Leaving Alan (Archive Repost

Game canceled.
Zatch

Re: Leaving Alan (Archive Repost

Post by Zatch »

Once the spell had done it's job the old shaman had no need to stay on the hill. Slowly the old goblin raised his staff and chanted to the wind spirits. His frail body was soon locked into an envelope of swirling air currents strong enough to lift him from the ground and carry him to the battle field.

It wasn't long before he chose his opponent, the elf who was the only one who could offer a challenge. None but the sturdiest blade could pierce his caccoon of wind, and only she could stir excitement into his blood.

The other goblins jumped out of the way, not daring to stand between the elder and his prey. He didn't directly challenge Mia, instead he opted to let his actions speak for him as he directed his staff at her and weaved the incantation for an earth spell. Within moments sharp stalagmites shot up from the underground network of caves beneath them, aimed to impale Mia.
Kai (A New Balance) - Profile - Gallery
Nessa (A New Balance) - Profile - Gallery
Trent Delumbra (Trials of the Half-Elven) - Profile - Gallery
Wryen - Profile - Gallery

Zatch

Post by Zatch »

Rage swept over Nessa like a tidal wave, causing him to lose all rational thought, his one objective was to kill something, anything. He would have rather killed the goblin that murdered Jonas, but Mia effortlessly ended him with a well aimed dagger. In doing so she probably saved his life, but he hated to admit that he felt no gratitude. Nessa felt only a deep frustration for being denied of his revenge.

The boy then challenged one of the weaker scouts and swung furiously at the goblin. His strikes were clumsy to say the least, but they were fast as well as powerful. The goblin only managed to defend himself for a few moments before being forced off-balance and then cut down soon after. Nessa collapsed to his knees and gasped for breath having expended far too much energy with unnecessary motion. But he felt better having vented some of his anger, now he was able to focus.

He noticed Aiyanna was wounded and exposed, he then remembered the reason he was there in the first place. Their mission was to guard her, and if they failed then all the blood spilled that day would have been even more pointless. The boy picked himself up and rushed to Aiyanna, though tired he was determined to last longer than the goblins.

Aiyanna Starwind

Post by Aiyanna Starwind »

IC:

Aiyanna leapt up at sound of something towards her and fell into a defensive position.Then realised it was only Nessa but didn't drop her magical shield, incase he was possesed by Hyuri spirit.Hyuri spirit didn't care who got killed long as it's bloodlust was satisified.

"Nessa?is it you or the Hyuri spirit?"

Aiyanna askeed carefully, hoping the young man was really back to himself.

Aiyanna,
Aiyanna Irisis (A New Balance) - Profile - Gallery

Mia
Z's Account

Post by Mia »

kaychan03 wrote:"yeah i do suppose we could set up camp somewhere around here" Song said to Lazorus not really paying attention to the fight until an axe came inches from her face. "Oh No" she said looking at the two goblins who appeared ready to kill her. Song quickly moved backwards. "well that was close" she said to herself. "guess the fight has been..." before she could get a chance to finish what she was saying the second goblin pounced at her. She managed to get her sword away from her belt, with less grace then she wanted. One of the goblins had apparently decided to go after Lazorus <he can handle himself> she thought deciding to take the one who was pouncing at her. She swung her sword in hopes to make contact with the creatures head, unfortunatley she under estimated the goblin. "I thought your kind was supposed to be stupid" she said looking at the creature as it again swung at her, she blocked it, realizing the creature was again stronger then she had percieved. The creature yelled at her in it's own tongue. She decided to respond, the creature appeared to be getting annoyed with all her chattering, so she decided to talk some more "well, one thing i was told about you was right, you are quite ugly" the creature seemed to get a small understanding of what she had said, and went at her full force, she moved out of the way just in time, but not with out being cut. She made one quick movement around, stabbing the creature in the back. She quickly pulled her sword out, then went back to watching the fight, she didn't even make sure to check if the creature was dead or not. Lazorus walked back looking particularly proud of himself.

Lucied snarled and bristled as he was surrounded. He wasn't sure if he could take four alone, however, to his surprise, two separated and headed into the bush. Lucied sniffed the air and caught the scent of elf, though it seemed to be combined with human scent. A half-breed. He could smell a horse as well. Another was here. But that wasn't his concern at the moment.

Lucied crouched down and debated his next move. The one-eyed goblin swung at him, and the wolf darted to the side. One eye's blade swung through the air and a crude mace from the other goblin crashed into the ground where he had been. The second one was weaker, it would be best to get that one out of the way first. Lucied dashed around behind one-eye, then behind the second goblin. The wolf sunk his teeth in behind the goblin's knee and ripped out a mouthful of foul
flesh. The goblin screamed and fell to the ground. Lucied trotted out of range of one-eye and spat out the goblin flesh.

OOC: Ok, there goes my attention span. I'll just leave it there for now.
Mia (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery

"Falis! I need a drink!"
The next morning...
"Falis, I need to quit drinking..."

Alera Tai'var

Post by Alera Tai'var »

Close by Aiyanna, Veriss had hacked down a goblin, his hand falling on her leg as streams of his blood flowed onto the ground. Veriss' face and body was covered in blood, some of which was her own. She retained the stoic expression that she had almost always as she turned to attack another. Off to the side some, she saw the shaman moving for an attack on Mia. She decided that Mia was quite capable, but noted to keep an eye on her. If trouble was to arise, Veriss would make way to strike the shaman herself. In the meantime, the remaining goblins were her target...

OOC: Is it me or does the goblin ranks seem to go on forever? lol. Endless goblins isn't so bad. Alot of blood to write about!
I'm OCD for EKD!

Carianna Mareleth (Cian's Quest) - Profile - Gallery
Grennith (New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Itoya* (New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Jeren Octavian Aldener (Search for Nat) - Profile - Gallery
Jleslie "Rose" Seif (A New Balance) - Profile - Gallery
Orion* (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Rone Kalmaine (Vampire Hunt) - Profile - Gallery
Desmond "Rory" D'Angelline (Adventures in Lodoss) - Profile - Gallery
Terelyn "Crimson Corsair" Tai'var (Building an Empire at Sea) - Profile - Gallery
Veriss Trelem (Liberation of Ales) - Profile - Gallery
Yrsanne* (Hunt for Kiran) - Profile - Gallery
Zylanthian Baratoice (Lost Humanity) - Profile - Gallery

Zatch

Post by Zatch »

Nessa might have been close to the edge of losing himself, but apparently Hyuri was uninterested in him. Perhaps there were no Hyuri spirits nearby (Aside from the one occupying Veriss). Or maybe they had better candidates, Lodoss was a war torn land, there were many more enraged souls to choose from. Either way Nessa seemed to retain mind and soul.

"What's a hurrey?" The boy asked knowing nothing of the rage spirit. He then ignored the statement to address her concern.

"I'm fine, just needed to blow off some steam."

OOC: I originally meant for there to be a handful of very skilled goblins but we were cutting them down too fast so I added more. Plus the battle ended when Dralock killed the leader, we're just catching up to him.

Aiyanna Starwind

IC:

Aiyanna sighed and motioned for him to come close,

"Let me stop that bleeding at least.And Hyuri spirit if a spirit of rage.It possesses people who become enraged and drives to seek revenge.They allow one to fight on, even if they have grave body damage.They in the end kill their host."

Aiyanna fished out the small green bottle again.

"Do you want to bleed to death, before having to fight again? hurry, there is more of them to fight."

Aiyanna,

Alera Tai'var

Post by Alera Tai'var »

OOC: Since the catch up is occurring, I will finish mine here. We will have but to wait for Mia to take out the Shaman. I spoke to her last night and she said she would get to it, although she was not sure when. But that would catch her up. Meanwhile, Aiyanna and Nessa can do whatever they are doing...

IC:

Veriss' heavy blade came down onto a running goblin, dropping to the ground. The massive warrioress watched their hasty retreat silently. Her shoulder had been stabbed into, but the pain was secondary to her. Her armor made her limber, but it also left parts of her exposed. As she made sure no more goblins had stayed to attack again, she pulled the thick blade up with one arm and carefully put the sword back in its sheath. The sword itself was the color of goblin blood instead of the bright silver color it once was. She, too, was colored as such. Veriss appeared to have gone against an army alone and survived. Numerous splatters of blood covered her body and her hair. Her muscles bulged from severe stress and ached from activity. Only one thing seemed to have not changed about her. The expression on her face and the empty eyes within it that was the same as if she had been sitting around the mercenary guild before she left.

They should have retreated much earlier. They could have avoided such a major loss of numbers. Veriss swallowed, although her mouth was dry. She could taste the flavor of blood in her mouth. It was bitter... Veriss glanced at her punctured shoulder for a second, and then paid it no mind. It didn't hurt as much as it looked.
I'm OCD for EKD!

Carianna Mareleth (Cian's Quest) - Profile - Gallery
Grennith (New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Itoya* (New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Jeren Octavian Aldener (Search for Nat) - Profile - Gallery
Jleslie "Rose" Seif (A New Balance) - Profile - Gallery
Orion* (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Rone Kalmaine (Vampire Hunt) - Profile - Gallery
Desmond "Rory" D'Angelline (Adventures in Lodoss) - Profile - Gallery
Terelyn "Crimson Corsair" Tai'var (Building an Empire at Sea) - Profile - Gallery
Veriss Trelem (Liberation of Ales) - Profile - Gallery
Yrsanne* (Hunt for Kiran) - Profile - Gallery
Zylanthian Baratoice (Lost Humanity) - Profile - Gallery

Mia
Z's Account

Post by Mia »

Zatch wrote:Once the spell had done it's job the old shaman had no need to stay on the hill. Slowly the old goblin raised his staff and chanted to the wind spirits. His frail body was soon locked into an envelope of swirling air currents strong enough to lift him from the ground and carry him to the battle field.

It wasn't long before he chose his opponent, the elf who was the only one who could offer a challenge. None but the sturdiest blade could pierce his caccoon of wind, and only she could stir excitement into his blood.

The other goblins jumped out of the way, not daring to stand between the elder and his prey. He didn't directly challenge Mia, instead he opted to let his actions speak for him as he directed his staff at her and weaved the incantation for an earth spell. Within moments sharp stalagmites shot up from the underground network of caves beneath them, aimed to impale Mia.

"Hyuri possessions are rare," Mia mentioned offhandedly to Aiyanna just before the ground erupted beneath her. However, she had felt the summoning of earth spirits and knew that some how that element would be used against her. Her elven speed and agility allowed her to avoid the stalagmites, but once they had all risen to the ground, Mia used them to gain a better vantage. She could see the air spirits protecting the shaman as a shield, she couldn't be sure of just how strong it was, but from this distance, it was best to have a battle of spirits.

"Valkyrie, great spirit of light, answer my call and blind my enemy!" Mia called, and a brilliant light flashed in front of the goblin shaman. Then, as a stark contrast, she called to Fetch. "Spirits of darkness, drain the strength of my enemy!"

"Falis! I need a drink!"
The next morning...

Zatch

Post by Zatch »

OOC: Sorry, been busy.

IC: The old shaman howled in pain as his nocturnal vision was blinded by the punishing light, so much so that that he wasn't able to react to the second spell until it was too late. Strength was sapped from the goblin's already frail body as he had to lean on his staff just to stay on his feet.

The shaman felt intrigued more than threatened that Mia was able to use two opposing elements so close to one another. With some of his precious remaining energy the shaman beckoned the wind spirits around him to support the brunt of his weight.

"Gugh chea nav." he uttered under his breath, roughly translating to 'defend yourself'. He then unleashed a volley of wind gusts on Mia from all directions, they were short but near hurricane force that could easily push her into one of the surrounding stalagmites.

Zatch

Post by Zatch »

aiyanna_starwind wrote:IC:

Aiyanna sighed and motioned for him to come close,

"Let me stop that bleeding at least.And Hyuri spirit if a spirit of rage.It possesses people who become enraged and drives to seek revenge.They allow one to fight on, even if they have grave body damage.They in the end kill their host."

Aiyanna fished out the small green bottle again.

"Do you want to bleed to death, before having to fight again? hurry, there is more of them to fight."

Aiyanna,

Nessa approached Aiyanna and allowed her to heal him. While she did he mulled over the idea of being possessed by a Hyuri spirit. Except for the last part it sounded like a good deal, instant power and the ability to fight even when heavily wounded. But only at the cost of one's life, everything has a price.

Aiyanna Starwind

IC:

Nessa's wound closed and stopped bleeding, since they weren't deep wounds, the skin healed ont he outside at least.Though to Nessa, inside body will be still in pain but bearable.

"Come on, wee should help Veriss, stick close to me. I don't want to die yet and neither do you.So stick together."

Aiyanna,

Mia
Z's Account

Post by Mia »

Zatch wrote:OOC: Sorry, been busy.

IC: The old shaman howled in pain as his nocturnal vision was blinded by the punishing light, so much so that that he wasn't able to react to the second spell until it was too late. Strength was sapped from the goblin's already frail body as he had to lean on his staff just to stay on his feet.

The shaman felt intrigued more than threatened that Mia was able to use two opposing elements so close to one another. With some of his precious remaining energy the shaman beckoned the wind spirits around him to support the brunt of his weight.

"Gugh chea nav." he uttered under his breath, roughly translating to 'defend yourself'. He then unleashed a volley of wind gusts on Mia from all directions, they were short but near hurricane force that could easily push her into one of the surrounding stalagmites.

The gust of wind knocked Mia off her perch and slammed her face first into another stalagmite, and when she fell, she lodged her hips securely between two others. Dazed from the blow to her head, Mia had to take a moment to gather her wits enough to cast another spell. Apparently, he was too drained to cast more spells since one gust of wind was all he could muster. "Let's see how YOU like it," Mia murmured.

"Spirits of the earth, thrust your spears at my enemy!" Mia called. Her spell was the same the shaman intially cast at her, thrusting stalagmites up through the ground.

"Falis! I need a drink!"
The next morning...

Mia
Z's Account

Post by Mia »

OOC: Song, feel free to help Lucied out.

IC: The one-eyed goblin stalked toward Lucied, tense and ready to defend himself. He stepped over his fallen comrade as if he weren't even there, howling in pain on the ground. Lucied snarled and crouched close to the ground, ready to dart in either direction to dodge an attack.

One-eye swung, and Lucied darted to the side, but the goblin was only feinting and then swung to follow the wolf. The blade caught the side of Lucied's face, leaving a gash from under his jaw and up his cheek. The wolf yelped and leapt further back, only to leap forward again to go for the goblin's arm...

"Falis! I need a drink!"
The next morning...

kaychan03

Post by kaychan03 »

Song listened watching the fight, not really caring all that much. She watched the wolf, when she heard him yelp, she felt angry. She jumped onto Lazorus's back "we fight" she said grabbing her swordfrom her holster, and heading into the fray. She rode at a quick pace, her sword out going for the goblins free arm, in hopes to slice it off. Probably wasn't going to work, but she might as well try, dumb goblin for injuring an innocent animal.

Return to “RPG: Out of Alan”