(S02) Resuming his search (Shinning Hill)

Mage Jereidon Thappis sets out on his quest to find his long-lost little sister.
CANCELED
Katela el'Baran
Z's Account

Post by Katela el'Baran »

"Yeah, I don't know if I can bring myself to kill someone," Katela replied. "I know how to defend myself, but I don't know if I could really kill someone if I had to. I just hope it doesn't come to that."

The barmaid returned and set a steaming plate of potatoes, vegetables, and a big slice of bread in front of Katela. "Would ye like anything to drink with that?" the barmaid asked.

"Oh, could you refill my waterskin?" Katela asked, and handed the sack over to the woman.

"Of course," the barmaid took the waterskin and left for the kitchen again as Katela began to eat voraciously. After a long walk, she was starving.
Katela (Adventures in Lodoss) - Profile - Gallery

CrimsonJustice

Post by CrimsonJustice »

"I hope so too, I think that it is the law that should decide a criminals fate. Still part of me wants to kill them, though I'm not going to no matter what."

Jereidon replied after Katela started to eat, he wanted to see justice done in any way possible without death. Though he wondered, could it be avoided.

Katela el'Baran
Z's Account

"Yeah, let the law figure it out, because I don't want to!" Katela said around a mouthful of food. She was so hungry she didn't bother with manners. After swallowing, she added, in a much more serious tone, "But it looks like the law hasn't done much in this case."

The barmaid returned with Katela's waterskin. The half-elf thanked her and took a swig of water before put it back in her pack.

CrimsonJustice

Post by CrimsonJustice »

"There's nothing they could have done, normally attacks like that don't have any actual witnesses besides survivors. Unless we get them to confess, I doubt the law can do much."

Jereidon admitted in reply, knowing that them confessing was as likely as him picking up a sword and using it properly. He still hoped it woul dend without death, but then he always preferred peace to violence.

Katela el'Baran
Z's Account

"Well, at the very least, we could probably get them arrested under the accusation of being bandits. I don't know what sort of punishment Alania does--or whatever nation they're in," Katela replied, then continued eating.

CrimsonJustice

Post by CrimsonJustice »

"I doubt they'd see outside of a dungeon cell for a while, if there was proof they'd killed then I think they'd be executed for murder."

Jereidon finished his drink of tea after replying, he knew that she was most likely correct in her thought. Of course if that was the most probably outcome, he would have to accept it.

Tom

Post by Tom »

From the back of the bar came a gruff voice. "Hold still you! or I'll bash you with my mace and tend to your wounds anyway." The dwarf, Brynn, stood above a human with a gash on his forehead. The human was obviously drunk and didn't know what the dwarf was doing to him.

"Just lay there, dammit. You passed out and smucked your head. Your bleedin all over the bar, and I'd hate for these good folk to have to clean up after you."

The man reached up and touched his forehead. Pulling away a bloody hand, he fell into blissful unconciousness.

"There that's better." Brynn knelt next to the man, laying one hand upon the human's wound. Brynn looked up into the air and began to chant. "Let almighty Myree, heal your wounds." A soft glow flowed from Byrnn's hand into the man's skin, closing the wound.

Brynn stood up and looked at the bartender admonishingly. "You'll have to clean up his blood, but that's the price you pay for not cutting him off before he put himself into this position."

Katela el'Baran
Z's Account

Katela's ears perked at the commotion behind her. Turning in her seat, she looked back to see the dwarven priest healing a patron. "Hey, this might just be our lucky day. A warrior and cleric rolled into one!" she said to Jereidon. "Do you want to ask him to help us?"

CrimsonJustice

Post by CrimsonJustice »

Jereidon looked to where Katela had been looking after she spoke, seeing the dwarf he smiled and seemed happy.

"Of course Katela, perhaps these meetings aren't chance. I'll return in a moment, please feel free to join me."

He walked over to the dwarf and the bartender, considering he was right about the drunken man.

"Only a fool would treat his body this poorly, if this man wanted to drink like this then he is such. Would you like to join us at our table my friend, I have something I wish to discuss with you."

Pausing he realized he forgot to introduce himself, he hated when that happened since it was better to do so before speaking.

"Jereidon Thappis, travelling mage and seeker of knowledge."

Tom

Post by Tom »

"Brynn, wandering cleric of Myrii." the dwarf answered, wiping some of the drunk's blood off of his hand. He picked up his half eaten plate of food and mug of water. "Where are ya sittin. I don't have much in the the way of knowledge to share with you, unless you want to know about Myrii, or tricks to care for the wounded."

CrimsonJustice

Post by CrimsonJustice »

"Good meeting you Brynn, I hope that he will have learned his lesson. Right over there, the table with the woman and the cage under the chair. I thank you for your company, and I hope you will consider my words."

Jereidon led Brynn to the table and sat back down, looking to Katela and waiting for her to introduce herself.

Katela el'Baran
Z's Account

"Hi there!" The sunny little red-headed half-elf waved to Brynn. "I'm Katela. Who might you be?" she asked the dwarf.

Tom

Post by Tom »

The half elf's cheery greeting brought a broad smile to Brynn's face. "Brynn at your service." He gave a little bow himself, then uncerimoniously plopped his plate at an empty chair. "You two sure are an odd pair." Brynn said looking from the human to the half elf. Still smiling the same big smile, "I can tell just by the look of you, that adventure will follow the two of you around like a stray dog begging for food. Speaking of dogs, your pup under the table is bein' pretty quiet."

Brynn liked all manner of beasts, but as he bent over to examine the cage, he wasn't ready for what he saw.

CrimsonJustice

Post by CrimsonJustice »

Jereidon laughed a little and shook his head, that was the first time Neria had been called a dog. Looking to Brynn he clarified what Neria was, of course he hoped Brynn would not be too shocked.

"Neria is just a baby giant spider, she had been left abandoned and alone several months ago. Since then she has become my familiar, and she is quite tame I assure you."

Neria poked a leg out of the cage to investigate Brynn, she was curious as to him just like he was curious about her.

Tom

Post by Tom »

"YEARGH!" After the initial shock wore off, Brynn calmed down. "She'll have to forgive me if I don't get to cozy."

"Um, I think I may know what happened to her mother." He paused not wanting to upset the little monster. "You say several months ago... I was asked to go into some mines, to search for what they thought was a collapse. Turned out that the mine hadn't collapsed, but this one's mother had moved in and was living a life of liesure. What a better deal, her lunch ketp walking right to her." It was an odd topic for sure, and it didn't seem to bother the dwarf one bit talking about it. In fact as he spoke he popped a potato into his mouth, and continued with a mouthful of potato. "Well I'm no monster hunter, thats for sure. Soon as I saw the man in front of me get caught in the web, I had second thoughts." He popped another potato. "I grabbed that guy and pulled him free and high tailed it out of there."

Then in a lower voice, so that the spider below the table wouldn't hear. "They sent in a bunch of hunters after I came out, and they uh... they were successful." Brynn paused to let his story sink in.

Return to “RPG: Quest for Neria”