On the Road to Alania

Mage Jereidon Thappis sets out on his quest to find his long-lost little sister.
CANCELED
Tom

Post by Tom »

"Oh c'mon. You gals don't have anything this old dwarf hasn't seen before." He smiled at Katela and Aquila mischeviously. "Although it has been some time, and that was an old dwarf woman..." his words trailed off, as he looked to the sky as if trying to pull back some far away memory.

He then suddenly started laughing. "I'm just teasin of course. I'm all done here, just gotta dry off until I can shake the dirt off."

Brynn sloshed out of the river and sat on a stump next to his gear making sure his loin cloth remained in position until he was sure that the angle to the girls wasn't revealing anything untowards.

Katela el'Baran
Z's Account

Post by Katela el'Baran »

Katela plopped down on the ground near Aquila and waited for the men to finish up. The girl's presence was cold and distant, but Katela was doing her best to offer her a branch of friendship. She knew it would take time for Aquila to open up to her, so it would probably be a slow process. As a half-elf, Katela knew how to be patient to solve her puzzles.

Aquila

Post by Aquila »

Unfortunately, Aquila had been caught up with her own thoughts to fully hear what Brynn had told them. Her gaze drifted from the cold ground, towards the darkening sky. The bad thing about her was that she was just quiet, with nothing to say half the time. Well, nothing she wanted to bother talking about. Life seemed so much easier that way; staying quiet, being the person pushed to the outside of a group and not minding one bit, instead just leaving from everybody. She'd been like that for years now, but it was something that was almost expected from her, if somebody could've actually had the chance to befriend the young girl.

It seemed too that she was going through several mood swings, considering earlier on she'd been much kinder to the others. Now she was just off in her own world and she honestly did appear to be cold. Everybody had been so nice to her, but her problem was trying to figure out the art of kindness. She hadn't known it for a couple of months, it had almost just left her completely.

CrimsonJustice

Post by CrimsonJustice »

Jereidon quickly and quietly finished up, not wanting to waste too much time. Once he was finished and dressed, he looked at the women. "Sorry for taking so long, the river is all yours ladies." He then bowed lightly and looked to Brynn, since they both were out they could finish setting up camp.

Katela el'Baran
Z's Account

"'bout time," Katela replied to Jereidon in jest. The half-elf then hopped to her feet and dusted herself off. "Let's find a spot a little upstream," Katela said to Aquila as she began to walk down to the bank. "I'll try and warm the water up a bit."
Katela (Adventures in Lodoss) - Profile - Gallery

Tom

Post by Tom »

"Ha!" Brynn gaffawed. "You must think you're pretty hot stuff, if you think you're gonna warm up the whole river!" The dwarf shouted out to Katela in jest as she headed off.

Brynn looked to where Aquila was standing in her funk. "We promise to get you a hot bath at the next available inn. Something a little more comfortable that the chilly river. Its just you can't pass up a good cleaning every now and again, especially when you're on the road." The dwarf misinterpreted her melancholy as not wanting to go into the very open space of a river to clean herself.

Aquila

Post by Aquila »

Brynn's comment towards Katela made Aquila chuckle, but she did seem to find it quite amusing. Of course, she was curious as to how Katela would end up warming up the stream, but she was also quite unaware of what the half-elf could do too. Aquila had never grown up around them, merely commoners than anything, so most of everything going on around her now, she hadn't truly ever experienced before.

Finally decided to get up, she hoisted her small frame up and watched Katela walk towards a further spot from the two males. Hearing Brynn speak, she shook her head, "I'm used to not being in a hot bath most of the time. I haven't experienced such a thing in a while now, it almost appears to be non-existent." she replied, attempting to make it sound as nice as possible. Aquila flashed a smile towards the males, "I guess we'll see you two in a bit though." she stated, her pace quickening to catch up with Katela.

Tom

Post by Tom »

Looking to where Jereidon was preparing camp, Brynn asked some more questions of the man.

"What do you remember of the night that your parents and sister went missing? Any information may help us track down the varments that attacked you. Was it an ambush? As if they were waiting for travelers to get to a certain spot? Can you recall how many of them there were, or if they called each other by any names?"

Brynn knew he was going to overwhelm the young man, but they needed to start thinking about how they were going to find the human male's sister. Luck would only take them so far.

Katela el'Baran
Z's Account

Aquila wrote:Brynn's comment towards Katela made Aquila chuckle, but she did seem to find it quite amusing. Of course, she was curious as to how Katela would end up warming up the stream, but she was also quite unaware of what the half-elf could do too. Aquila had never grown up around them, merely commoners than anything, so most of everything going on around her now, she hadn't truly ever experienced before.

Finally decided to get up, she hoisted her small frame up and watched Katela walk towards a further spot from the two males. Hearing Brynn speak, she shook her head, "I'm used to not being in a hot bath most of the time. I haven't experienced such a thing in a while now, it almost appears to be non-existent." she replied, attempting to make it sound as nice as possible. Aquila flashed a smile towards the males, "I guess we'll see you two in a bit though." she stated, her pace quickening to catch up with Katela.

Katela led Aquila down to a suitable place in the river, then stripped off her clothes quickly on the bank. The half-elf stepped into the water, shivering at the chill, but she would soon fix that. "Sister Undine, great spirit of the water. Do me this small favor and bring me your warm currents," Katela spoke, holding her hands over the water.

The spirits answered the young shaman's request and more comfortable currents began to swirl around her legs. Katela walked a little further into the river until she was up to her shoulders. "Well, it's not a hot bath, but it's not freezing either!" Katela called back to Aquila. "Come on in."

CrimsonJustice

Post by CrimsonJustice »

Jereidon listened to Brynn and thought, he might have heard something from the person sent with the message. "I wasn't there, I recieved the news soon after it happened. My father had a bloody dagger in his hands I was told, and the man who had the pendant when I was attacked was missing an eye. His name was Bowrin I believe, and he had alot of scars." He gave him what he knew, about then and about the attack he found the pendant in. If the two were the same people, then he would do what he could to stop them.

Tom

Post by Tom »

"A name, thats a very good start." Brynn answered. "Although its probably not a good idea to start asking around for such a vicious criminal right off the bat. That would likely draw attention we don't want or cause the man to go into hiding."

The dwarf thought for moment. "Do you know what happened to the dagger? There are certain spells that a person may perform to get impressions off of items." As a priest of Myrii, this was not something Brynn could do, but perhaps Jereidon's friend had such a spell, or knew of someone who did. "If we could track down the dagger, we would most assuredly get the violent deaths that it caused."

"I have also heard tales of wizards able to stare into crystal balls to see items far away." Brynn was pretty much brainstorming out loud, but Jereidon may have a clue of where they could find a wizard that could do the things he had heard about. "If you described something to them, they could get images of where it currently is by looking into a crystal ball or a clear pool of water. We could use this to find the pendant."

It wasn't as if Brynn was afraid of meeting this Bowrin, but the fact that the villain had alot of scars could mean that he was quite tough. If their small band gained a little experience before taking him on, that would probably be for the best. That and they could always go hire that mercenary they had talked about.

CrimsonJustice

Post by CrimsonJustice »

Jereidon paused and thought for a moment, going back through his memories of that day. The only piece of evidence had been kept safe, and preserved as best it could be. "I know, Bowrin probably had no clue why I took the pendant. I'll heed your advice, and proceed carefully. As for the dagger, it would have probably been kept by the village magistrate. I can't recall his name right now, but he was a reliable man."

Brynn's second idea made things seem more feasible, his master could be of use there. He would know someone, after all he chose to live alone to work in peace. "Let's talk to Darjis. he'll know someone. Maybe the pendant could be read too, once located." He then resumed working, trying to remember more details, so their search could be narrowed down even more. Neria spent this time hunting for game, enough for them and for her. She was happy right now, and making the odd appearance after setting up some webs to trap small game.

Tom

Post by Tom »

A shiver ran up Brynn's spine as he watched the giant spider work on its web, and then sit silently waiting for prey. He couldn't help but picture the poor little rabbit or squirrel that would get caught in her web and be her next meal. Truthfully it was really no different than a person setting a snare for hunting the small game, but for some reason, the spider sitting there was more sinister.

"How long ago was the attack?" Brynn asked, even though Jereidon had probably already told him. "The authorities may not have kept the dagger. If they are not looking in to it anymore, it would just be in their way."

CrimsonJustice

Post by CrimsonJustice »

"This happened eight years ago, that dagger could be anywhere then. Let's try that first, then if that fails find a wizard who can scry. I understand what your saying, I can't give up on any possible leads though." Jereidon replied with confidence, this was a search that had only memory and circumstance behind it. Still as long as him and his companions believed it was possible, then there was a way. "I don't know how to repay you all when this is over, but I intend to."

Tom

Post by Tom »

"REPAY!" Brynn was shocked. "Are ya daft? None of us here so far have asked for any type of payment. It seems Katela and I both are in this to find a girl who was abducted many years ago, safely returned to her family. And for Aquila it is a second chance at an honest life."

The gray haired dwarf shook his head while he helped make camp. "I will accept no payment at any time. If you want to pay for my lodging and meals while we are together, then I won't refuse that. But that as well will only go so far. If I feel that I have become a burden upon you're pocket book, then we will find another way to pay. This is the way that I live my life and will not be changed."

The rest of Brynn's speech was lost to grumbling, the only clear words every now and again were "foolish boy."

Return to “RPG: Quest for Neria”