Preparing to Set Out

The village of Ales on the outskirts of Kanon and Valis has been taken over by a cult of Baylos. As the village has no nation to protect them, they are counting on mercenaries to save them.
CANCELED
Fantasy

Re: Preparing to Set Out

Post by Fantasy »

Traditional Family? Mother and Father? Flora looked down as the thoughts pass through her mind. "I haven't seen my parents in a while... A very long while," she said as she looked out the window. "I grew up in the care of my grandmother." The girl looked pack at them and smiled. "What about you two, or three?" She asked as she slightly looked at Veriss then at her hands resting on her lap.
Alina Rose (Building an Empire at Sea) - Profile - Gallery
Amara Amaria (Search for Nat) - Profile - Gallery
Flora (Trials of the Half-Elven/Liberation of Ales) - Profile - Gallery
Lanir* (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Linda Purel (New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery

Alera Tai'var

Post by Alera Tai'var »

Veriss took a sharp breath at the question. Her fist under the table clenched and shook and she had to work to stare ahead. Even then, strong willed as she was, the images snuck into the corners of her vision: the way her mother's fingers twitched, how the colors mixed on her nightgown, the curl of her brother's lips. The cold air that came from the windows that night stroked her skin even to this day.

An itch began at the tips of her fingers. It began to spread through her hands. They wanted something in them, something to squeeze. Something to choke the life out of. The venom pulsed through her veins, excited her muscles, made them burn.

Veriss closed her eyes, willed it back. Though she could not quench the flame that seared her insides, she stifled it, suffocated it, let it die by giving it nothing to feed on. In a moment, it was only embers, tickling the palm of her hand. The cold that inhabited her was preserved.

At last, Veriss looked up to Flora, her eyes deathly empty. "They're dead." Her words were as empty as her eyes.
I'm OCD for EKD!

Carianna Mareleth (Cian's Quest) - Profile - Gallery
Grennith (New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Itoya* (New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Jeren Octavian Aldener (Search for Nat) - Profile - Gallery
Jleslie "Rose" Seif (A New Balance) - Profile - Gallery
Orion* (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Rone Kalmaine (Vampire Hunt) - Profile - Gallery
Desmond "Rory" D'Angelline (Adventures in Lodoss) - Profile - Gallery
Terelyn "Crimson Corsair" Tai'var (Building an Empire at Sea) - Profile - Gallery
Veriss Trelem (Liberation of Ales) - Profile - Gallery
Yrsanne* (Hunt for Kiran) - Profile - Gallery
Zylanthian Baratoice (Lost Humanity) - Profile - Gallery

Priestess Lianora
Z's Account

Post by Priestess Lianora »

Lianora felt that chill up her spine again as Flora directed her question at Veriss. Now the priestess was definitely curious about this woman; she had to know what was causing this feeling... For now though, she though it best to continue with the conversation as if nothing happened. "I'm sorry to hear that," Lianora replied, offering the large woman a small comforting smile. She was tempted to delve deeper, to find out what happened, but she really didn't want to feel that chill again. Maybe I should just change the subject... she thought. Turning back to Flora, she offered a bit of her own history. "Well, I was born to the consort of a lord. I never met my father, but he kept us living in style, due to the generous stipends he paid my mother for her silence," Lianora explained with a wink.
Lianora (Liberation of Ales) - Profile - Gallery

Random NPC

Post by Random NPC »

As the group talked, one of the hired men, Cayden, came from the guild rooms upstairs, stretching and yawning as he did. "'Morning folks," he said as he saw his co-workers waiting at a table in the lobby. Only a few of them were gathered, and he was surprised he didn't see the old man yet. Pulling out a seat beside Niklas, he plopped into it. He didn't say anything more, to avoid interrupting their conversations.
Last edited by Z on Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Ayen is considering abandoning Sohe, or picking him up in a few weeks if he regains his feel for the character, so I'm deleting my post for him.

Fantasy

Post by Fantasy »

Flora nodded to Veriss as she answered. She wanted to ask some more, but decided not to. The girl listened to the priestess as the two men gathered at the table. "Is that everyone?" The girl asked with a small smile.

Priestess Lianora
Z's Account

Lianora was unable to hold back a laugh at Flora's non-observance. "No, we're not," she replied. "Don't you remember the centaur? I'd say she would be rather hard to forget...and disregarding her, that mute swordsman was quite hard to miss as well, with the way he dressed."

OOC: As a note, I removed Sohe's entrance from the NPC post.

Fantasy

Post by Fantasy »

Flora listened to the priestess as she spoke. The girl had no clue what she was talking about, but when she repeated 'Centaur', she remembered excatly who the priestess was talking about. "Ohh..." the girl said with an embarrassing blush her cheeks. "Please, forgive me. My mind seems to be running a bit too slow this morning," the girl rested her head back down and sighed.

Priestess Lianora
Z's Account

Lianora glanced over her shoulders at the window behind her and sighed. "Well, if no one else shows up soon, then I suppose we might be the only ones going out on this job. It's getting late," she said.

Not long after she spoke, the older mercenary, Ralan, arrived alone. He gave a glance around the room, and spotted the familiar group he had been hired with, but he seemed reluctant to join them. Instead, he wandered over to the table next to them and sat down at a chair on the side of the table closest to the one the others were sitting at. He was far enough to not be entirely sociable, though he was also close enough to appear as part of the team.

OOC: I'm going to give it a couple more weeks, but if there is no Geo or Mora, I need to move on. I can't afford to let another plot go stagnant because Rory isn't up to playing.

Ayen

Post by Ayen »

"Morning," said the familiar voice of Sohe as the blond made his way into the room. Late, once again. "Or not... Sorry I'm late I was.........side tracked........" He let out a cough into his hand as he looked over to Lianora and Flora, not really caring about anyone else in the room up to this point. "Sleep well ladies?"
Jenesis (Bastion's Demons) - Profile - Gallery
Sazan (New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Sohe (Liberation of Ales) - Profile - Gallery

"We are now under an Ashram warning! I repeat, an ASHRAM WARNING! So all I got to say right now is: RUN! Run like your stinking life depends on it because it does!"

Priestess Lianora
Z's Account

As Sohe joined up with the group, Lianora gave him a friendly smile. "Well, you're not the only one who's late," Lianora replied. "The centaur and the mute haven't arrived yet, though I suppose if they take much longer, we will be leaving without them."

Ayen

Post by Ayen »

"Hmm, you avoided my question..." He just smiled pulling out a seat next to the Priestess and sat down next to her. He wouldn't be all that bothered if the centaur and the mute was left behind. That centaur creeped him out the other night. "I guess my question is already answered, you're beautiful so you must have gotten your beauty sleep."

"We are now under an Ashram warning! I repeat, an ASHRAM WARNING! So all I got to say right now is: RUN! Run like your stinking life depends on it because it does!"

Priestess Lianora
Z's Account

Lianora chuckled at Sohe's comment. "Always the charmer, aren't you," she said, tapping his nose teasingly with her finger tip. The priestess didn't flirt any further though, instead she sighed and leaned back in her chair, recrossing her legs. "It's getting rather late, the guildmaster should be out at any time."

It seemed Lianora's intuition was right, as the guildmaster emerged from the back rooms and looked over the waiting mercenaries. Accompanying him was the young girl who had come with Etage, Saertia. The guildmaster was disappointed to see two members of the group who had signed the contract had yet to arrive, but they couldn't waste any more time. "Have Mora and Geo been here yet?" the guild master asked.

Lianora shook her head. "I'm afraid not."

The guildmaster responded with an irritated grunt, but continued on. "Well, get ready to set out. You'll be leaving within the hour with Saertia to guide you back to the village. I'll leave you to speak with her." With that, the guildmaster turned and headed back down the hallway, leaving the group to Saertia.

The girl stepped forward, approaching the mercenaries' table. It seemed as if she had enjoyed a good bath and been given some new clothes, as she looked much better than she did the day before. Her brown hair was sleek and shiny now, pulled back into a ponytail, whereas the day before she seemed quite disheveled. With a glimmer of hope in her blue eyes, she regarded each mercenary. Her eyes lingered uncomfortably on Veriss for a moment, but she moved on. "Hello, I'm Saertia," she introduced herself with a small wave. "Like the guildmaster said, I'll be taking you back to Ales, which is my hometown. I'll tell you everything I can about the Baylos priests, and I can help you get into the village and let you know who is resisting them," the girl explained. "But first, can I get your names? I'd like to know who's helping me," she added with a slight smile.

Alera Tai'var

Post by Alera Tai'var »

Veriss looked up from between her legs. "Veriss Trelem." If anyone was familiar with Valis, the name carried weight. The Trelems were war heroes, generals and knights. They were nobles of the highest order and had an incredible influence over politics as well. There was even a monument in one of the capital city's biggest squares of one of them, who died centuries ago in battle.

Despite the history, Veriss did not speak it with pride. Like every word, it seemed meaningless to her. Only a few years ago, the current Trelem family had disappeared without explanation.
I'm OCD for EKD!

Carianna Mareleth (Cian's Quest) - Profile - Gallery
Grennith (New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Itoya* (New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Jeren Octavian Aldener (Search for Nat) - Profile - Gallery
Jleslie "Rose" Seif (A New Balance) - Profile - Gallery
Orion* (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Rone Kalmaine (Vampire Hunt) - Profile - Gallery
Desmond "Rory" D'Angelline (Adventures in Lodoss) - Profile - Gallery
Terelyn "Crimson Corsair" Tai'var (Building an Empire at Sea) - Profile - Gallery
Veriss Trelem (Liberation of Ales) - Profile - Gallery
Yrsanne* (Hunt for Kiran) - Profile - Gallery
Zylanthian Baratoice (Lost Humanity) - Profile - Gallery

Ayen

Post by Ayen »

Sohe blinked at the nose tapping, this one was going to be hard to get. All the more fun when he thought about it, the ones that was won over easily was never as fun as the ones that required actual work. "Just being honest," he replied with a smile. His eyes would then fall upon the other woman that came up to them, the one they saw before. His eyes looked her up and down while she spoke and when she asked for name he sat up and gave a bow. "The name's Sohe. Pleasure to meet you, Saertia. You look lovely today." From one girl, to another...

Priestess Lianora
Z's Account

Saertia, as a simple villager--and of a village not even belonging to a nation--knew nothing of Valisian nobility, and she regarded Veriss's introduction with little interest, and her attention moved to Sohe who spoke next. At his compliment, she blushed and bowed her head. "Thank you," she said softly.

Lianora spoke up next. "I am Lianora, priestess of Myrii," she said. She would let Niklas speak for himself here.

"And I'm Cayden," the young black-haired mercenary spoke up, glancing up at Saertia with a kind smile, as he sat nearly beside where she stood.

Return to “RPG: Liberation of Ales”