EE OOC Thread

Any out of character conversations for The Golden Egg plot should be posted here.
Aiden Silvermoon II
Z's Account

Re: EE OOC Thread

Post by Aiden Silvermoon II »

He meant "find" as in actually reaching the location, not finding out where it is.
Aiden Silvermoon II (The Golden Egg) - Profile - Gallery

"If I told you that you had a great body, would you hold it against me?"

Eliamn

Post by Eliamn »

Oh, my bad then. I'll go and retouch my own writing then. Thanks for the clarification.

I knew Aiden wasn't that forgetful. ^_^;
Eliamn (The Golden Egg) - Profile - Gallery

Eliamn

Post by Eliamn »

Jessica, I've taken a peek at Lands of Adun. Enough so to know that you're very involved into participating and fleshing out your new setting. I've also noticed how you already had something going with Talen and Naclia over there... having practically recreated most of the EKD characters you like being involved with here. Your posting rate here has also noticeably diminished - and I'm starting to feel that it isn't only because you're busy and stretched thin... but also due to interest.

I don't blame you for it. Actually, I don't mind that much. But having come to that observation, I feel compelled to ask the hard questions.

Are you interested into continuing this plot? The only characters lately involved are yours, Orion, Talen and myself. Seeing you're engaged with Naclia and Talen elsewhere (I don't see why you have different version of them - yet so similar, existing in two places... unless you preferred roleplaying them elsewhere), I'm partly wondering why you should even be bothering here except for, well, my sake? Because I know you have so much going on, and that your interests are obviously directed elsewhere, and that you are quite obviously stretched very thinly... I think it'd be a good idea to just sit down and know what we're doing here, where it is leading to, and if it is worth pursuing it.

I'm not sure I would play on Lands of Adun; frankly, starting from scratch doesn't appeal to me at all. Creating another version of Eliamn also doesn't really interest me. On the other hand, I can totally applaud you trying to make a setting that's your original creation (or more so - there are still big similarities with EKD in LoA). However, the main reason I came back from my hiatus was because I did not wish for this plot to 'fail' just because I decided to take a hike and leave it in the dust. If you're interested in investing more effort in Lands of Adun, though, I would not mind closing this plot so that you'd have more time to invest elsewhere.

Perhaps I'm being presumptuous and conceited in raising the point, and making blind assumptions; but I'd like to know what you think and hope to do regarding this context.

Naclia
Z's Account

Post by Naclia »

Well, I still have some interest invested in this RP, which is why I haven't suggested canceling it. I know you wouldn't be too upset if I decided to end it. However, I would really like to actually see some story lines through to the end here in EKD. I am losing some interest in the Lodoss setting because it feel so limiting, but still, I want some closure here.

Alera Tai'var has some things he wants to RP for Kitsa and Orion here still, and I'd still like to pursue the Silvermoon family sub-plot. Also, I don't intend to transfer Aiden and Kitsa over to Adun--at least not as the same characters they are here if I ever do decide to reuse their concepts.

Though admittedly, some of my recent distractions have been due to L2 and offline issues. When I got sick a few weeks back, I started playing L2 again. I'm trying to get all my characters back to where they were before the server restart, and I've been playing Blake's character to try and get our clan leveled. So, yeah, it's not all about Adun. :P
Naclia (The Golden Egg) - Profile - Gallery

Eliamn

Post by Eliamn »

Alright. My objective was to cut you some slack, give you more room to invest your energy into something you'd feel more enthused in. I've no problem in continued participation.

EKD:The Chaos War, when I came in, seemed like a story which had been going on for a long time. Some characters seemed to have been quite fleshed out, having faced similar situations, and developed so. My short - probably ham-handed - stint with Phaelle was something I figured only presented a minuscule part of the lifespan that EKD campaign had.

The reboot actually had me looking forward to it, because then I'd be more or less on even footing with the other participants... even if some of them were existing characters being reset. When I designed Eliamn as a character, I was having expectations that went much farther than the Golden Egg plot, figuring that she'd really do the whole pilgrimage thing.

Maybe that's one reason I got so frustrated at one point. The plot slowed down so much that I lost much of the hope that it'd get anywhere, depriving me of the opportunity to actually have that said character grow. The return a bit later was when I realized that Eliamn's unexpected detective-like tendencies have become a pivotal part of that plot and that if I stayed away... the plot would probably just crumble.

I didn't want that to happen just because I quit, and perhaps partly because I was curious enough to want to know what would happen.

With that bared, moving on: I believe from observation our most frequent participants are you, Alera Tai'var, Vampire Aryen and myself. I'm not sure if the others are ever going to post again, and I understand that moving on might be difficult for you because of Rory's unfortunate inability to post anymore here and help you with plot progression.

I figure putting some thought on how to progress from our point to proceed smoothly with what we've left would be a good idea.

Eliamn's goal concerning the nightly study session is to look over Audran's sources of reference and get an idea - even if it is not magic she commands herself - of what he is capable of. In the case of necromancy; it could go from raising undead, to killing to applying curses. For the Book of Blindings, it was in regard of what spells he might have had used to hide his tracks.

Important points for Eliamn was to know how to circumvent and counter his spells - their magic systems are different but she is probably smart enough to decipher enough spell jargon to figure out what kind of ritual he might use against the golden egg, the weakness of some of his possible undead servants ("Dragon Tooth Warriors will rebond any broken parts of their body! Strike at the head, where the fang is, and the animating magic should fail!"), or simply how to more effectively how to breach his defenses, or raise effective defenses against his powers.

Seeing that, there's no need for lengthy exposition on what Eliamn actually learns from the book, aside from certain specifics if you feel it'll help the plot. Otherwise, as a Moderator you can probably use this study session of Eliamn to drop contextual bits of advice when they will be more pertinent.

My advice would be to direct things to the days closure. On the next day, Eliamn is probably going to end up riding with Aiden, sleeping half-the-day off on his back, while the group treks toward the Mur-Cavendrel manse. The second day of travel would probably be when we would get close, and more climatic stuff would happen leaning to the probable end of this plot.

Well, that's how I see it in my mind's eye.

Naclia
Z's Account

Post by Naclia »

I definitely don't want to RP Eliamn's research out all night. We'll decide on some information that she uncovers and present it the next day. Talen and Naclia need to pursue a little romance, but hopefully that should go fast because I'll probably get together with Aryen and RP it out one night.

I don't know what to do with Wil now. >.< He's pretty much ingrained himself well into the plot and has become one of the favorite characters.

Eliamn

Post by Eliamn »

Well, no compelling need for me to post any of Eliamn's action. Just have fun posting back and forth with Talen and Naclia.

As for Wil... I was thinking that the minstrel - upon learning that the group was to be headed for the Mur-Cavendrel manse - might decide to sit this one out with Kima. There might be confrontation waiting there and the minstrel so far hasn't shown much stomach for fighting so that'd make sense. He might also wish to avoid putting Kima at risk.

Seeing what happened with Lyassa, it might be incentive enough for Rylan to stay by them in order to protect the pair. Rylan hasn't been posted for lately, and I'm also unsure of how much he'll be able to pitch in at the Mur-Cavendrels anyhow.

That'd leave the group with the original elf threesome plus Talen. I'm unsure of where Orion and Kitsa are supposed to come in for that.

Aiden: "So, that leaves Talen with Naclia and Eli with me??"
Naclia: "Who's having dirty thoughts now?"
Aiden: "It's speculation, not dirty thoughts. Besides, how many times have Talen and you gone over this relationship of yours?"
Naclia: "That is soo much an Out-Of-Character comment!"
Aiden: "Chaos War, the Golden Egg and Legend of Adun. That's three. How long will you two be repeating that relationship ad nauseum anyhow?"
Naclia: "It's not my fault! It's... it's..."
Aiden: "It's?"
Naclia: "Human libido! It's, ah, demanding!"
Aiden: "Pfft. You're full of it."
Talen: "Oi. How did it all end up being my fault? Naclia was pretty bold for much of the time. All I'm guilty of is of being easy to lead around and having very vivid dreams!"
Aiden: "You call that 'vivid'? I called that kissing Naclia while asleep 'contrived plot device'. Well, at least I have Eli. Eli? Eli, what in Falis' name are you doing with my horse?"
Eliamn: "I told you that while the both of you went after Talen and Lyassa, I'd settle for Tiash. You're too late now, Aiden."
Aiden: *facepalms*

Eliamn

Post by Eliamn »

Saga should have been left in Dragon Scale.

I took the initiative and decided to start a new thread. No rush for Naclia and Talen's scene - I just figured that after more than two weeks it would be permissible to get started and bend time a bit, seeing that's what Kitsa and Orion are doing too (being in two places at once, that is).

Naclia
Z's Account

Post by Naclia »

It's ok, we're almost done anyway.

Return to “TGE OOC Discussion”