Camp

Cursed with an evil blade, Knight Almelchaya Al Elazuul sets out to be freed of it in the company of other individuals bearing with their own demons.
CLOSED
Barbarian Barbie
Z's Account

Post by Barbarian Barbie »

Aroal prodded at the campfire with a stick, pulling the logs apart. The fire was already dying out, and she was just helping it die a little sooner. There was no need for it, and soon their eyes would adjust to the darkness, making it easier to watch for potential threats in the night. Her cloak was enough for warmth. "Zylan, are you going to rest?" she asked the old man.
"Fear my awesome rack, for if ye are male and ye gaze upon them, I shall gladly smash your skull in."
Aroal (Lost Humanity) - Profile - Gallery

Alera Tai'var

Post by Alera Tai'var »

The old sage was faced away from the fire, looking out into a fog of murky shadows beyond his evening companion. His wrinkled face, aged against years of nature's passing, looked like a tree at the day's last light, only outlines of orange. "The evening is not a time for sleep when you are akin to the owl, my lady." He leaned forward on his cane, clearly tired. "The day you shun what blessings you can gather is the day you enact your own curse."
I'm OCD for EKD!

Carianna Mareleth (Cian's Quest) - Profile - Gallery
Grennith (New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Itoya* (New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Jeren Octavian Aldener (Search for Nat) - Profile - Gallery
Jleslie "Rose" Seif (A New Balance) - Profile - Gallery
Orion* (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Rone Kalmaine (Vampire Hunt) - Profile - Gallery
Desmond "Rory" D'Angelline (Adventures in Lodoss) - Profile - Gallery
Terelyn "Crimson Corsair" Tai'var (Building an Empire at Sea) - Profile - Gallery
Veriss Trelem (Liberation of Ales) - Profile - Gallery
Yrsanne* (Hunt for Kiran) - Profile - Gallery
Zylanthian Baratoice (Lost Humanity) - Profile - Gallery

Barbarian Barbie
Z's Account

The logs were nearly burned out and Aroal's eyes were slowing adjusting to the waning light. She was silent for a moment, digesting Zylan's words, but what he said was rather enigmatic. How was he like the owl? In her mind, she believe it best that the old man rest before traveling tomorrow. "How are you akin to an owl?" she finally asked, though it wasn't a habit of hers to concern herself with other people's business.
"Fear my awesome rack, for if ye are male and ye gaze upon them, I shall gladly smash your skull in."

Alera Tai'var

Post by Alera Tai'var »

"You have lovely blue eyes, madam." Zylanthian hoped that answered her question. After all, how could a blind man know what color eyes you had? Of course, he had never bothered to explain to anyone that he could see at night, nor why. Zylan looked up at her, his eyes open, revealing his completely opaque, black eyes. Like polished stones, they reflected the dying light of the fire. "The answer is that we are both nocturnal."
I'm OCD for EKD!

Terelyn "Crimson Corsair" Tai'var (Building an Empire at Sea) - Profile - Gallery

Barbarian Barbie
Z's Account

Aroal felt a chill up her spine as she saw Zylan's solid black eyes. It reminded her of many evil creatures from Marmo, and it put her on edge. Yet, she knew Zylan. She had to ask about it, and she forced herself to ask another question, though it was awkward for her, "How did your eyes become that way?"

Alera Tai'var

Post by Alera Tai'var »

Zylanthian closed his eyes for Aroal's comfort. "'Tis a tale of greed, madam," The old man said, stroking his beard. "Many years ago, I was as much man as any, urbanite in his stature and noble in birth. I stood amongst the sharpest of thinkers in my time. The academy was my home and philosophy my expertise. You might be surprised to know that academia is as much a warzone as a battlefield. When you are proven wrong, you are ruined. It is a contest of ideas. I had a rival then, a Baron. I myself was a Lord in Moss at the time. When I defeated him in public, he retaliated with a disreputable spell. He placed a curse upon my eyes, so that I could only see in darkness. If I open my eyes in the daylight, it is rather painful and too bright for me to see." Zylanthian sighed, shaking his head. "Thus, before traveling amongst you all, I moved by night."
I'm OCD for EKD!

Barbarian Barbie
Z's Account

The warrior woman listened raptly to Zylan's tale. He had closed his eyes while he spoke. Did she show that much of her discomfort? Now that she knew the reason, it was nothing to fear. "I see," she acknowledged quietly. For a moment, Aroal pondered. This was the third curse revealed to since she had been amongst these companions. First Al's sword, then Sara's lycanthropy, and now this. "It may be hard for you to find time to rest while you travel with us."

Alera Tai'var

Post by Alera Tai'var »

"There is no life in comfort, my lady. It is not until you struggle for everything do you actually learn anything," Zylan said, his voice true to that of a teacher. "Though it may be difficult, I would not trade that difficulty for much."
I'm OCD for EKD!

Barbarian Barbie
Z's Account

"I'm no stranger to what one can learn from struggling," Aroal replied, then poked one of the smoldering logs with a stick to break it up further. There was a small flare. "However, there is only so much one can learn from exhaustion. I will make sure that you always get the chance to stay up for the late watch, though. Just take the time to rest before twilight and after dawn."

Alera Tai'var

Post by Alera Tai'var »

"Very well." Zylanthian compromised. He opened his eyes again, looking up to the sky.

OOC: if you want, we can skip to next morning.
I'm OCD for EKD!

Barbarian Barbie
Z's Account

OOC: I was just waiting to see if Rory wanted to do something with Al and Aroal, but I guess not. :P It's up to Sara to post for the next morning since she had the last watch.

Last bumped by Barbarian Barbie on Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:57 pm.

Return to “RPG: Lost Humanity”