Blade Horse Market (Archive Repost)

Game canceled.
Zira
Z's Account

Blade Horse Market (Archive Repost)

Post by Zira »

Z wrote:I'm starting a project that may never be finished and may be a fruitless task. I'm reposting old threads from the group and previous forum for prosperity's sake, and to boost the post counts for old members to where they should really be.

Zira shrugged. "I suppose it is," she replied. Zira continued walking at a fast pace, but never straying too far from the saftey of her human companion. The pace didn't leave much room for talk, and it didn't take long to reach the inn where her horse was stabled. Zira went in through the front door the inn, paid for stabling, then led Edwin out the back into the stableyard.

She found her horse and let him out of his stall. He was a tall gray gelding, not quite big enough to be a warhorse, but he definately had some warhorse blood in him. He pranced out of his stall, obviously happy to be out, then gave his coat a shake. Zira started brushing hay and dust off his back before she began saddling him. Now she and Edwin had a chance to talk again.

"This is Thunder," she introduced her mount. "If you want to get a horse, we can head down to the markets and find you something."
“Give this some thought
And I'm sure you will know
This is the way it must be
Emotions will rise, Emotions will flow
You bring out the tears in me”

Zira (New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Avatar art by Onna-giri from this image.

EdwinStarym

Re: Blade (Archive Repost)

Post by EdwinStarym »

Walking with Zira, Edwin was alittle surpised at her fast pace but it was understandable after thinking for a moment. Nodding once they got to the inn and its stableyard "Well Thunder here is amazing horse, and it is clear he is happy to be able to get out"

"It would be best for me to get a horse, it would make travel much quicker" Edwin only had a little knowledge on horses hopefully it would be enough for him to make a good choice since a bad choice could slow the group down "Well lets get to the market,"
Edwin Starym (Kidnapped Princess/New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Varun (Building an Empire at Sea) - Profile - Gallery

Zira
Z's Account

Post by Zira »

"Let me just finish saddling Thunder," Zira said. Once he was reasonably clean, she did a quick check of his hooves to make sure his shoes weren't loose or that they needed to be cleaned. They were satisfactory, so she went back into the stall and brought out his tack. Within a few minutes, he was saddled and bridled and Zira led him out of the stableyard.

They made their way across town, Zira leading Thunder and walking alongside Edwin. With the pace Zira was setting, they made it to the horse market in record time. As they entered the maze of pens, Zira turned to Edwin, "I can help you if you want. I'm no expert, but I can tell you want you'll want for travelling."
“Give this some thought

EdwinStarym

Post by EdwinStarym »

Zira wrote:They made their way across town, Zira leading Thunder and walking alongside Edwin. With the pace Zira was setting, they made it to the horse market in record time. As they entered the maze of pens, Zira turned to Edwin, "I can help you if you want. I'm no expert, but I can tell you want you'll want for travelling."

Edwin walked along side Zira and Thunder gazing around getting use to the pace that Zira was setting now. Reaching the horse market it was harder for him then he thought before as many of the horses looked great but appearances can be fooling as he turns his head slightly as he standing in front of a black and white stallion "I will take all the help I can get, I am not sure what i am looking for in a horse"

Zira
Z's Account

Post by Zira »

"Well, you'll probably want a mare, or a gelding like Thunder," Zira started. "Complete stallions are too tempermental and hard to control. Just look around, if you see one you like, I'll tell you what I think."
“Give this some thought

EdwinStarym

Re: Blade Horse Market (Archive Repost)

Post by EdwinStarym »

Edwin nodded his head as he moved down the pens gazing over the different horses taking a measure of each one, trying to find the one that felt the best to him. Stopping to glance over a black mare, tilting his head over to Zira "What do you think of this one, she appears to be in good shape?"

Zira
Z's Account

Post by Zira »

Zira gracefully hopped over the pen's fence, which was no simple feat, were she human. The horse shied a little at the sudden movement, but it wasn't too upset. A good sign. Zira approached the mare, holding out a friendly hand. The horse was a little shy, understandable when one was penned up and surrounded by people and other animals. Zira was able to pet her though. She checked over the mare's body for any ailments and found nothing of concern.

"Can I help you miss?" someone asked. Zira glanced toward the speaker, who appeared to be the dealer.

"My friend is interested in this horse," she replied. "How old would you say she is?"

"She's five," the dealer quickly replied. To confirm, Zira coaxed the mare to open her mouth and checked her teeth.

"I'd say closer to eight or nine," Zira replied. "How much?"

The dealer frowned only slightly. "Eight Raidens," he replied.

"Hmph, I'll give you four," Zira replied.

"Six Raidens, fifty gold."

"Five Raidens."

"Six fifty."

"Five and twenty-five gold, and no more."

"Ah, deal," he finally agreed.

"Edwin?" Zira asked, hopefully it was a good price for him.
“Give this some thought

EdwinStarym

Post by EdwinStarym »

A little impressed with how gracefully Zira hopped over the fence knowing for to tell well if he had tried the same thing he would have ended on his face. Edwin watch studying what Zira did just in case he had to one day pick out a horse by himself in the future.

Turning his head head to look at the dealer as he spoke Edwin watched again, glad he was not the one dealing with price. Waiting until Zira was done glad that she got the price lower through wishing it was lower. Nodding his head and taking out of his pouch the last of his funds for the most part but it was worth it to have
a steed since it would speed everything up. Counting out five Raidens and twenty-five gold, keeping his face emotionless so not to show that this was last of his funds expect for about fifty. gold. "Here you go Sir, "

Zira
Z's Account

Post by Zira »

"Thanks for the business," the dealer grumbled, then gave Edwin the lead of the mare's halter.

"So, what are you going to call her?" Zira asked as they led Edwin's new horse out of the pen.
“Give this some thought

EdwinStarym

Post by EdwinStarym »

Walking out of the pen leading the mare out Edwin turned his head over to look over to Zira "Hmm good question," he turn to studied the mare for a moment gently patting her neck nodding his head "Night Raven, it is simple but it is the only thing that jumps out at me"

Zira
Z's Account

Post by Zira »

OOC: Ahh...now I think my brain is working again. Yay for caffiene!

IC: Zira walked along with Edwin, leading Thunder along behind her. "Night Raven. Hmm...just as good as Thunder at any rate," Zira said with a chuckle. "Here, let me give you my saddle, I don't really need it," Zira offered, then motioned toward the wall of the building where they could pause to saddle the horses.

OOC: I'll just kill some time until Ryna and Garrack get to the meeting place, or whatever.
“Give this some thought

EdwinStarym

Post by EdwinStarym »

Setting up the saddle, Edwin was glad that Zira offered it otherwise it might have been a hard trip for him since he didn't want to spend more money on a saddle "Well a name is as good if it is fitting for the one that gets it, I think Thunder is a very fitting name for him and I hope Night Raven will be fitting for her."

"So how long do we have before we should be meeting up with the others" Edwin looks up at the sky for a moment "I seemed to have lost track of time while looking for Night Raven"

Zira
Z's Account

Post by Zira »

"Hmm...well, I think it might take at least an hour for everyone to prepare, and if they're not all there, then we can take lunch while we wait," Zira replied. Once Edwin had finished saddling Raven, Zira headed out of the alley they'd paused at. Thunder followed behind her of his own free will, now that he was completely unharnessed.
“Give this some thought

EdwinStarym

Post by EdwinStarym »

Leading Raven behind him Edwin nodded slightly "Lunch would be good if we can have the time. Since I am not sure how long the journey will be and catching a hot meal might be a little hard" he laughs slightly as he moves toward the tavern matching Zira's pace.

Zira
Z's Account

Post by Zira »

Zira nodded. "Travel will seem much longer while we're passing through the desert," Zira replied, "but there are a few towns along our path. But by time we reach the mountains, we can hunt and find food much easier. Then we'll have hot meals. Until then, its delicious rations," Zira sarcastically finished.
“Give this some thought

Return to “RPG: Out of Blade”