Morning in Dragon Scale

Cursed with an evil blade, Knight Almelchaya Al Elazuul sets out to be freed of it in the company of other individuals bearing with their own demons.
CLOSED
Mana Link

Morning in Dragon Scale

Post by Mana Link »

"Brother," the voice was soft and familiar. "Brother, it's morning. Time to rise." Al kept his eyes shut, his mind searching for the name to go with the voice. "Brother, it's morning, you have things to do." The melodious voice was broken with a hacking cough. Warm arms wrapped around Al's shoulders and a mouth perched by his ear. "I love you Brother..."

Al's eyes snapped open as his a horrid shriek escaped his lips. A barmaid dropped the platter she was carrying to the morning patrons. "Margaret." The inn keeper called to her. "Just clean it up." The barmaid snapped out of the shock and began to clean up the mess she had made. The innkeeper came out from behind the bar and put his hand on Al's shoulder. "I don't mind people who pay crashing out in the common room, but I'll have to charge you with the broken dishes and for the wasted food."

"That's alright." Al stated, a little embarrassed by his actions. He slipped a couple of coins into the Inn keeper's hands. The inn keeper backed off after being paid and redistributed the morning stew into bowls for compensation and let the barmaid bring the food to the hungry customers.

Elainne woke up when she heard Al's scream. She fell out of the bed and grabbed at her leggings. She thrust her legs into them and haphazzardly strapped her sword at her side. Tripping over her boots her head hit the door with a loud thump. Determined to be at her master's side she pushed past the pain and ran down the stairs to check on her master.

"I'm alright Elainne." Al sighed.

"G-good." Elainne said in between sharp breaths. "I wasn't worried Master Al."

He brushed her hair out of her face and traced his fingers over the goose egg forming on her forehead. "I'm sorry for startling you."
Last edited by Mana Link on Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
100% dyed in the cloth Otaku

Air Telany (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Alm (Kidnapped Princess/New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Almelchaya Al Elazuur (Lost Humanity) - Profile - Gallery
Elainne Zal Bessur (Lost Humanity) - Profile - Gallery
Geo El Orin (Liberation of Ales) - Profile - Gallery
J. "Jet" Alastair Silverstein (Kidnapped Princess/New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Krhea Fal (Bastion's Demons) - Profile - Gallery
Laies Il Luminous (Vampire Hunt) - Profile - Gallery
Malak "Crimson Shrike" Erstwiel (Building an Empire at Sea) - Profile - Gallery
Mica Lorelai (Hunt for Kiran) - Profile - Gallery
Midau (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Wilhelm "Minstral" Mard (The Golden Egg) - Profile - Gallery
Xian (Cian's Quest) - Profile - Gallery

Scythed

Post by Scythed »

Al's scream sent a streak of pain shooting through Scythed's head. He sat up and opened his eyes, and instantly closed them as the morning light sent another shot of pain through his head. "The hell are you yelling about?" he yelled and threw the closest object he could find (a pillow) in the general direction of Al's cry (the floor). This of course had no effect whatsoever except to hit Zylan who sleeping space just so happened to coincide with the forceful landing of said object. "... Why in Falaris are you in my room old man" he said, noticeing what he'd hit "... Wait..." he continued opening his left eye to a squint "I wasn't that drunk was I?"

Barbarian Barbie
Z's Account

Post by Barbarian Barbie »

Aroal woke to a blood-curdling shriek, then heard glass shatter in response. Something happened downstairs and her first instinct was to go investigate. The barbarian threw back her covers and leapt out of bed, wearing nothing but a pair of panties and a tank top. She took the first weapon in reach, which just happened to be the greatsword, then charged out the door.

In the hallway, she saw Elainne run out of her room and downstairs. Aroal followed, but she heard no more signs of a conflict and relaxed. Instead of running downstairs, she walked down the stairs after Elainne to see just what had happened, despite her state of undress. When she finally saw the scene in the common room, she saw there was nothing to worry about. Al was looking embarassed and there was a spill on the floor. "What happened?" she asked from the stairwell.
"Fear my awesome rack, for if ye are male and ye gaze upon them, I shall gladly smash your skull in."
Aroal (Lost Humanity) - Profile - Gallery

Mana Link

Post by Mana Link »

Al's moved from Elainne's face to Aroal, about to explain, his words caught in his throat. His eyes scoured over Aroal's form in her lack of clothing. His cheeks burned with embarassment as he looked away and explained. "I had a...dream." He stated slowly. "It's nothing out of the ordinary..." he shuddered at the memory of the dream. Brother, I love you. "The sword is playing with my mind."

Elainne moved over to the innkeeper to begin ordering breakfast for herself and Al. She didn't want to intrude on whatever Al had to say to Aroal.

J. "Jet" Alastair Silverstein (Kidnapped Princess/New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery

Barbarian Barbie
Z's Account

Aroal frowned, though she was relieved to hear that nothing more had happened. Whatever cursed the sword was relentless in tormenting Al. She felt a tickling up her spine, and with a glance around the common room, she noticed that the few other men there were staring. Ugh...I hate that look, she thought, obviously not ashamed of how she was dressed, she only wished that she could get the same reaction a man would in such a state. That would never happen. "Alright," she said to Al. "I'll be back in a few minutes."

The barbarian woman turned around and walked back upstairs to her room so she could dress.
"Fear my awesome rack, for if ye are male and ye gaze upon them, I shall gladly smash your skull in."

Myel-Elina

Post by Myel-Elina »

Ar-Khôrahil was there, playing a soft melody in a quiet town. No one is there in this city, Myel-Elina thought, and she was somehow happy. But this delightful moment was not to last. Suddenly, a dark shadow swallowed her mentor, and his scream terrified the woman. The last thing she saw was Ar-Khôrahil shattering like glass...

Myel-elina awoke suddenly, sweating and shivering. It took a few moments for her to remember where she was. She dried the tears rolling on her cheeks, and looked at Mieijha. The presence of the elf relieve her.

Being as quiet as she might be, the bard carefully dressed herself. She hoped she was able not to disturb the elf's sleep. In the corridor, Myel-Elina crossed Aroal wearing nothing but her night clothes and a greatsword. She suddenly understood the noise in her dream were not only dreams. She rushed to the barbarian woman, speaking quickly."Aroal, has something just happened? What was the scream? Is everyone safe?"

Barbarian Barbie
Z's Account

Aroal raised her hand, gesturing for Myel-Elina to calm down. "Don't worry, Al just had a bad dream again," she assured the bard. "I suppose that we should get used to being awoken by screaming while we're traveling with him," Aroal added dryly.

Alera Tai'var

Post by Alera Tai'var »

"Oof" groaned Zylan as the pillow roughly awakened him from a calm slumber. Ludwig was quick to jump up, grab the pillow from the old man, and biting a gaping hole in it within the passage of a few seconds. Wolfgang rose only to push Ludwig to the side and stick his nose into the material inside the pillow, then snap at him in jest for his jumpiness. "Good morning to you too... Where's my cane?" he muttered feeling about. Wolfgang made quick work of nosing it over to his hand and providing something to hold onto while he rose. The difference between the two men rising, however, was that Zylanthian Baratoice had slept naked that night. Being the unashamed old man he was, he saw it as no problem.
Last edited by Alera Tai'var on Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm OCD for EKD!

Carianna Mareleth (Cian's Quest) - Profile - Gallery
Grennith (New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Itoya* (New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Jeren Octavian Aldener (Search for Nat) - Profile - Gallery
Jleslie "Rose" Seif (A New Balance) - Profile - Gallery
Orion* (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Rone Kalmaine (Vampire Hunt) - Profile - Gallery
Desmond "Rory" D'Angelline (Adventures in Lodoss) - Profile - Gallery
Terelyn "Crimson Corsair" Tai'var (Building an Empire at Sea) - Profile - Gallery
Veriss Trelem (Liberation of Ales) - Profile - Gallery
Yrsanne* (Hunt for Kiran) - Profile - Gallery
Zylanthian Baratoice (Lost Humanity) - Profile - Gallery

Myel-Elina

Post by Myel-Elina »

Myel-Elina felt ashamed for her reaction. She had never been able to restrain her natural anxiety, even when she had to. But there was nothing more than a bad dream here, and the calm of the barbarian woman reminded her of how ridiculous she might look.

"O... Ok." The bard said while blushing. "I just... Euh... I was just going to have a breakfast." She rushed to the common room.

"Good morning." She said to Al and Elainne.

Barbarian Barbie
Z's Account

OOC: Zylan is in Scythed's room. Only Al and Elainne are in the common room. To save time, I'm editing your post to remove that.

Aroal parted with Myel-Elina and returned to her own room to dress. It seemed that the scream hadn't disturbed Sara, but it was probably a good idea to wake her so they could get on with whatever Al had planned for today. Aroal let the girl sleep just a little longer while she dressed in her leather armor.

OokeStoneskull

Post by OokeStoneskull »

Sara slept through the scream but heard Aroal getting dressed and began to do the same. She didn’t say much, but she was ready to face the new day with new spirits.
Ooke Blackskull (A New Balance/Adventures in Lodoss) - Profile - Gallery
Ridell "Red Ear" Tower (Building an Empire at Sea) - Profile - Gallery
Sara (Lost Humanity) - Profile - Gallery

justindustries

Post by justindustries »

With all the noise and the scuffling, Mieijha sat up, whacking her forehead on the bottom of the bed. Within her sleep she had managed to roll off and under the bed. Grumbling, the shamaness rolled out from underneath the bed and dressed quickly. Dignity and grace, dignity and grace. A woman is composed of dignity and grace. She chanted her mantra inwardly, hoping it would quell the pain in her head. She opened the door and walked down to the common room, taking up a seat near Al and Myel. "Good morning." she muttered softly, rubbing her fingers over the sore spot on her forehead. "I trust everyone else slept well."
Miejha is sweet
Lilly is hot
Penna is seductive

I'm all evil.

Lilly Atru Erstwiel (Building an Empire at Sea) - Profile - Gallery
Mieijha (Lost Humanity) - Profile - Gallery
Penna (Vampire Hunt) - Profile - Gallery

Barbarian Barbie
Z's Account

OokeStoneskull wrote:Sara slept through the scream but heard Aroal getting dressed and began to do the same. She didn’t say much, but she was ready to face the new day with new spirits.

"Morning," Aroal greeted Sara as the girl woke. She was pulling on her boots now, almost ready to go downstairs. Hopefully Sara would let the others know of her affliction before the next moon, at least, if they had to travel together that much longer.

Mana Link

Post by Mana Link »

Al noted when Myel and Mieijha came down for breakfast. "Good morning you two." he announced. To Mieijha he smiled but shook his head. "A good sleep is a fleeting memory to me."

Elainne returned to the table with Al's and Elainne's meal. Seeing the addition of two more of their company, Elainne put her hands on her hips and asked: "And what do you two want for breakfast?"
Last edited by Mana Link on Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OokeStoneskull

Post by OokeStoneskull »

Sara gathered her bow and quiver then looked over at Aroal who was ready to go. “Right then, shall we?” She said with a great smile.
She wondered what the journey would bring them next as she glanced at the massive sword by Aroal side. She then open the door, took a deep breath and stepped out.
Ooke Blackskull (A New Balance/Adventures in Lodoss) - Profile - Gallery
Ridell "Red Ear" Tower (Building an Empire at Sea) - Profile - Gallery
Sara (Lost Humanity) - Profile - Gallery

Return to “RPG: Lost Humanity”