An odd encounter [Closed]

Open-ended and freestyle RPs with little moderation. Knock yourselves out. All new RPs will be taking place on this board!
Darthvegeta800

Re: An odd encounter [Private]

Post by Darthvegeta800 »

"I'm mostly assuming i don't like this one bit..." he replied and than headed to the bar. He opened a bottle and sniffed it.
"I can use a drink..." he said "And a bite to eat..." he glanced back at her as he sat down. "Want to look into this mess or shall we do what normal sane people usually do... run and not look back?" he asked with a tiny smile.
His long blonde hair, hung tied together over his back. The armored warrior took a new cup and put it in front of him.
"Order can only be achieved through the ruthless application of power. Therefore power is crucial to all those desiring to change the future. So I shall have power... by whatever means necessary"- Baron Magnus Thane

Baron Magnus Thane (New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery

In Free Adventures: Volk The Indomitable (Berserker), Magnus Thane (Marmo Warlord), Valerios (young Knight Errand)

Zira
Z's Account

Post by Zira »

Zira continued to examine the common room. "Well, I don't know about food. It might all be spoiled by now," she said. Sniffing the air, she sneered at the smell of meat rotting from the kitchen. Glancing toward Valerios, still with a distasteful expression, she answered his question; "I have nothing better to do, so if you want to investigate, I'll stick around with you."
“Give this some thought
And I'm sure you will know
This is the way it must be
Emotions will rise, Emotions will flow
You bring out the tears in me”

Zira (New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Avatar art by Onna-giri from this image.

Darthvegeta800

Post by Darthvegeta800 »

"Aah questing and getting in trouble while in charming company... always good" he said as he sniffed some wine and took a small sip. He finally took two glasses and poured them both one. "Here try this before we go stick our noses where it is undoubtably quite heroic but also seriously unsafe to put them".
"Order can only be achieved through the ruthless application of power. Therefore power is crucial to all those desiring to change the future. So I shall have power... by whatever means necessary"- Baron Magnus Thane

In Free Adventures: Volk The Indomitable (Berserker), Magnus Thane (Marmo Warlord), Valerios (young Knight Errand)

Zira
Z's Account

Post by Zira »

Zira took the offered glass and gave the wine a good olfactory and visual assessment before she took a sip. "I suppose I've been in worse situations," the dark elf chuckled. Looking into her glass again, a wry grin crossed her lips. "Now, you aren't trying to get me drunk just to take advantage of me?" she asked. It was quite a bold joke to make, but the potential reaction from him could be immensely amusing.
“Give this some thought

Darthvegeta800

Post by Darthvegeta800 »

He looked at the jar of wine and than back at her.
"With... 'this'?" he said. "Hardly... i'd use something stronger if i planned to do that. Preferably drugged" he gave her a dashing grin, playing along with her joke. And than he ducked. "DOWN!!!". A crossbowbolt slammed into the wall behind where Valerios had stood previously. The tin can he wore making quite some noise on impact. As he got up, there was the noise of someone rushing outside and his eyes met those of Zira.

Zira
Z's Account

Post by Zira »

Zira barely had a chance to get a good laugh out of his comment before he shouted his warning. She couldn't help but glance back over her shoulder to try and see what was happening, only to catch a figure with a crossbow and a bolt whizzing by her, aimed at Valerios. The dark elf dropped to a crouch, glancing toward the bolt embedded in the wall, then to the knight on the floor, and then to the person who fired.

"What in the name of Falis?" she murmured, then glanced back at Valerios before she was back on her feet and running toward the door to try and see where the assassin had gone to.
“Give this some thought

Darthvegeta800

Post by Darthvegeta800 »

Nothing! Absolutely nothing!
At least at first. From the rooftop came another crossbowbolt but Valerios pulled her behind the wall. "Cowards" he hissed. "No honor in guerrilla" he said "But regretfully quite effective" he said. "Sticking our heads outside might not be the best approach for now. Maybe we should explore this 'establishment' for ways out... and close doors behind us in case we're followed" the young Knight suggested, daring to take a peek at the door.

Zira
Z's Account

Post by Zira »

A blush of shame on her cheeks for nearly getting herself shot, Zira hugged close to the wall. "I can walk right out the front door without being seen if I want," she replied. A simple invisibility spell would do fine for that, but she'd have to let him work that into his tactics. "So, what do you want to do?"
“Give this some thought

Darthvegeta800

Post by Darthvegeta800 »

"You do know... you can leave. I will not hold it against you." he said "I'm not letting a lady risk her life for my sake" he said as his grip tightened around the hilt of his blade. "It would not be honorable" he said.
"As for me... there is no telling how many are out there. But i know that this shot came from across the street. So i will get him to shoot once more. And while he reloads i will move..." he said "Either to safety or to the building with the sniper" he said.
His stern features currently ressembled those of a stern, experienced and wise male knight but that impact was shattered as he gave her one of his inspiring smiles that underlined his youth. "Going invisible huh? Would've been a useful ability on plenty of occassions in my life" he said amused. "Less exciting than fighting past the problem though. But definitely life-prolonging.".

Zira
Z's Account

Post by Zira »

"Feh, you humans need to get rid of those silly notions of one gender being better than the other," Zira replied, rather annoyed with his comments. "I'm your comrade now, and the fact that I have breasts and no dangly-bits shouldn't make a difference."
“Give this some thought

Darthvegeta800

Post by Darthvegeta800 »

He blinked surprised at her mention of genitalia.
But finally nodded "Very well... as m'lady wishes. But no complaining afterwards if i decide to skip on chivalry along the way" he said "Use your magic trick and take a look at what opposition is out there, waiting for us"

Zira
Z's Account

Post by Zira »

Zira was rather amused by the momentary dumbfounded look he gave her at her comment, and she barely restrained a smirk. Knights could be so amusing when they weren't accustomed to mercenary humor.

The dark elf rose to stand straight, her back against the wall, the placed her fingers in front of her lips as a summoning gesture. "Spirits of invisibility, let thy form become my form," she spoke, and quickly, her form faded from sight until she was completely unseen. The only sign of her presence as she moved toward the door was the light sound of her foot falls, the shifting of the air, and her mild, somewhat sweet elven scent.
“Give this some thought

Darthvegeta800

Post by Darthvegeta800 »

Valerios watched with interest as she suddenly dissapeared. His hand moved forward to try and find her, brushing past some skin.
"Impressive..." he said. Moments later the Dark Elf had left for the exit.
"Be careful" he said before she stepped out, leaving only a lingering delightful perfume which shortly after faded.

Zira
Z's Account

Post by Zira »

OOC: I'm going to need a little information on what NPCs we're dealing with here. I'm too lazy/busy/uncertain about what you want to do to come up with it on my own. :P

Zira stalked out of inn, stepping lightly so as to not disturb the ground on which she walked to give away her position. Though she was invisible, there was still the potential for their enemy to know her abilities as a dark elf, or to even have a dark elf, or half-elf, in their band that could sense the concentration of invisibility spirits.

The dark elf intended to take care of the sniper who fired at them, but along the way, she scanned windows, crevices, yards, and rooftops for signs of other snipers.
“Give this some thought

Darthvegeta800

Post by Darthvegeta800 »

OOC: Np and sorry for my slowness, life has been hectic.
For the moment, there was no sign of life.
There was sudden movement at a window overhead as a crossbow was brought to the ready, aiming at the entrance from which Zira had come.
He was undoubtably not alone but she could not see anyone else for now.
Of course, if she wanted she could just walk away and not look back...

Inside Valerios did not risk peeking out. He was unsure on what to do next. Should he make a distraction, check the back after all? Or perhaps just stay put for a moment?

Return to “Adventures in Lodoss RPG”