Arrival in Hilt (Archive Repost)

Game canceled.
Dorian

Re: Arrival in Hilt (Archive Repost)

Post by Dorian »

"If your friend would have waited, I could have at least offered him some salve and a few bandages..." Dorian said as he leaned over, and rooted through his travelling pack. When the young man came back to eyelevel with the rest of his companions, he simply showed them a clean roll of bandages and healing salve. "In my travels, I simply learned that it is best to be prepared at all times..."
Dorian Ma'zaan (A New Balance) - Profile
Eidon Maschal (Vampire Hunt) - Profile

Leaf
Canon NPC

Post by Leaf »

Leaf watched Ashe until he disappeared into the kitchen, her big red-brown eyes full of concern. But, he wanted to take care of himself. Leaf sat back down. "Well, maybe you can tell him when he gets back," she replied to Dorian, though she was almost certain Ashe wouldn't be interested. After all, she hadn't seen him tend to the wound.

The half-elf noticed that the table was one member short, and looked around for Jeren, but he was sitting away from them. Leaf thought that he probably didn't want to be bothered. She sighed, realizing how the brawl had basically ruined the night for her friends. If she wasn't busy entertaining Dorian, she probably would have gone to see Jeren.

"Anyway, on with the introductions?" Leaf said, turning to Dorian. She seemed a bit drained and not as chipper as previously, but she continued on. "Garrack and Ryna," Leaf pointed them out, "Ashe is the one who went to the kitchen, over there is Jeren, and the dark elf is Zira, and the guy that went upstairs with her is Edwin."

Ryna
Canon NPC

Post by Ryna »

Ryna looked over Garrack's shoulder to see Jeren sitting alone when Leaf mentioned him to Dorian. Ever since he met them, Jeren was amicable and outgoing, but now he had secluded himself.

Ryna stood and leaned to whisper in Garrack's ear, "I'm going to try and find out what's bothering our wyvern rider."

Taking her drink, Ryna crossed the common room to take a seat across from Jeren. "Hey there," she greeted him. The sultry ex-thief set her goblet down, making it obvious she was here for conversation. "So what's a handsome man like you doing in a lonely corner like this?" she asked with a smirk.

Alera Tai'var

Post by Alera Tai'var »

Jeren continued to stare off into space for a moment longer. He thought he had gotten away from all of the nonsensical sparring and worthless matches when he left. But there it came again, rearing its head into things. He hated those matches.

"I would not presume to know this for truth, but I believe that not even heroes can feel pleased with themselves after such a fight..." the knight remarked, rubbing his chin. "Such a waste of human strength and ideals... Perhaps that is why I am happy when I am submerged in a sea of air... Why I call that place home..."

Jeren looked up at the smooth thief. "And what of you, Miss Ryna? You have much experience in heroics and adventures made for bards to sing. Do such things not bother you?"
I'm OCD for EKD!

Carianna Mareleth (Cian's Quest) - Profile - Gallery
Grennith (New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Itoya* (New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Jeren Octavian Aldener (Search for Nat) - Profile - Gallery
Jleslie "Rose" Seif (A New Balance) - Profile - Gallery
Orion* (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Rone Kalmaine (Vampire Hunt) - Profile - Gallery
Desmond "Rory" D'Angelline (Adventures in Lodoss) - Profile - Gallery
Terelyn "Crimson Corsair" Tai'var (Building an Empire at Sea) - Profile - Gallery
Veriss Trelem (Liberation of Ales) - Profile - Gallery
Yrsanne* (Hunt for Kiran) - Profile - Gallery
Zylanthian Baratoice (Lost Humanity) - Profile - Gallery

Ryna
Canon NPC

Post by Ryna »

"It's a shame," Ryna replied. She looked into her goblet and swirled the wine about before taking a sip. "When you save the world, it tends to put things in perspective," she added, though not in the least sounding arrogant with such a bold statement. "These people wouldn't be here today if not for what Spark, Neese, myself and our companions did, and yet they start a brawl with us because they don't like someone's looks. It's petty, but I can't blame them for their fears. I can see both sides of the coin."

Alera Tai'var

Post by Alera Tai'var »

"Unfortunately, I have no such perspective," Jeren said quietly. "I still believe such a conflict could have been avoided."

The Dragon Knight sighed. "I am not one for leading soldiers. I used to while I remained in the service of Moss. My superiors would complain that I cared too much for the men I led. They complained that I cared too much for my enemy. Perhaps I do care too much. Those hooligans attacked us. I have the ability to leave them broken into pieces. Is mercy such a terrible concept for a warrior to have? This is all too much to ask after such a large mug of ale, I think."

Jeren looked up. "I need to clear my mind. Would you care to join me?"
I'm OCD for EKD!

Terelyn "Crimson Corsair" Tai'var (Building an Empire at Sea) - Profile - Gallery

Ryna
Canon NPC

Post by Ryna »

Ryna raised her eyebrow. "Join you where?" she asked. She didn't want to go some place private with him, that would just be rude to Garrack in her mind. All she came to do was to check on him.

Alera Tai'var

Post by Alera Tai'var »

Jeren gave Ryna a half-smile, considering how to explain it to her. "Miss Ryna... Many dream of moving through space and time, across a depthless sea of sparkles and the most beautiful hues and shades of color, yet few ever experience it. I was curious if you perhaps dreamed the same... to fly like a falcon through the midnight sky. To perhaps even meet a star or two. It has been a long time since someone has joined me, and I thought you might be interested. If not, perhaps another of our companions would like to join me, but I thought, since you cared enough to be curious of my condition, you should be the first I asked."

The dragon knight hoped she would agree. Ryna was a kind woman. She seemed close to one of her companions, but he was not trying to seduce the woman. Friendship was something Jeren always sought, but never found. After a moment, he spoke up. "I cannot stay cooped up in this inn. Not after the events that came before now. I think it would be... nice to have someone join me."
I'm OCD for EKD!

Ryna
Canon NPC

Post by Ryna »

Ryna smiled at the offer, staring into her wine. She just didn't feel it was right to go off on a flight which many women would probably find romantic, leaving her lover behind. "I'm afraid I've got other priorities," Ryna said, glancing to Garrack. "But, I bet you Leaf would love to go," she added, her gaze falling on the forlorn looking half-elf.

Dorian

Post by Dorian »

"It certainly is a pleasure to meet all of you... Though, I am genuinely curious..." Dorian looked his companions over before replacing the bandages within his pack. "What brings you here to Hilt? Are you just travelling through, or something else entirely?"

Leaf
Canon NPC

Post by Leaf »

"We're passing through on a mission," Leaf replied. "There was this message at the Blade Guild about this wizard who wants the bravest mercenaries to come help him, promises of gold and stuff. We all saw it and decided to join up and travel together to the Mirror Forest area where he lives."

Alera Tai'var

Post by Alera Tai'var »

"Perhaps some other time, then, Miss Ryna. If she may be interested, then I should extend the same offer to her." The knight stood up and walked around the table to where Ryna sat. He leaned forward and whispered to her. "Thank you for your kindness."

Jeren strolled casually towards Leaf and Dorian, feeling uncomfortable making such a brash offer in the middle of a conversation. He sat quietly by Leaf, waiting for a break in the conversation, before speaking up. "Excuse me, Leaf? I am terribly sorry for interrupting, but I was going to go out and visit my Love for some night flying and I was curious if you would like to join me..."
I'm OCD for EKD!

Leaf
Canon NPC

Post by Leaf »

Leaf's ears perked upwards and her entire mood was lifted after Jeren requested her to fly with him. The half-elf turned in her seat to look up at the dragon rider with an enthusiastic smile, "I'd love to!"

She glanced over her shoulder at Dorian. "Hey, I'll talk to you later, alright? If you have any more questions, talk to Ryna or Garrack." With that, she eagerly hopped out of her seat. "Ready to go right now?"

Dorian

Post by Dorian »

"I'll be sure to do that." Dorian looked at Leaf as she left the table. "Take care, and be careful, all right?" The young adventurer gave her a wave before looking at the others at the table. He had so much to ask, but he was sure that he would more than likely be answering questions as well.

Alera Tai'var

Post by Alera Tai'var »

"Excellent... Nightfire is but a short walk from here, if memory serves me correctly..."

OOC: I am opening a new thread for us, so people don't have to read this, like Zira and Edwin...
I'm OCD for EKD!

Return to “RPG: Out of Blade”