Alan (Archives Repost)

Game canceled.
Alera Tai'var

Re: Alan (Archives Repost)

Post by Alera Tai'var »

Veriss followed them out silently until they reached the steps. The large clydesdale stood to the side, drinking out of a bucket. There was a man standing next to the bucket, fretting and yelling at the horse. Every time he reached for the bucket, the horse stopped drinking and put a large hoof in his way and snorted at him before continuing to drink, much as if the bucket was claimed.

"Ya! Greysoul!" Veriss' deep voice broke into the air, almost rumbling it. The horse's ears flickered, then he looked up. He walked up to Veriss without a care. She mounted without a second thought and without a scolding of any kind. The man, obviously a street vendor, ran up to her. He was about to complain when Veriss' money pouch landed on the ground in front of him. "Payment," she said, turning the horse away with a steady hand and moving alongside Mia.

The horse moved obediantly and held Veriss' weight well enough. The small bit of provisions certainly did not weigh the horse down either. As they walked, Veriss acted as if they were not there. She was so accustomed to traveling without anyone around her. Then it clicked. It was considered kind to offer someone else the room on her rather spacious saddle. She cleared her throat and looked to the others before talking. She looked as if she was trying to be kind, but something held her back. None the less, her words carried the kindness she tried to show. "There is room on my horse for another. One of you may ride behind me, if you so wish it." Her comment was mainly directed at the women of the group, much as if a chivalrous knight might; however, she would allow any of the males to ride behind her as well. It was customary for a female to ride. She got the feeling that no one would accept. She did want one of them to. Greysoul could certainly handle one of them with her. Greysoul was a loyal horse and she was a capable rider. She didn't see any reason that someone would not accept the
offer. Any warrior should know that it is important to save energy for battle...

OOC: I encourage anyone to take up the experience of riding on a big horse with a walking brick wall ;)
I'm OCD for EKD!

Carianna Mareleth (Cian's Quest) - Profile - Gallery
Grennith (New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Itoya* (New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Jeren Octavian Aldener (Search for Nat) - Profile - Gallery
Jleslie "Rose" Seif (A New Balance) - Profile - Gallery
Orion* (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Rone Kalmaine (Vampire Hunt) - Profile - Gallery
Desmond "Rory" D'Angelline (Adventures in Lodoss) - Profile - Gallery
Terelyn "Crimson Corsair" Tai'var (Building an Empire at Sea) - Profile - Gallery
Veriss Trelem (Liberation of Ales) - Profile - Gallery
Yrsanne* (Hunt for Kiran) - Profile - Gallery
Zylanthian Baratoice (Lost Humanity) - Profile - Gallery

Mia
Z's Account

Post by Mia »

"My legs are good enough for me," Mia replied to Veriss as they walked. "Thanks for the offer," she added as a second thought, though she got the feeling Veriss wouldn't care either way if she were thanked or not. Mia had plenty of endurance, she spent most of her time on the road, on foot. A horse was just too much work.
Mia (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery

"Falis! I need a drink!"
The next morning...
"Falis, I need to quit drinking..."

Zatch

Post by Zatch »

Both Jonas and Nessa were plenty used to walking, having traveled from Caena on foot (and climbing part of the way). Still, the boys weren't averse to a free ride. Since the offer was extended to one they settled on who would go with a game they invented as children involving hand gestures. The boys slammed their fists on their palms three times and quickly formed odd gestures, Nessa with his thumb and forefinger touching and Jonas with his fingers wrapped around an
invisible cup. Only the boys knew what they meant, a tribute to their lifelong friendship.

"Scimitar beats snake." Jonas said with a grin.

"You always pick scimitar, I let you win." lied Nessa with little more than feigned bitterness.

Jonas dismissed his friend's claim and turned to Veriss "I'll ride with you if you don't mind."

Meanwhile Nessa shifted uncomfortably and soon realized he still had his rusty claymore strapped to his back. He was fond of the weapon, but with such a well made saber at his belt he really had no need for two swords. Jonas had already sold his hammer to a merchant along the way back, glad to be rid of the extra weight he let it go cheaper than he could have. Nessa looked around and spotted an old man sitting on a street corner, holding a bowl and collecting coins from any with compassion in their hearts. Nessa mumbled to his companions he'd be back.

"Hey, gramps." said Nessa as he approached the old man, the begger looked up with curiosity. Nessa then took the sword from his back and placed in beside the old man.

"It's not the best" Nessa said. "But it should fetch you enough for a few hot meals."

Without waiting for a reply the boy left the beggar, content that he was able to use that sword to perform his first act of chivalry as he promised himself he would.
Kai (A New Balance) - Profile - Gallery
Nessa (A New Balance) - Profile - Gallery
Trent Delumbra (Trials of the Half-Elven) - Profile - Gallery
Wryen - Profile - Gallery

Alera Tai'var

Post by Alera Tai'var »

OOC: I am just going to auto Jonas hopping on, if that is alright with you. You can add your own flare to him hopping on if you want, but its for the sake of not slowing us up. I just don't want to sit here and do a post where I stop, then wait for you to hop on, then me catching up...

IC: Veriss' horse stopped at a command. Veriss did not like using force to command her horse. That was nessisary, she knew, if a horse needed it. But if a horse knew voice commands, she much prefered using them. No need to cause the horse undue stress. Veriss leaned back, holding out a long arm to Jonas. When walking up to Greysoul, he looks larger than the first glance gives. There wasn't much other than packs to grab a hold of for anyone wishing to climb up next to her. She had always in the past had to hold her arm out. Jonas took her hand and pulled himself up. Veriss' arm did not help him, but did give him something to use to get up. The grips in her chainlink and metal plates of armor had enough ways to hold onto that it made swinging on to the horse easy. Jonas got himself situated behind her. As soon as she felt a lack of fidgetting, she commanded her horse forward at a walk. It only took seconds to catch back up with the group.

OOC: Sorry if that was too much. I didn't think it was, but some might. If it is, just write how you did it instead...
I'm OCD for EKD!

Carianna Mareleth (Cian's Quest) - Profile - Gallery
Grennith (New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Itoya* (New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Jeren Octavian Aldener (Search for Nat) - Profile - Gallery
Jleslie "Rose" Seif (A New Balance) - Profile - Gallery
Orion* (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Rone Kalmaine (Vampire Hunt) - Profile - Gallery
Desmond "Rory" D'Angelline (Adventures in Lodoss) - Profile - Gallery
Terelyn "Crimson Corsair" Tai'var (Building an Empire at Sea) - Profile - Gallery
Veriss Trelem (Liberation of Ales) - Profile - Gallery
Yrsanne* (Hunt for Kiran) - Profile - Gallery
Zylanthian Baratoice (Lost Humanity) - Profile - Gallery

Alric2000

Post by Alric2000 »

Dralock trotted along at an easy pace. He kept near the front of the group, though he didn't take the lead. When one of the boy's stoped and spoke to a begger on the side of the road, he slowed for a moment. Then the boy gave the begger the sword from his back, and Dralock understood his actions.

'The boy shows charity already, a sign of good character,' he thought to himself, 'rare to see in one so young.' He smiled to himself. This would be a journy to remember.
Dralock Holderhek (A New Balance) - Profile - Gallery

Zatch

Post by Zatch »

OOC: It's fine, I have nothing to reply with except for Jonas situating himself and Nessa catching up. Neither seems worth the effort.
Kai (A New Balance) - Profile - Gallery
Nessa (A New Balance) - Profile - Gallery
Trent Delumbra (Trials of the Half-Elven) - Profile - Gallery
Wryen - Profile - Gallery

Mia
Z's Account

Post by Mia »

Mia pulled an old ragged map out of her pack and walked alongside Aiyanna. "Which road are we taking? The north road would be fastest, but it becomes more dangerous when we pass through the mountains. The south road would take us through Kanon and take much longer," Mia asked the sorceress, pointing out the routes on her map.

"Falis! I need a drink!"
The next morning...

Aiyanna Starwind

Post by Aiyanna Starwind »

IC:

She considered the options...She had to get there in less then a month.Otherwise her brother was hard to find after his visit to Roid.

"North,I will take my chance.My brother is damn hard to find after his visit to Roid ever year, I want to find him before he disappears.I hope only the mad and the brave will go against us with our new companion in our party."

They might have to camp out inthe mountains tonight...but hell she can survive.

"Okay let's get going if we want to get to a safe place to camp before the nightfall."

Aiyanna,
Aiyanna Irisis (A New Balance) - Profile - Gallery

Mia
Z's Account

Post by Mia »

"We should make it to Novice by nightfall, I wouldn't expect more than that on foot. Novice is still pushing it with us all walking," Mia replied.

"Falis! I need a drink!"
The next morning...

Return to “RPG: Out of Alan”