Morning in Dragon Scale

Cursed with an evil blade, Knight Almelchaya Al Elazuul sets out to be freed of it in the company of other individuals bearing with their own demons.
CLOSED
Myel-Elina

Post by Myel-Elina »

As Al was talking about his nightmare, Myel-Elina felt sad for the knight. Her dreams were not exactly peaceful, but her sleep was not disturbed by nightmares every night. Not to accentuate Al's feeling, Myel-Elina answered Mieijha with a soft voice.

"Well, not too bad, at least I don't fell tired. But I hope I didn't wake you last night. My paces are not as light as I want them to be..."

Then, she turned to answer to Elainne. "I would just have some tea, please. I can't take food that early. Thank you." It may be too early for food, but not for talk. I don't like that silence, and Al doesn't seem in the mood for talking. Is he ever? Elainne and Mieijha surely seem more talkative, but Al really need to have his mind relieved from his concerns. A bit if discussion would surely help him.

The bard waited for the squire to come back to the table, and asked: "Well, what's the plan for today?"

OOC: Sorry for last time, I misunderstood...

Mana Link

Post by Mana Link »

Elainne brought a tea pot to the table and set down cups for Al, Mieijha and Myel. Elainne wasn't one for tea first thing in the morning, but she kept a cup out for the inevitability of Zylan's emergance from his room. Myel seemed to want to talk, thus spurring Al to discuss plans about what he planned for next. Although she too was a little concerned about what they were going to do next, she wasn't about to voice her opinion just yet.

Al thanked Elainne for bringing the tea, and poured himself and the two women some tea. "I have to run some errands in town, and gather some information on a sorceror. We'll probably stay here one more night and then head south. I have family to meet in the capitol, and then there's the matter of the quest." To rid myself of this curse.
Last edited by Mana Link on Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
100% dyed in the cloth Otaku

Air Telany (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Alm (Kidnapped Princess/New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Almelchaya Al Elazuur (Lost Humanity) - Profile - Gallery
Elainne Zal Bessur (Lost Humanity) - Profile - Gallery
Geo El Orin (Liberation of Ales) - Profile - Gallery
J. "Jet" Alastair Silverstein (Kidnapped Princess/New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Krhea Fal (Bastion's Demons) - Profile - Gallery
Laies Il Luminous (Vampire Hunt) - Profile - Gallery
Malak "Crimson Shrike" Erstwiel (Building an Empire at Sea) - Profile - Gallery
Mica Lorelai (Hunt for Kiran) - Profile - Gallery
Midau (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Wilhelm "Minstral" Mard (The Golden Egg) - Profile - Gallery
Xian (Cian's Quest) - Profile - Gallery

Barbarian Barbie
Z's Account

Post by Barbarian Barbie »

Aroal and Sara came downstairs together. The barbarian woman still had the attention of several male patrons as she entered the room, but she ignored them. Quietly, she took a seat at the table while Al talked. She was hoping they would move on today, but it seemed she had forgotten why they came to the city after all the excitement with Thrighan. She wanted to leave the city far behind her after last night.
"Fear my awesome rack, for if ye are male and ye gaze upon them, I shall gladly smash your skull in."
Aroal (Lost Humanity) - Profile - Gallery

Scythed

Post by Scythed »

"Oof" groaned Zylan as the pillow roughly awakened him from a calm slumber. Ludwig was quick to jump up, grab the pillow from the old man, and biting a gaping hole in it within the passage of a few seconds. Wolfgang rose only to push Ludwig to the side and stick his nose into the material inside the pillow, then snap at him in jest for his jumpiness. "Good morning to you too... Where's my cane?" he muttered feeling about. Wolfgang made quick work of nosing it over to his hand and providing something to hold onto while he rose. The difference between the two men rising, however, was that Zylanthian Baratoice had slept naked that night. Being the unashamed old man he was, he saw it as no problem.

Scythed now noticed the old man's state of nakedness, and shuddered. "I think I'll just keep my eyes closed for now" He said, and walked to leave the room, though he ran into the wall on the way. Swearing loudly, he followed the wall till he found the door. "And put some clothes on, old man!" He called back to Zylan "No one should ever have to wake up to that" He grumbled to himself as he walked downstairs

OokeStoneskull

Post by OokeStoneskull »

“Good Morning All!” Sara shouted when she reached the bottom of the stairs. “I trust we all had a good sleep?” She said in a kid like fashion. Then she pondered on how to tell the group of her affliction.
Ooke Blackskull (A New Balance/Adventures in Lodoss) - Profile - Gallery
Ridell "Red Ear" Tower (Building an Empire at Sea) - Profile - Gallery
Sara (Lost Humanity) - Profile - Gallery

justindustries

Post by justindustries »

"Good morning." Mieijha responded to the three newcomers: Aroal, Sara and Scythed. She assumed that the Zylan was still sleeping above. She sipped at her tea and raised her arm suddenly as her hawk swooped in and perched on her outstretched arm. "Shisoughc, good morning to you too." Her hawk replied by dropping a dead rat on the table. Mieijha blanched and pushed her food away. "Suddenly I don't feel that hungry. Diet. Diet sounds good. A non meat diet."
Miejha is sweet
Lilly is hot
Penna is seductive

I'm all evil.

Lilly Atru Erstwiel (Building an Empire at Sea) - Profile - Gallery
Mieijha (Lost Humanity) - Profile - Gallery
Penna (Vampire Hunt) - Profile - Gallery

Alera Tai'var

Post by Alera Tai'var »

Scythed walked out, though Zylanthian wasn't sure why. "Why, isn't he as cranky as an old man sleeping on a wooden floor?" the old sage asked Wolfgang with a hearty laugh. In reply, the wolves howled quietly back. At least wolves understood irony. As he dressed, he could feel the dryness in his mouth, calling out for tea. "Well, its back to being blind, I suppose," the old man muttered. "Is it not unwise to spend all of your hours of blessed sight in a state where it is useless? Hah, the old philosophers back in the universities would laugh if they saw me this way. Ahh, well, so much for what they know. I get more intellectual arguement out of you two!" he declared as he finished putting on his clothes.

Ludwig glared at him, if it was possible for a wolf to do so.

"Now now, I wasn't insulting you."

Still that stare!

"Nor your mother. Now come along. I'm just saying that you two don't talk, so you aren't expected to maintain a discourse on a proper subject." Zylanthian began as his cane began tapping in front of him to find the door. "You can't seriously expect any human to agree with someone they can't even understand." The door opened to his wandering hand as he continued. "Besides, what do wolves really know about existentialism or the last war?" Patrons stared at him as they would a raving lunatic as he found the steps, still conversing. "Why do you think universities don't allow anyone with tails?" With one hand on Wolfgang's back, the blind man worked his way down the stairs slowly. "After all, your noses get in the way of the words on the page!" Zylan found himself on the bottom of the stairs. "Where are the others? And no, I am not discriminating! I'm just saying there are logistical issues with wolves becoming professors! You can't simply put on a pair of glasses and throw a shiny blanket on you and call yourself an intellectual!" Wolfgang obediently made a beeline for the rest of the group gathered there, but Zylan's attention was at Ludwig, who seemed to actually be listening very intently to Zylanthian, though not pleased at the words. "It requires years of study! More than your entire life! Especially considering how poor you did in the mathematics!" Zylan paused. "Oh no that was not a diploma! That was me telling you that your subtraction was wonderful, but your multiplication exam failed! You are a remedial student! Do you know what that means? It means you need more help because you aren't smart!" Ludwig's ears perked up, as if he was hurt, then hung his head low in shame. "Oh don't start that. You wanted the truth!"

Zylan found a seat and sat down with an unceremonious plop. "Hmph, wolves! They think they know everything," he declared indignantly to Sara. "If it makes you feel better, I'll let you take the class again!" Zylan said to Ludwig again in frustration. He turned back to Sara. "You'd think the noble and strong wolf wouldn't whine so much about academics! Lazy university students, all of them!" Finally, he broke a smile through his beard and nudged her, signifying the end of his joking tirade. Conversely, Ludwig sighed and laid down with his head on the ground, as if to roll his eyes.
I'm OCD for EKD!

Carianna Mareleth (Cian's Quest) - Profile - Gallery
Grennith (New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Itoya* (New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Jeren Octavian Aldener (Search for Nat) - Profile - Gallery
Jleslie "Rose" Seif (A New Balance) - Profile - Gallery
Orion* (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Rone Kalmaine (Vampire Hunt) - Profile - Gallery
Desmond "Rory" D'Angelline (Adventures in Lodoss) - Profile - Gallery
Terelyn "Crimson Corsair" Tai'var (Building an Empire at Sea) - Profile - Gallery
Veriss Trelem (Liberation of Ales) - Profile - Gallery
Yrsanne* (Hunt for Kiran) - Profile - Gallery
Zylanthian Baratoice (Lost Humanity) - Profile - Gallery

OokeStoneskull

Post by OokeStoneskull »

Sara smiled at the old mans ranting, and figured this was a perfect in for her to reveal a little more about herself.
“You know some of us could find your joke slightly insulting, but seeing as you didn’t know that I’m part wolf, I’ll let it slide this time.” She smiled and nudged him back.
She made light of her situation and felt pretty good about how they might react…if they caught on. She then sat down with the pups and brushed their fur with her hands.

Barbarian Barbie
Z's Account

Aroal sat quietly and stoically, even through Zylan's humorous ranting. The previous night still disturbed her a bit, not that she was ever one to laugh easily. She heard Sara make a mention of being part wolf and her eyes lifted to look at the reactions of the group gathered around the table.
"Fear my awesome rack, for if ye are male and ye gaze upon them, I shall gladly smash your skull in."

Mana Link

Post by Mana Link »

"My mother always assumed I was half bear." Al said with a smirk. He poured Zylanthian a cup of tea. "I'm pretty sure that by the way that Ellaine eats, she's half cow or something, having multiple stomachs and all."

Elainne kicked her master under the table and shot him a glare. "Food and liquid have different compartments." She muttered, her ears as red as the rest of her face. "Besides, I think that Sara was being more serious than you or your mother were. Were you raised by wolves?" Elainne asked with honest concern. "No...wait, you said you were raised by elves." Since Elainne had never heard of a werewolf the idea never crossed her mind.
Last edited by Mana Link on Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
100% dyed in the cloth Otaku

Air Telany (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Alm (Kidnapped Princess/New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Almelchaya Al Elazuur (Lost Humanity) - Profile - Gallery
Elainne Zal Bessur (Lost Humanity) - Profile - Gallery
Geo El Orin (Liberation of Ales) - Profile - Gallery
J. "Jet" Alastair Silverstein (Kidnapped Princess/New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Krhea Fal (Bastion's Demons) - Profile - Gallery
Laies Il Luminous (Vampire Hunt) - Profile - Gallery
Malak "Crimson Shrike" Erstwiel (Building an Empire at Sea) - Profile - Gallery
Mica Lorelai (Hunt for Kiran) - Profile - Gallery
Midau (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Wilhelm "Minstral" Mard (The Golden Egg) - Profile - Gallery
Xian (Cian's Quest) - Profile - Gallery

justindustries

Post by justindustries »

Mieijha lifted Zylan's cup and set it in one of his hands. "Careful, it's hot." she spoke softly. Sara had made a joke, if it could be called that, about being part wolf. Although she didn't seem serious, Aroal's sudden attention to the phrase made Mieijha uncomfortable, even moreso than the dead rat on the table. She brushed the rat to the floor with an unoccupied hand and looked at Al. Elainne didn't seem to know what Sara was talking about, and Al had cracked a joke. A werewolf? She spoke inwardly, her mind mulling over that one particular thought. It's not impossible, nor difficult to fathom. But for her to be so open about it. I'm not sure whether she's being open, or disguising something with humour as Al does.
Miejha is sweet
Lilly is hot
Penna is seductive

I'm all evil.

Lilly Atru Erstwiel (Building an Empire at Sea) - Profile - Gallery
Mieijha (Lost Humanity) - Profile - Gallery
Penna (Vampire Hunt) - Profile - Gallery

Scythed

Post by Scythed »

Half wolf? Scythed thought What does she mean by that? The thought that she might mean she's a werewolf never crossed his mind "So... your saying your mother was a bitch?" He asked, coming to the wrong conclusion as usual.

Barbarian Barbie
Z's Account

Aroal sat by silently as people questioned Sara, but after Scythed's comment, she stiffled a chuckle.

Alera Tai'var

Post by Alera Tai'var »

"Well, I said nothing about hybrids, my dear, simply the full bred. And if you had seen his scores in the maths, you would understand!" Zylan declared, taking up his tea. "Thank you, my dear. You are getting good at this," he replied, inferring about how quick she was about getting him what he liked. "My dear, if you are as you say you are, then it would only be logical that you would do twice as well as Ludwig here in the Maths. You know, I used to teach long long ago. However, my students have gone downhill over the years..." Ludwig looked up and snorted with displeasure, but Zylan ignored him. "Besides, how could I insult kin, my child? After all, if my family are wolves, and you share their blood in a sense, then, I am sort of like a second uncle." Wolfgang barked instantly. "Perhaps your right. More like grandfather once removed. You should see our family reunions!"
I'm OCD for EKD!

Carianna Mareleth (Cian's Quest) - Profile - Gallery
Grennith (New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Itoya* (New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Jeren Octavian Aldener (Search for Nat) - Profile - Gallery
Jleslie "Rose" Seif (A New Balance) - Profile - Gallery
Orion* (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Rone Kalmaine (Vampire Hunt) - Profile - Gallery
Desmond "Rory" D'Angelline (Adventures in Lodoss) - Profile - Gallery
Terelyn "Crimson Corsair" Tai'var (Building an Empire at Sea) - Profile - Gallery
Veriss Trelem (Liberation of Ales) - Profile - Gallery
Yrsanne* (Hunt for Kiran) - Profile - Gallery
Zylanthian Baratoice (Lost Humanity) - Profile - Gallery

OokeStoneskull

Post by OokeStoneskull »

Sara watched the random faces and listen to all the comment. She felt a little hot under the collar about Scthed’s remark but choose not to waste her breath. She smiled at Zylan’s comment as the old man’s wisdom seemed never ending.

“Well if you didn’t understand the comment yes, I’m a werewolf. I have never tried to change form at will, so I don’t know if I can only during a full moon or in a spite of rage,” she ranted in a low tone to avoid drawing a morning crowd, seeing as how things from the night before didn’t go so quietly.

“My mother died during an attack and so would have I if it wasn’t for my guardian angel…” she said with a pause then continued, “...Finrod the elven ranger saved my life and raised me as his own. To him I am forever in debuted.”

“Now you know and I feel it best that you understand, so if you have any question, please be quick I care not to dwell on the thought.” She said with haste in her voice.

Sara stood up and looked to the door; she was ready to go so that the attention wouldn’t dwell on her.

Return to “RPG: Lost Humanity”