Roid (Archive Repost)

Mercenaries from across Lodoss are called together with the promise of glory and treasure as Karla begins a new plot to bend Lodoss to her will.
CANCELED
Kiran
Z's Account

Roid (Archive Repost)

Post by Kiran »

Z wrote:I'm starting a project that may never be finished and may be a fruitless task. I'm reposting old threads from the group and previous forum for prosperity's sake, and to boost the post counts for old members to where they should really be.

It took some effort, but Kiran had been able to sneak into the Holy City during the night during a shift change for the guards. Why? Well, he was curious. He'd never been to Roid before. With his hood to hide his ears and sometimes his face, he wandered the city streets and kept a low profile. Of all the cities in Lodoss, Roid was probably the worst to be a dark elf in.

However, in his wanderings, his attention was caught by a small shop with jewelry in the window. As he looked at the display in the front window, his eyes caught movement inside. What he saw made his jaw drop. Inside, a beautiful dark elven woman was tending the store. She had quite a dark complexion, ivory white hair and he could see her eyes were a brilliant blue. Kiran snapped his jaw shut, dropped his head to hide his face and moved on. Amazing, a dark elf had actually been able to make a place for herself in the Holy City. Maybe he'd keep an eye on her today...

OOC: Tags to Mory or anyone else who wants to start in Roid. Geez, all these elves of mine with their hoods up is starting to become cliche. Time for change, post coming up for Ciprian!
Kiran (Hunt for Kiran) - Profile - Gallery
I've dealt with my ghosts and I've faced all my demons
Finally content with a past I regret
I've found you find strength in your moments of weakness
For once I'm at peace with myself

dngtexn

Re: Roid (Archive Repost)

Post by dngtexn »

((Assuming that Kiran is walking away since you said he is moving on))

Nipa strolled though the streets and walked past the stranger that had his hood up. However in contrast to the hooded stranger, Nipa had his hood down and for being four foot 2 and a half inches tall, he walked proud. To some he looked like a young elf but for those that recognized it, he wore a cloak made by the dark elves, boots by the high elves and a belt made by the dwarves.

With a smile on his face he approached the door to Moryssa's shop and walked in. "Good morning!" He said happily

Nipa, Grass Runner of Alecrast
http://www.eiyuukishiden.com/Characters/nipa.html

((ooc if you want Mory the two could know each other as he is a merchant/trader too, otherwise he is just out and examining the different shops around))
Your Friends,
Caradithil and Dinalindel; Centaurs of the Glassy Woods

Caradithil (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Dinalindel (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Nipa (A New Balance) - Profile - Gallery

Lady Moryssa

Post by Lady Moryssa »

Moryssa turned from the shelf she was currently adjusting items on and looked at the grassrunner.

"It's always a good morning in Roid."

Her words were steeped in sarcasm. After a few more moments, the apparently satisfied dark elf stepped back and then devoted her full attention to the only other person in the store.

"I'm sorry, Nipa. Those cursed priests came in here this morning, and began 'blessing' my wares. As if I'd even bother with cursed goods! Sometimes I swear I'd be better off devoting my time to one of the darker gods. I hear Falaris is regaining prominence."

She winked at the trader playfully.

"At least that blasted Sakura has gone on her pilgrimage. I can finally enter the temple without too much hassle."

She brushes back a few strands of hair, while offering some bread to the four foot (:P) man standing in front of her.

"So what brings you here? Murder, mahem, gossip? Or did you just miss me?"
Moryssa (A New Balance) - Profile - Gallery

dngtexn

Post by dngtexn »

Nipa smirked at her sarcasm but waited until she finished before saying anything. "Well can't it be a little of all of it?" He asked and wiggled his eyebrows at her. He took the bread and sighed, "All down the strip people are saying things, though not openly of course, and all I can say is I am glad they have not invaded my shop yet... Though I guess I have to actually pick a place and setup to have one... Oh well." He shrugged his shoulders.

"Which temple do you go to, I do not recall Sakura, though from what you say and Cha Za's luck may I not run into her." After saying that so loud he ducked his head and looked around.

Seeing no one was going to hit him Nipa let his eye drift over the items in the store, "I keep trying to find a good place, but every time I try to start a shop I keep running into problems," He looked at her seriously, "Tell me, is this not a cute enough face to loan money to so he can start a shop?" Even as he said it he cracked a smile.

Nipa, Grass Runner of Alecrast

((and I saw the 4 foot thought, but since she did not say anything, well he cannot use one of his famous sayings.))
Your Friends,

Lady Moryssa

Post by Lady Moryssa »

Moryssa frowned when he asked her what temple she went to. The fact was she was forced to worship away from all the other followers of Cha Za.

"Ironically, she's a priestess of Cha Za. She was always busy making my life miserable."

She allowed the grassrunner to continue, cracking a smile after he finished.

"For me, no face is cute enough to loan to."

She winked at him.

"But, I can probably help you set up shop. Of course, to set up shop you actually have to settle down someplace. There are always problems for a new business, but they can be settled with time."

She took a seat on her counter and began polishing a silver, gem encrusted necklace. Then after a moment, she paused and looked up...or down at the grassrunner.

"I have the most brilliant idea. Why not set up a network between different merchants and cities? Since you don't mind travelling, you could help merchants trade their wares. That's a service I'd be willing to pay for."

dngtexn

Post by dngtexn »

Nipa looked sad when she mentioned that the priestess was in a temple he liked to go to. "I am sorry My Lady. The God of Luck and Fortune has many followers, and they can be pig headed at time.. . May Cha Za forgive me for that. I may not be a priest but May Cha Za bless you with his good fortune and increase your business."

The idea of setting up the network was a good one, and he had thought about it several times. "Sadly I do not think that the traveling would work well for me. In order to be good at it I need to be able to have a cart loaded with wares and I seem to draw a lot of attention... Not all of it good. Many bandits see me as an easy target. So far they have all been mistaken, but if I was to do that I would need to find extra help. Though I am glad you think I'm cute." He gave her a wink and chuckled.

He sat down on one of the stools in the shop. "You would not happen to have any friends or acquaintances that would mind helping me set up that network would you?" For some reason he just could not get that out of his head. "See if I started from here, and with good protection I could have your products in any city in just a few days... If I just carried the stuff I could cut across the country and be there sooner, but that could invite danger... But then again taking a wagon across the road is dangerous at times too."
Your Friends,

Lady Moryssa

Post by Lady Moryssa »

Moryssa thought for a moment.

"I own a couple of shops across Lodoss, and have partial ownership of a few inns. I can send a messenger to them. The inns will at least make sure you have a safe place to stay when you enter the cities. I'd suggest you talk to the Merchants' Guild. I'm sure they'd be more than willing to back you. If need be, I'll sponsor you, though I warn you I'm a shrewd business partner."

She took a bite of her own bread and then a sip of her honey-milk.

"As for protection, that's what the Mercenary Guild is for. As a matter of fact, I was planning on stopping by there later. There've been rumors of some magical items causing issues and I'm sure the Mage's Guild would love that. That's why humans shouldn't meddle with sorcery. The only true magic is shamanism."

dngtexn

Post by dngtexn »

Nipa smiled brightly, "There is noting wrong with being shrewd, in fact that would help make sure things do not get out of hand. I would welcome being a partner with you. But you are right, we would need mercenary's... Though hopefully not the big dumb kind." He shook his head and could not help himself. "Humans are interesting, they have a strange spirit and always refuse to give up, though sometimes they should. And when it come to magic, most humans try to take the fast way and it only causes more trouble."

"If you would not mind, I would love to accompany you. But you know... I never knew your business was so vast." He gave her a sly look, "So what else have you been hiding from me?"
Your Friends,

Luria

Post by Luria »

Luda stepped lightly through the streets, holding her weapon at her side. Citizens avoided her or nodded, like they would a gaurd or soldier. The weaponry tended to ward off people asking for insignificant favors. Luda didn't like being asked to spend her energy on blessing someone's miscellaneous items or mending a minor scratch. Energy should be conserved for more important things.

This morning Luda's mother gave her some disturbing news. There seemed to be a dark elf working in a shop along this street and the priests were harassing it
constantly. That didn't sit well with the young Priestess of Myrii and she decided to go look for herself.

Approaching the shop she saw a man staring into the window. He was cloaked and had a dark complexion. She sighed in dismay, doubting that he was just a human with a really good tan. Certainly they could be a bit less conspicuous. If more dark elves were following the shopkeep girl into Roid, then there could be a serious problem after all.

"Excuse me," she said, tapping the man on the shoulder. "It's rather odd to be wearing such a dark hood on such a beautiful day, isn't it?"
Luda Rhan (A New Balance/Search for the Stormlord) - Profile - Gallery
Luria (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Toan* (A New Balance) - Profile - Gallery

Kiran
Z's Account

Post by Kiran »

Kiran straightened as he felt the tap on his shoulder. Oh gods... He thought to himself. Slowly, he turned back to see who this woman was. Kiran's amber eyes met hers. A priestess. Wonderful. He quickly dropped his face to hide in the shadow of his hood, though it was probably too late to do anything.

"I uh...I'm afraid I have a bit of a hangover. I drank a bit much last night. The light hurts, you know," he lied. I'm screwed.

Luria

Post by Luria »

"Lying will only get you into deeper trouble," Luda responded to Kiran. She tried not to seem threatening but it might not have worked. "I'm not here to cause trouble with you, I'm only here to speak with the girl who keeps the shop. Do you know her?" She assumed that they were somehow related since it was rare to see a dark elf here.

Kiran
Z's Account

Post by Kiran »

"Ah...no, I don't know her," Kiran replied. His voice had become a little shakey, but he tried to get it under control. Gods, I hope she doesn't want anything more than that.

Luria

Post by Luria »

"Truly?" Luda did not sense that the man was lying and decided to believe him. "I suppose you're just as surprised to see a dark elf in the area as I am. Well sir, I appologize for being rude if I was. Please take care. The people of Roid are alarmed by your kind. It's been even worse since the break-ins during the war five years ago, and I'd hate to see one of you get into trouble on account of that. I leave you with Myrii's blessings." With that said, she turned from Kiran and stepped into the shop. There she saw the dark elf woman in question. She was engaged in conversation so Luda tried not to interupt. As she suspected, there was no sign of any allegiance to dark sorcerers of old Marmo anywhere in the store and the girl had no aura of darkness at all, only the deep spiritual aura of any other elf.

Kiran
Z's Account

Post by Kiran »

Kiran stood slack-jawed for a moment as the priestess walked away. "Thank...you?" he murmured, though she was out of range of hearing. "Thank you Cha Za and Myrii," he murmured to himself and readjusted his hood. He glanced around the street for signs so he could remember exactly where this shop was, then he moved on. Later he might check up on the dark elf, maybe find an excuse to go in and talk to her.

OOC: Kiran'll show up later when Moryssa posts a notice or whatever.

Lady Moryssa

Post by Lady Moryssa »

"That, little man, is something you'll have to wait to find out."

Moryssa winked at the grassrunner. The soft chime of the door opening made her quickly put her food and drink away.

"Hello, may I help...you..."

The courteous smile she had to greet her customer was soon replaced with a venom-laced sneer.

"Get out of my establishment now. I have all my papers and nothing dealing with dark gods or magic. This is your first and last warning. Nipa, be a dear and get behind the counter. If this woman thinks I'm playing, it might get messy."

Her blue eyes never left the priestess even as she herself pulled out her rapier. While the priests of Myrii were battle trained, Moryssa still had at least 20 years of experience on the woman. That, even without being the best at melee combat, would hopefully be enough to give her a minor advantage. Of course, Moryssa hoped it didn't come to that.

Return to “RPG: A New Balance”