The Copper Bucket Inn

Mage Bastion Ulbrecht unleashed a demon upon Lodoss and now he must hunt it down and send it back to where it belongs.
CLOSED
xeonith

Re: The Copper Bucket Inn

Post by xeonith »

The feeling of nervousness was always there when people she didn’t know at all got involved, flash backs of her mentor being killed by a supposed friend came back to her mind. Sensing its mistress’s distress Twilights Redemption resonated slightly in its sheath.

Rettick blushed a bit and stammered, “I don’t rightly know where…”

Having kept her silence through the barrage of introductions and confusion of the last few minutes Alleria decided to finally speak up. “To answer your question as to where to look, I guess a good location to start would be the docks. That’s where we ran into trouble in the first place, I’m sure we could find something out down there.”

She thought for a moment. “Unless someone would have a better suggestion perhaps? Besides if they are moving their slaves via ship at all we may get lucky and find Gerne’s granddaughter then.”

Ooc: HOLY CRAP lots to sort out! Sorry for my long absence I should be able to post more often now that I worked out a system with Jess. As usual I will post Rettick in blue and Alleria in black so its easier to keep track of when I end up posting for both lol.
The Sea of Souls Cries for Those That Are Lost.

Aelis* (Kidnapped Princess/New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Alleria (Bastion's Demons) - Profile - Gallery
Gregory (Search for Nat) - Profile - Gallery

Bundesphar

Post by Bundesphar »

"Ah." Bastion nodded to the other woman. "So you've all run into trouble already? Were the thugs looking to take any captives? If so, I'd say that's our best bet."
"Truth, writ in Blood"-motto of the Band of Iron

Bastion Ulbrecht (Bastion's Demons) - Profile - Gallery
Gaidrich Kaitar (Kidnapped Princess/New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery

Dead Midas

Post by Dead Midas »

Edric began to understand the situation as the conversation unfolded. So, they're gonna try to get someone out, huh? He thought for a moment. It was quite righteous of them, and they had the right idea, but it just wasn't in his best interest to put himself in that kind of danger. However, he couldn't help but feel the urge to help somehow. Perhaps..., he pondered, staying with these people might not get me hurt after all. I'm in enough trouble as it is, and these guys look strong enough to protect me if they think I'm an ally.

"Uh, yeah," Edric chimmed in, nodding his head in agreement to the proposal, "I've seen plenty of suspicious looking people pass in and out of the docks. If there's any trouble, or someone you're looking for, I just know you can find it there! I've been there plenty of times, I bet I could show you--"

He stopped himself, broken by his own thoughts. As he spoke, he had suddenly remembered they thought he was a child. They would never take me along! What am I thinking? Besides, I'm sure I'll only get in their way...What do I do now?

"Er, nothing," He averted his eyes for a moment, but somehow they lingered back to look up at the mage. "Go on."
Edric (Bastion's Demons) - Profile - Gallery
Snowe (New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery

Bundesphar

Post by Bundesphar »

Bastion watched the child intently. There was something very strange about this youngster. It might have just been precociousness, but something inside told the mage it was more then that, though he couldn't decide what exactly.

Bastion shook himself, suddenly aware that he'd been staring hard at the boy. "No, please continue." he said with a incouraging smile. "If you think you know where these slavers hide, we'd like to hear it." The mage glanced around the table for conformation of his words.

Dead Midas

Post by Dead Midas »

Edric was caught a little off guard by the mage. He had not anticipated any of them to take him seriously. Despite himself, Edric continued, looking up at the mage with wide eyes, a bit hesitant as he spoke, "Well, in that case--" He paused for a moment to gather his thoughts and recall exactly what to say, "I've seen certain people before, sometimes they're not always the same, but there plenty of suspicious people I've seen coming in and out of the docks doing some shady business. They don't always go to the exact same place, or at least they don't always take the same route, but I'd certainly recognize 'em if we happen to find 'em. I can point one out to you at the docks, if you want."
Edric then stopped himself, waiting to see if his words were sufficient enough to be taken in and considered. He panned the group with a glance, returning his gaze to the mage once again.

Bundesphar

Post by Bundesphar »

"Thank you, young man." Bastion said, eyes far away as he thought. Obviously any large city had its share of undesireables, and Raiden likely had more then most. Still... "Could any of you recall the faces of the trouble you ran into if you saw them again?" the mage asked his tablemates.

Centauress Cissiria
Z's Account

Post by Centauress Cissiria »

Cissiria recalled her memory of her attempted capture, trying to remember any faces. "Maybe..." the centauress said. "But sometimes I have a hard time telling humans apart...no offense..." She blushed and looked down to the floor. As she turned her attention away from people, she began to feel her claustrophobia coming back. This room was oppressive and it made her skin crawl with anxiety, so she was looking forward to getting this search underway as soon as possible.
Cissiria (Bastion's Demons) - Profile - Gallery

Bundesphar

Post by Bundesphar »

Bastion smiled at Cissiria. "No offense taken, Milady. I personally don't blame you if humans run together in your mind. There certainly are enough of us." The mage cocked his head at the centaur. She seemed uncomfortable. "Are you unwell, Milady? You look a little peaked."

Centauress Cissiria
Z's Account

Cissiria gave a meek smile. "Enclosed spaces are not ideal for my kind," she replied to Bastion. "I suppose I just cannot tolerate it much longer."

Bundesphar

Post by Bundesphar »

"Ah, of course. Silly of me not to know that, Milady. My knowledge of your people is sadly lacking, but I do know that you are children of the natural world. Well then!" Bastion stood up from the table and rubbed his hands. "I think we have a plan. As soon as everyone's ready, let us make for the docks!"

Centauress Cissiria
Z's Account

"Yes, lets," Cissiria replied, her smile turning from awkward to eager. It was curious though, she felt just fine a moment ago, but the claustrophobia had just begun creeping back. It all felt better when... When Alleria had assured her she was safe. There was something odd about that, now that she thought back on it.

Dead Midas

Post by Dead Midas »

"Uh--yeah!" Edric nodded in reply to Bastion's proposal. He had become preoccupied in examining the centauress. To see one in the flesh for the first time was a bizarre sight in itself, but her behavior had begun to absorb his interest and intrigue him even more. He didn't know anything about them in the first place, but Edric had to agree with the mage, which made him realize just how little he knew about the world beyond his tribe and the world of men. Even now, he was still in the process of understanding humans. He had felt threatened by Cissiria's presence only moments ago, but somehow Edric had aclimated to the occasion and slowly became more comfortable with it. Even the goblin seemed a little less frightening, even after the few minutes he had spent in the company of these new people. As he watched Cissiria now, he felt a very slight change in him; A change that would begin to spark and flicker with a dim, delicate flame, even if he wasn't quite aware of it yet.

xeonith

Post by xeonith »

As the group began to stand up Alleria regained her composure and realized that her slight concentration had waiver. Cissiria was back to feeling the enclosure pressing in on her again. She moved back over to the centauress putting her arm around her waist she decided with this many people around it would be better to be more subtle.

“Looks like this may be a bit grander of a rescue than we first thought?” Alleria said to her while weaving a slight bit of magic into her voice making it more melodic. It was a voice she had used to make men’s hearts melt in the past but she had no idea how it would work on Cissiria.

Afterwards Alleria was surprised at her own actions. Why do I feel so drawn to this young girl and why do I actually feel comfortable around this group that I hardly know?

“I do have one question for you though my little friend? You seem quite articulate for one so young, perhaps you could tell us a little about yourself while we walk to the docks?” She said with a disarming smile hoping she wouldn’t come across as nosey.
The Sea of Souls Cries for Those That Are Lost.

Aelis* (Kidnapped Princess/New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Alleria (Bastion's Demons) - Profile - Gallery
Gregory (Search for Nat) - Profile - Gallery

Bundesphar

Post by Bundesphar »

Bastion watched Alleria give Cissiria a supporting arm with a smile on his face. The mage was about to comment on his luck at encountering such a clearly closely knit group when a tingle ran across the back of his neck. He flinched and glanced around, but no one was close behind him. With a shrug, Bastion turned his attention back to his group. I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds this boy strange. he thought as he waited for the child to respond.

Dead Midas

Post by Dead Midas »

"Oh! Ah..." Edric was torn and panicking inside now, though he did his best not to let it show. He was between a rock and a hard place; at this point, telling the truth that he wasn't a child would simply compromise their trust in him. But on the other hand, if he went on telling them he was a child and they found out later on, they would be even more distrusting of him. What a miserable moment to be alive! he thought. Even if he did tell the truth now, what if any of them had heard of his doings in the city? There were not many people who hated him, or at least that he knew of, but those who did were quite bent on his destruction. After much inner conflict, with a heavy heart he decided his best option was to tell the truth and take the consequences before any other trouble begins.

"You see, I--" he took a deep breath and continued, "I haven't been entirely truthful with you all. I'm not really what you think I am. I'm--"
Edric choked up. He couldn't quite bring himself to say it. Even though he wanted so much to speak the truth, his lips just couldn't help but speak lies. Something in him had agreed to continue lying, and there didn't seem to be much he could do about it now. He decided to tell a lie; an extravagent lie. He only prayed his lies would shield him the way they always have.

Edric reached up and brushed his loose hair back, exposing his small, but quite visible pointed ears.
"I'm a half elf. My mother died and my father is a merchant. I lost him when we came here to Raiden for a business trip some time ago. I don't know, but I think he might be dead. He does trades with shady people sometimes, but I don't wanna leave the city incase he might be alive and looking for me, so I've been living here alone waiting for him."
Edric immediately felt awful; stupid and embarrassed that he had even thought to say such a thing, but a part of him was relieved; He didn't like to lie all the time, but it didn't seem quite as bad, since half of what he said was true. I'm just...bending the truth a little--that's all! He told himself, but deep down, he knew it was a blatant lie, and a dreadful thing to be decieving these nice people like this, but the coward in him needed some false facade to hide behind.

Return to “RPG: Bastion's Demons”