea) - Profile - Gallery
Mica Lorelai (Hunt for Kiran) - Profile - Gallery
Midau (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Wilhelm "Minstral" Mard (The Golden Egg) - Profile - Gallery
Xian (Cian's Quest) - Profile - Gallery

Barbarian Barbie
Z's Account

Re: Outside of Valis (Archive Repost)

Post by Barbarian Barbie »

Aroal was on a long trek back to Roid, on foot. She had been hired to protect a family moving from Roid to Khina from bandits and wild creatures, and when the job was done, she had to return to the guild in the city alone. Which was fine by her, she wasn't exactly the most social person.

The scent of a cookfire caught her attention. Her pace slowed and she listened closely. While it could just as easily be another traveler, she didn't want to take the risk that she was near a goblin or bandit camp. Aroal continued walking, her senses alert.
"Fear my awesome rack, for if ye are male and ye gaze upon them, I shall gladly smash your skull in."
Aroal (Lost Humanity) - Profile - Gallery

Mana Link

Post by Mana Link »

Al's senses tricked. He coughed a little, trying to get Elainne's attention. She continued to stir the food, seemingly ingoring the verbal cue to get ready. Al sighed. "Watch camp for a second, I'm going to take a leak." He got up and left her before she could respond. He patted Marielle's side as he passed her. "Make sure she doesn't do anything stupid." he whispered in the horse's ear. She snorted in response, that was good enough for Al.

He went out into the brush. While still in earshot of his youthful companion, he was alone enough to relieve himself.

Elainne looked up from her cooking to notice that Al was no longer in camp. "Master?" she called out loud. "Where did you go sir? Lunch is almost ready sir."

J. "Jet" Alastair Silverstein (Kidnapped Princess/New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery

OokeStoneskull

Post by OokeStoneskull »

Sara was finishing her rounds when the sound of clashing swords caught her ear. “ What now?” High up on a branch in the outer rims of the forest she took her perch. She made out the sound of a man and a young girl. The clashing seem to have a rhythm, but she was not the type to dismiss any quarrel. She decided to investigate. Staying high in the trees, where she had home field advantage in case she needed it. While moving at a sturdy speed she passed another women, But did not stop because she looked built to handle her own. Half way there the clashing stopped and Sara began to wonder. Was the girl dead? She slowed down and took to the shadows of the trees to be safe.
Ooke Blackskull (A New Balance/Adventures in Lodoss) - Profile - Gallery
Ridell "Red Ear" Tower (Building an Empire at Sea) - Profile - Gallery
Sara (Lost Humanity) - Profile - Gallery

Barbarian Barbie
Z's Account

Aroal heard movement in the trees and glanced up to see a dark form moving through them. Her eyes narrowed on it, and it appeared to be humaniod, but uninterested in her. Just the same, the barbarian's hand found her axe haft, ready to draw it if neccessary.

She found a path leading off the road into the brush and it seemed to lead in the direction of the fire. Aroal paused, considering if she should investigate. She heard no voices and she almost continued on, but her curiousity overwhelmed her. Turning, she slowly stalked down the path to see what lie at the end.
"Fear my awesome rack, for if ye are male and ye gaze upon them, I shall gladly smash your skull in."

Mana Link

Post by Mana Link »

Al cringed. Something was coming closer to the encampment, his instincts told him that. Chances are Elainne is not paying attention to her surroundings again. I'd better check on her. He made himself proper before hustling as quietly as he could back to the camp. Hopefully she was fine.

Back at the camp Marielle gave a short snort. Elainne bit her lower lip and drew her sword. Her heartbeat quickened as sounds of something approaching fast came from the brush. Her breathing quickened and shallowed as she gripped her sword tightly with both hands, her palms sweating out of nervousness. The crashing continued, louder than before- Elainne tightened her grip on the hilt and bit her lip hard. When it sounded close she leapt at it sword poised to attack.

Al broke through the brush only to be attacked by his own squire. Her sword dug into the flesh of his left arm as he raised it protectively above his head. "Sweet Marfa, Elainne you idiot!" He cursed pushing his young apprentice away. His blood was on her blade, and the wound was enough to hamper any heavy lifting needed by that arm until it healed. "Watch before you strike."

"M-master Al...I'm so sorry." she dropped her sword and ran to his aid. She did as her instructors years ago taught her, cleaning and staunching the wound, she then tore off some of her shirt to bandage the wound. "I...I wasn't thinking."

Al grabbed Elainne's head with his right hand and ruffled her hair. "Good instincts, bad reaction. What if I was a fleeing refugee? You might have killed me when you could have helped me."

Elainne bowed her head, tears forming in her young eyes. "I'm so sorry master. I'll think next time, I promise." Al rubbed the tears from her eyes and pinched her cheek softly. "There are guests coming, I suggest you stay your sword, at least, for now."

"Guests? As in human guests?" Elainne asked. "How do you know that?"

Al shook his head. He didn't know, he was running off of instinct. Instinct told him that creatures would be attracted to the smell of food and common sense pervaded that perhaps their practice earlier would have caught someone's attention. "We'll see, Elainne." he grunted. When she called out to him earlier it was loud. When he cursed at her, that was loud too. It was bound to draw some attention.

Barbarian Barbie
Z's Account

Aroal heard the sound of a conflict in the campsite ahead and pulled an axe from her belt. The barbarian came running into the campsite, axe readied. However, as she saw it was a girl and an adult man and no fighting, she relaxed.

"I..I'm sorry for intruding," she said to the pair.

Mana Link

Post by Mana Link »

Elainne looked up to see the barbarian woman and paused at her breasts. She awkwardly stared at them, mouth agape. I'll never be THAT big. She thought. Al closed her mouth and approached the newcomer.

"Welcome to our encampment." Al made a grand sweeping gesture. "Please, make yourself at home, as we are but humble servants of those wishing to travel the roads of Lodoss. Our greatest pleasure would be fulfilled if you were to join us in our feast."

Elainne crossed her arms at her master's sudden change of speach. He only did this when women were around, and she was beginning to think that he'd never come to his senses and realize that there was a woman at his side already. "Yeah. Join us." Elainne mumbled.

Barbarian Barbie
Z's Account

Aroal slipped the haft of her axe back into it's loop on her belt as she was welcomed. She was a little uncomfortable with the girl staring at her breasts, but many women were jealous of them. It was vain of her to expose so much cleavage, but she wanted to show the tattoo on her chest. And, she enjoyed the attention they got sometimes.

"I was only passing through and thought I heard a fight," Aroal said, debating on if she should stay. Her stomach protested. The scent of the food cooking made her stomach growl. "Perhaps I could stay. I have not eaten my mid-day meal yet. My name is Aroal."

Mana Link

Post by Mana Link »

Elainne smiled. "Well then, you might as well join us. My name is Ellaine Zal Bessur, and this is my master, Almel-"

Al stepped in and took Aroal's hand. "Almelchaya Al Elazuur, from Flaim." he kissed the back of her hand gingerly. "A pleasure to meet someone as beautiful as yourself."

Elainne gave her master a flat stare. "The fighting was us. We were practicing swordplay. I'm master Al's squire."

Barbarian Barbie
Z's Account

The barbarian raised her eyebrow and regarded Al coldly, obviously not amused by the hand kissing. She looked away from the knight and turned her attention to his squire. "I'm glad to hear that all is well. And it's good to see a young woman entering the knighthood. I have never met a female knight."

Mana Link

Post by Mana Link »

Elainne giggled. "I became Al's squire on behalf of my father. He wished to have a male heir, but, as you can see, that didn't turn out well." She gave Al a stern glance. "Master, do not look so dejected."

Al forced a smile and backed away from the woman. "Well, Aroal, it is a pleasure to meet you anyways. " He picked up his lithe apprentice and spun her around. Elainne giggled and screamed, laughing at the sudden attention brought to her. Al placed her down on her feet and ruffled her hair.

When Elainne regained her balance, she dished out portions of the broth to Aroal and Al, making sure that there was enough to go around. The rabbit was cooked through as well, so the food was ready for consumption. "So, where are you headed Aroal?" Elainne asked as she daintily cut her meat. "Master Al and I are headed to his mother's homeland of Moss, from there we have to search out a wizard to help with Al's cur-" Al stepped on Elainne's foot to silence her.

"Ignore my talkative comrade, she gets carried away when faced with new people." Al gave his apprentice a sidelong glare. "We are seeking out a wizard to join our comraderie. You are welcome as well, if you choose to come with."

OokeStoneskull

Post by OokeStoneskull »

Sara watched and listen to the three talking from behind a near by tree, I guess it’s kind of rude of me to be eavesdropping. she thought to herself. “Good day fellow travelers how are things this fine day; well I hope?” Sara said from the distance of the tree, but making herself noticeable.
Ooke Blackskull (A New Balance/Adventures in Lodoss) - Profile - Gallery
Ridell "Red Ear" Tower (Building an Empire at Sea) - Profile - Gallery
Sara (Lost Humanity) - Profile - Gallery

Mana Link

Post by Mana Link »

Elainne nearly jumped out of her skin. "Wahh!! Trees can talk!" Al bit his lip to contain himself from outright laughing at his apprentice's naivety.

"A courteous welcome to you as well." Al said. "Please join us." He made a small sweep of the encampment. "Share with us your company as well as your insight." Al was a little concerned. He felt her there, but only because of his heightened instinct, the instinct of a warrior. Odd that he could neither hear her nor see her until she made herself noticed.

Barbarian Barbie
Z's Account

Aroal gave a start as the newcomer spoke and began to draw her axe again on instinct. When she saw the amicable woman, she relaxed. Perhaps she was the one passing through the trees? She expected an elf, but though the woman had rather prominent ears, they were well-rounded.

"You are gathering a following, sir Alma..." Aroal stumbled over his rather long name.

Return to “RPG: Lost Humanity”