Roads of Alania: Camp: Morning (Archive Repost)

Game canceled.
Alera Tai'var

Re: Roads of Alania: Camp: Morning (Archive Repost)

Post by Alera Tai'var »

Zatch wrote:"I hope you're not telling me to be afraid of him." said Nessa, apparently missing Veriss' point. Though he tried not to sound offended.

"Unless Azala knows I'm willing to stand up for myself then what's to stop him from walking all over me?"

Nessa's oppinion reflected his former life in a remote village, constantly threatened by goblins, bandits, and a greedy baron. If you chose not to fight you could watch everything burn to the ground, only for it to happen again as soon as you rebuilt it. Or you could fight back and maybe die, but at least it will be for something and not of something. This is what kept Ceana safe, the farmers haven't had to fight in almost a decade because it was well known that they were willing to fight. The mere fact that they wouldn't roll over and die was enough to keep most bandits away.

Fight back. That's what his father taught him, no matter how outmatched you think you are you always fight back. The alternative is always much worse.

Veriss shook her head slowly. "To show that you are wise enough not to start unnecessary battles would... show that you are better than he. By letting him excite you, you show him that you are weaker of heart and mind. That is worse than being weak of body."

The warrior's head fell, thinking. She wanted to say more... to elaborate it, but she could not find any feeling to drive it. She hoped Nessa would understand better. She was trying her best to imitate normal people. She chose words that seemed like there should be emotion involved. Although her voice could not convey them, she hoped he could imagine that there was something there...
I'm OCD for EKD!

Carianna Mareleth (Cian's Quest) - Profile - Gallery
Grennith (New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Itoya* (New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Jeren Octavian Aldener (Search for Nat) - Profile - Gallery
Jleslie "Rose" Seif (A New Balance) - Profile - Gallery
Orion* (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Rone Kalmaine (Vampire Hunt) - Profile - Gallery
Desmond "Rory" D'Angelline (Adventures in Lodoss) - Profile - Gallery
Terelyn "Crimson Corsair" Tai'var (Building an Empire at Sea) - Profile - Gallery
Veriss Trelem (Liberation of Ales) - Profile - Gallery
Yrsanne* (Hunt for Kiran) - Profile - Gallery
Zylanthian Baratoice (Lost Humanity) - Profile - Gallery

Aiyanna Starwind

Post by Aiyanna Starwind »

Aiyanna raised her eyebrow first at Mia's speech.

"Long as he keeps opinions to himself , that will be fine."

Aiyanna then looked around the camp and noticed that Veriss and Nessa in some sort of intense conversation.Others trying to engage in more politer or lighter conversation.

She looked at her journal and pondered, what elves were really like, she hasn't encountered more 5 of them in her entire life.Mainly in temples and near the Mirror Forest but not around this area.Maybe it was good for her to start this trip...to see this world filled with things she didn't understand.
Aiyanna Irisis (A New Balance) - Profile - Gallery

Zatch

Post by Zatch »

Alera Tai'var wrote:Veriss shook her head slowly. "To show that you are wise enough not to start unnecessary battles would... show that you are better than he. By letting him excite you, you show him that you are weaker of heart and mind. That is worse than being weak of body."

The warrior's head fell, thinking. She wanted to say more... to elaborate it, but she could not find any feeling to drive it. She hoped Nessa would understand better. She was trying her best to imitate normal people. She chose words that seemed like there should be emotion involved. Although her voice could not convey them, she hoped he could imagine that there was something there...

Nessa bit his lower lip and tried to process Veriss' lecture. As hard as he tried the boy still couldn't see the logic in her words, at least not as they concerned him.

Veriss was a strong warrior, she probably had the luxury of choosing her battles. Nessa however was still a novice, he felt he still needed to prove his worth, if not to others then certainly to himself. How could he do that if he ducked out of every conflict?

"Whatever." He said once more. That had become the word he used whenever he tried to sound indifferent, but so far it was pretty clear each time that he was troubled.
Kai (A New Balance) - Profile - Gallery
Nessa (A New Balance) - Profile - Gallery
Trent Delumbra (Trials of the Half-Elven) - Profile - Gallery
Wryen - Profile - Gallery

Alera Tai'var

Post by Alera Tai'var »

Veriss finished her meal in silence. Nessa was not receptive to her words. It appeared that he was not interested in them after all. If that was the case, the lady knight decided, she would not bother him further with a warrior's attempt at philosophy. When she finished, she placed the dish with the others and sat across from Nessa by the fire. The knight closed her eyes and began the familiar form of meditation that she did so often. It was elven in nature. It was a common position and form made for relaxation and intense inner understanding. It was supposed to create inner peace, which was exactly what Veriss had always needed. Despite her condition, she believed that all warriors should practice it. It helped her in more ways than one.

OOC: If anyone wants to interrupt, they are welcome to.
I'm OCD for EKD!

Terelyn "Crimson Corsair" Tai'var (Building an Empire at Sea) - Profile - Gallery

Mia
Z's Account

Post by Mia »

Mia practically shoveled the porridge into her mouth, eating quickly so they could get on the road. Every one else had eaten, and they didn't need to dawdle here any longer than was neccessary. Once she scrapped the last bit of bloated grain from her bowl, she passed it to Aiyanna who had stacked the others and hopped to her feet.

"Alright everyone, let's get going! Pack up if you haven't already, we're hitting the road as soon as possible," Mia ordered the mercenaries and moved to her sleeping spot where she left her belongings. She was ready for the most part, there were only a few more things she had to tuck away that she had left out when the conflict with Azala started.
Mia (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery

"Falis! I need a drink!"
The next morning...
"Falis, I need to quit drinking..."

Aiyanna Starwind

Post by Aiyanna Starwind »

Aiyanna poured a little amount of water from one of the two water skin she carried.She was really lazy to go to the creek again, so she carefully controlled the water's motion to get much wash out of it as possible.With that she handed back all the bowls and snuffed out the flames and covered with nearby soil.

Aiyanna lifted her back pack to her back and adjusted it, getting ready to go.Her mana has returned fully and felt much better.
Aiyanna Irisis (A New Balance) - Profile - Gallery

Priestess Thalia
Z's Account

Post by Priestess Thalia »

Thalia and Avion quickly prepared to leave on Mia's order. Thalia rolled up her blankets, attached them to her saddlebags, then she and Avion went to saddle their respective mounts.

OOC: just posting a filler to move us along...Gale's having computer problems, so I gotta post for him.
Thalia Bodewhin (Search for Nat) - Profile - Gallery

Alera Tai'var

Post by Alera Tai'var »

Veriss' eyes blinked open at Mia's summons. It took the knight a moment to fully remove herself from the strong form of meditation that she practiced. Quietly, she stood and began to gather what little she owned. Her horse was investigating a tree, as he usually would do. The warrioress gathered her armor and hooked everything into place over her chain mail and prepared to depart.
I'm OCD for EKD!

Zatch

Post by Zatch »

Nessa finished the rest of his food with an impressively massive gulp and began packing his modest belongings. As he did, the boy tried once more to grasp Veriss' lecture. He felt bad for dissmising sincere advice, advice that he desperatly needed as a novice. But he wasn't ready for that lesson, for that he would still need to learn what it means to be a warrior rather than a thug. But in time he would understand. Nessa's path had barely began, in time the answers would come.
Kai (A New Balance) - Profile - Gallery
Nessa (A New Balance) - Profile - Gallery
Trent Delumbra (Trials of the Half-Elven) - Profile - Gallery
Wryen - Profile - Gallery

Mia
Z's Account

Post by Mia »

OOC: Gonna archive this and finish the chapter, and we'll jump to a new thread a few hours later....once I figure out what'll happen.

IC: The camp cleared out, everyone packed, the three horses were saddled, and everyone headed for the road. Mia supervised, as she felt it was her duty, Lucied sitting by her side. Suddenly, she realized who was missing, someone who was rather hard to miss with her pegasus.

"Hey, where's Song?" Mia asked.

"She left last night," Dralock said, again having to explain. "Wouldn't say a word, just packed up and flew off."

"Hmph, too bad. Hope she doesn't get into any trouble," Mia said, then turned to join the group on the road.
Mia (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery

"Falis! I need a drink!"
The next morning...
"Falis, I need to quit drinking..."

Return to “RPG: Out of Alan”