On the Road to Alania

Mage Jereidon Thappis sets out on his quest to find his long-lost little sister.
CANCELED
Aquila

Post by Aquila »

Katela el'Baran wrote:Katela led Aquila down to a suitable place in the river, then stripped off her clothes quickly on the bank. The half-elf stepped into the water, shivering at the chill, but she would soon fix that. "Sister Undine, great spirit of the water. Do me this small favor and bring me your warm currents," Katela spoke, holding her hands over the water.

The spirits answered the young shaman's request and more comfortable currents began to swirl around her legs. Katela walked a little further into the river until she was up to her shoulders. "Well, it's not a hot bath, but it's not freezing either!" Katela called back to Aquila. "Come on in."

Aquila had started to strip of her own clothes, though there truthfully wasn't too much to worry about. She'd never had much of a sense of clothing and well, the only thing she was glad for was the coverage of the clothing, even though it still was quite inappropriate in some ways. Neatly making a pile of her own clothes, she listened quietly to Katela as she spoke the first time. She'd honestly never heard anything of what the half-elf was basically chanting. Of course, for just a traveling bard, Aquila didn't find it very weird, considering she'd heard and seen a lot of unusual things. She was still having a hard time adjusting though, honestly.

Hearing Katela talking to her, she jumped a bit, then quickly turned around with a nervous smile. Slowly walking that way she poked her toes into the shallow bit of the water and wiggled them around. At first it was a little bit of a surprise to her. It was actually warm, not cold like you would have usually felt. Katela truly had magical abilities. That seemed to have intrigued the young girl quite a bit. Aquila walked further into the water, being careful to not walk out too far. Considering she was rather short, going into water without being cautious usually caught her most of the time. It was quite refreshing, considering she'd been wiping off with basically a rag and some water. The poor girl hadn't seen a bath for a couple of days, so this was a magnificent feeling.

"Wow, this is amazing." she stated, looking in Katela's direction. It seemed a lot warmer to her than what Katela was pursuing, but of course cold stream water tended to usually be considerably cold. A warm smile pranced upon Aquila's lips as she splashed around a bit and wiped off her shoulders and arms, "Seems pretty warm to me though, good job, Katela." she shortly praised.

Katela el'Baran
Z's Account

Post by Katela el'Baran »

Katela grinned. "Don't thank me, thank Undine," she said. The half-elf then plugged her nose and dunked her head under water to wet her hair. After a moment, she popped back up and tossed her curls about, then began to rub her arms clean.

As she washed, her eyes wandered over to Aquila and she noticed a rather nasty scar on the girl's chest. With a frown, she had to ask; "What happened there?"
Katela (Adventures in Lodoss) - Profile - Gallery

Aquila

Post by Aquila »

Aquila smiled, "Well, of course I have to thank Undine, but I honestly haven't got a clue as to how that would be possible, but, thank you Undine." she said, her thanks being said plainly into the moist air. She laughed at Katela as she dunked her hair, but it wasn't long before Aquila had done the same thing. Of course, she would've settled for splashing some water into her hair, but it would've taken a while longer.

The girl had almost completely forgotten about her scars, considering she never though much of them in the first place. Though, since the scar on her back was hidden most of the time, as well as turned, it was obviously the one on her chest. Aquila thought back to that night, wincing at the remembrance of the wound. Shaking her head, she sighed, looking down at the scarred part of her bust, "Eh, nothing important. Just an injury I got. Silly kids do silly things to get punished." she replied, shrugging it off. Though, she was positive such an answer wouldn't slide by as well as she wanted it.

"Think the boys are doing some useful back at camp?" she asked, trying to switch the topic from her past injuries to something that would hopefully create a laugh at the thoughts.

CrimsonJustice

Post by CrimsonJustice »

Jereidon listened and replied with a light laugh, he had meant in a more humble way. "Once we're reunited I was thinking of settling down to my scholarly whims, you'd find a bed, good company, good drink, and a warm meal waiting if you ever came by then." He would always be hospitable to old friends and allies, and his search had found such people. Neria returned with some rabbits tied by the feet, enough for everyone to eat. After that she returned to getting meals for herself, while Jereidon started to work on them. "Anyways, let's just focus on the task at hand." He hated the task of handling game, but he had to learn it helping his master cook.

Tom

Post by Tom »

"At least you're optimistic about finding her well." Brynn smiled.

"Err, how does your little pet catch the rabbits?" Brynn asked with a worried look on his face. "Are they safe to eat after they'd been bitten by her?" Brynn wasn't trying to be mean, but he was honestly worried that the spider's venom may be ingested by their little group. Of course he was sure the Jereidon had eaten her booty before, but perhaps he had grown a tolerance or maybe they had some kind of magical bond that protected him from her venom.

Katela el'Baran
Z's Account

Aquila wrote:"Think the boys are doing some useful back at camp?" she asked, trying to switch the topic from her past injuries to something that would hopefully create a laugh at the thoughts.

Katela could tell Aquila was trying to change the subject, but she was far too curious to let something like that go. "Punished? That looks like a pretty extreme punishment..." Katela commented.

Aquila

Post by Aquila »

Aquila nodded in agreement, "Very true, but I guess I did deserve it though. At least, that's what my father always told me." the said, the last part lowering to a mere whisper. Truthfully, she hadn't done anything wrong to deserve such abuse, but for the fact she'd lived with it for so long it was just like a punishment for her. Ever since she was a little girl, her father had always blamed her for the death of her mother and well, Aquila had soon just went through with that.

"Sorry, I don't come right out with things." she spilled. That was the truth, but no further she would continue on. Bringing up the past always made Aquila uncomfortable and she dreaded having to explains things to people, especially when her father had been the one to cause the scars from the beginning. Slowly shimmying under the water, she soaked her hair with the warm water, then looked towards Katela once more, "Have you never been punished like that before? I was always told that I had it far more better than most kids at that time. Was I being lied to?" she questioned, a puzzled look soon coming in the play amongst her emotional features.

Katela el'Baran
Z's Account

"I can't imagine what would make a normal parent cause such a horrible wound to their own child," Katela replied. She was so wrapped up in worrying about Aquila, she didn't bother with washing, she just sat in the water. "Yes, I think you were. The worst I ever got was a spanking when I was a child."

Aquila

Post by Aquila »

She didn't even know where to begin with anything else. It was quite depressing that her whole childhood had been a lie, as well as her early teenage years. Although it was nothing surprising for her, she just hated everything from her past. Aquila often thought of how her life would've been if her mother hadn't died giving birth to her, maybe she'd be back at home, enjoying her life to this moment in time. Alas, that would never happen and imagining it wouldn't make the impossible happen.

"I wish I would've just got a spanking my whole life. Only got one or two and then everything else was downhill from there. I spent most of my time learning how to dance, honestly. Always tried to stay out of the house, away from--" she suddenly stopped. Although she hated her father with no thoughts given about it, she wasn't about to say who had done the dirty deed. Aquila shrugged her shoulders, "Well, the deed has been done, unfortunately. I hope that soon the abuser will get the much needed revenge." she babbled on. After those words, she silenced herself.

Katela el'Baran
Z's Account

"Well, at least you're free of it now," Katela said, putting a bright smile. However, underneath it, she was still feeling sorry for Aquila. It was obvious that Aquila didn't want to talk about her past, and Katela felt bad for pushing the issue. She could only look to the future, and hoped that his adventure could be a positive experience for her new friend.

"I think I'm clean," Katela said, then swam a little to the shore before climbing out of the river. "Hmph...nothing to dry off with," she noted, then tossed her head to shake out the excess water and began to dress again.

Aquila

Post by Aquila »

Emitting a faint sigh, she nodded slowly, "I guess so. Can't help myself from worrying about it all though. Maybe I really just need a fresh start at life, but that seems far fetched to me at this point in time. When I was little, I had always wished that I could have a big, loving family, but I was stuck with an unloving family. My step-mother might as well have been killed, along with my father and step-sister. They were all nasty to me, except for my step-brother. I miss him very much." she said, though it truly was the beginning of a sob story. Aquila thought about it for a moment, then wondered if she'd ever told anybody the whole story, if they'd actually believe her. For so long, she'd lied about things and stolen several people's pricey items, as well as their money too.

Aquila nodded her head in agreement, "I'd assume I'm clean too, my hands are starting to look like a prune." she said, giggling as she held them up. Instead of swimming, she chose to walk out of the warm body of water, spotting her clothes. Hearing Katela she chuckled, "Well, a moment I hadn't prepared for. It'll be alright, I have a night shirt to wear for myself. Though, my clothes will dry too." she said, taking her top and hoisting it over her head. She got dressed in a jiffy, her hair still dripping wet.

"I wondered what's been going on at the camp." she said, slowly starting off in that direction.

Katela el'Baran
Z's Account

Despite the abuse Aquila seemed to have suffered, she still giggled and went about life. Katela supposed that when you were accustomed to something, you just learned to accept it instead of dwelling on it. She smiled at the thought.

"Hopefully they've been doing something useful, like making dinner," Katela said with a grin. "I'm starved!"

Aquila

Post by Aquila »

Aquila looked to Katela with a grin and a nod, giving a quick rub to her grumbling stomach, "Oh, I hear ya. I'm hungry too, so lets just hope something has been done." she said, twirling her damp patches of hair. It looked rather funny, now that is was getting ready to dry and there wasn't so much excess water dripping from the ends.

Katela el'Baran
Z's Account

Once Aquila dressed, Katela turned back toward camp. "Let's go!" she said, trudging onward up the riverbank.

As the girls arrived back at the campsite, they found Jereidon and Brynn sitting around, doing nothing and no food to be found. "Hey, what were you two doing, sitting here twiddling your thumbs? We're starving!" Katela said, half-serious, and half-teasing.

Tom

Post by Tom »

"What'd ya think those rabbits are lying there." Brynn jibbed back. "Our wizardly companion even skinned them for ya." "Sitting here doin nothing, bah!" Of course Brynn was just sitting there doing nothing while Jeriedon did all the work, but it was a group comment.

The grumbling dwarf got up and stretched his stocky frame. "I suppose we'll need a small fire to cook them on." He walked over to his pack and drew out a flint and steel, carrying them over to a sandy area that would make a good fire pit with a little work. He tucked his tools into his broad belt and began to move some rocks forming a circle. It was obvious that this area had been used before for this purpose, because he didn't have to go far to find the correct sized stones for a fire wall.

"We'll need some fire wood, If you're done standing around watchin us men work." Brynn called to Katela."

Return to “RPG: Quest for Neria”