On the Road to Alania

Mage Jereidon Thappis sets out on his quest to find his long-lost little sister.
CANCELED
Katela el'Baran
Z's Account

On the Road to Alania

Post by Katela el'Baran »

Jereidon and his companions had walked from Shinning Hill until the sun began to set. This took them down from the city along the Shinning Hill road, onto the main road. They had crossed the bridge over the river late in the evening, and decided to camp next to the water for the night. The river was a busy waterway by day, but by night, once the Marmo ferry had returned to the island, it was quiet.

They set up their camp, and Katela gathered a few pieces of wood for the fire in the nearby woods. Once the fire was started, Katela collapsed onto her bedroll and looked up at the sky.

"Ahhh...I love camping out under the stars!" the half-elf proclaimed. However, it wasn't quite dark out, but a couple bright stars could be seen on the eastern horizon.

Tom

Post by Tom »

Brynn struggled with the removal of his armor. He could, if necessary, sleep in it, but it wasn't very comfortable. In cases such as these, where he felt safe, he could take it off and put it back on in the morning when he performed his daily rituals to Myree.

"Anyone care to give a dwarf a hand with his armor?" he asked looking to his three companions. "Just be warned, it's not going to smell to pretty after bein' on all day in the sun. I thought to take a quick bath in the river here."

CrimsonJustice

Post by CrimsonJustice »

"I'll lend you a hand, after all you were willing to help me out."

Jereidon walked over and helped Brynn, looking at the water and thinking that it did look pretty nice.

"I've handled bad smells before, some of my masters experiments did not turn out that good."

Tom

Post by Tom »

"Experiments, Hah!" Brynn guffawed. "You've never smelled sweaty dwarven full armor then." The dark haired dwarf smiled at Jereidon, but was he thankful for the assistance.

"I can't swim a lick, but I'm good as long as I can touch the ground and still breathe. Unfortunately there not much you can do for the insides of this stuff," he said referring to the armor. "Its not like you could take it in the water and scrub it out. I think it would rust. Some armor is conditioned for wet weather. I never had mine finished properly." Apparently Katela's enthusiasm had worn off on Brynn as he babbled away like a little hairy dwarf school girl with her friends.

Katela el'Baran
Z's Account

Katela giggled a little as Jereidon stuck himself with the reportedly smelly task. "Maybe a bath would be nice for us girls too," Katela said to Aquila. "After they finish, of course."
Katela (Adventures in Lodoss) - Profile - Gallery

Aquila

Post by Aquila »

A very light giggle emitted from Aquila's lips, but it was apparent that she didn't want anybody to hear it. Being on the road, walking around with the small group seemed to have tired her just a bit, but she wouldn't allow herself to tire so easily. Hearing Katela's words she nodded, a bath seemed to be a nice thought, considering it had been a good day for her too, even though she obviously hadn't done more than the others. It had been a hot day though and even though she was a girl, she too did sweat.

Brushing her bangs from her eyes she glanced around the area, trying to avoid watching Brynn as he bathed in the water. She turned around and glanced around the area, "Are we going to be sleeping in this area?" she asked, unsure if that had been said yet. It was obvious right then that she hadn't really paid too much attention to what had been going on around her.

Katela el'Baran
Z's Account

"Well, yeah, of course!" Katela said with a giggle. "Don't worry, I think we'll be safe. There are guards at the bridge, so I don't think that highwaymen will be a threat. Are you alright with that?"

Tom

Post by Tom »

The arduous, and smelly, process of removing Brynn's armor complete, he whole heartedly splashed around in the shallow part of the river, just deep enough to make sure everything private was kept private.

He decided to thank Myree by singing a song of prayer.

(Insert hymnn here)

It was loud and not sung very well, as Brynn was not a professional singer, but he continued anyway. His deep voice would be able to be heard for quite some distance away.

(OOC: Think Friar Tuck, in Robin Hood Prince of Thieves)

Aquila

Post by Aquila »

Aquila glanced towards Katela and nodded her head, another attempt for a warm smile becoming quite obvious, "Not a problem at all, I've slept in far more worse conditions than this." she replied. It wasn't that she was so worried about strangers coming that could possibly harm them, it was something else, but nothing she'd worry them with. Taking her honey blonde hair down from the single braided bun is was in, it seemed to just gracefully fall upon her bare shoulders. It actually felt nice taking her hair down, as she relied on herself to put it up, it wasn't exactly a comfortable process pulling tightly at your own hair.

Hearing Brynn's sing made her flinch just a bit, considering she hadn't expected the dwarf to sing while he bathed. Not in such a loud, off-tune melody. Aquila turned from the group and wandered a couple of feet away, examining the area to almost the fullest extent as possible. Something just seemed off with her though, but what else was new?

Katela el'Baran
Z's Account

Katela giggled at the dwarf's singing. The half-elf felt quite at ease surrounded by new friends who were in such high spirits. The mission she was on gave her a sense of purpose, and she felt fulfilled.

Seeing Aquila let down her hair, Katela decided to get to hop in the river after Brynn was done. The half-elf removed her armor--which, unlike Brynn's, didn't smell the least bit offensive. The breastplate was easily unhinged at the side and she dropped it in the sand. Next off were her boots and belt, then the shrug style jacket around her shoulders. She didn't bother to remove her circlet, but it wasn't going anywhere while wrapped around Katela's curly head.

The half-elf glanced back at Aquila as she walked away from camp. She seemed tense, despite Katela's assurances. "Hey Aquila, is something bothering you?" she called back.

Aquila

Post by Aquila »

Slowly turning her small, petite frame around to face Katela, she shook her head, "No, nothing at all. I'm just a little paranoid about meaningless things." she replied, noticing that Katela seemed to be ready to bathe once Brynn was done. Changing her direction, she found herself back with the small group of people. Aquila still hadn't been with them long enough to be able to explain things. Yes, she was a very weary person and the truth was that she couldn't be trusted too well. After all, a dancer with thief tendencies wasn't exactly the first person you'd want to hang around with. At least, nobody she'd known preferred her company all too well, except for her step-brother. He was left back at home though.

Truth was, she missed home. She'd been away for so long now, but she knew her father was out of the question. Aquila would have to get used to staying on her own for the rest of her life. It was just the matter of figuring out where she would actually fit in. No more home and probably no more Darik to depend on. It was just her and finding out her destiny in the world. Good or bad, unfortunately.

Absentmindedly, she took a strand of her loose hair and slowly twirled it around her index finger. Her gaze had simply been aimed towards the ground and she didn't seem to be blinking so much. It was obvious that she was thinking about something though.

Tom

Post by Tom »

"Ooo, Jereidon. I think the lovely ladies wish to join us?" Brynn chuckled misheviously. "There's plenty of water to go around. But someone should stay on shore to watch our things, in case someone would decide to st...." Brynn stopped in mid-word, realizing that he was about to say something that would probably hurt Aquila's feelings further. "To stop and admire them." He tried to correct, most likely unsuccessfully.

Brynn hadn't any soap to wash with, and the little bit of sand and mud he used to scrub with was just making him more dirty, so he headed back to shore and quidkly donned his priest's robe. That would allow his clothing and armor (along with himself) to dry out while he sat in the sun.

CrimsonJustice

Post by CrimsonJustice »

The smell had been slightly worse than his masters biggest failure, but then he was not going to be deterred. Once it was off and he was cleaning up himself he listened to Brynn, the hymn sounded pleasant.

"By all means, they're welcome to join us. If they wish to, the first one out of the two of us watches the clothing then."

Katela el'Baran
Z's Account

"No chance boys!" Katela called out, hands on her hips. The thought of a unisex bath was a little uncomfortable for Katela, but she played off her discomfort with a little bit of humor. "We girls need our privacy, you know!"

Aquila

Post by Aquila »

Brynn's words had really gotten to her after a while, considering she knew what he was really going to say. Yes, she did steal. There was no getting over that fact and the actual possibility of her quitting the useful habit though, even though it just made others think low of her. Of course, by now she was quite used to the whole scenario. Aquila had forced a smile though, a quick chuckle following.

Of course, about them joining the males, Aquila too wasn't quick to agree to the idea either. She too didn't really like the idea of unisex bathing. Wasn't too unusual though, considering she was still quite a young one. Shaking her head, she just took a seat down on the hard, dirt ground and glanced around, "I think I'll leave you two be alone, until you are done with your own business." she randomly called out. However, by that time Brynn had already made his way out of the water and Jereidon was the only one left of the two.

Return to “RPG: Quest for Neria”