Roid - Tavern (Archive Repost)

Mercenaries from across Lodoss are called together with the promise of glory and treasure as Karla begins a new plot to bend Lodoss to her will.
CANCELED
CrimsonJustice

Re: Roid - Tavern (Archive Repost)

Post by CrimsonJustice »

Ultarik nodded in reply after seeing the altrication, hearing the mans name and his words he sighed.

"It was a long time ago, I have fought on to preserve her memory. Your words are truly appreciated, even if I don't show anything. I'll go too, I think a change is good."

After that he downed his drink and then looked around, some of the bigger and more drunk guys were looking at him with a challenging look as he shook his head. He would not start another brawl, they were not worth it.

"The place better than this dive? Some of these idiots think they can take me, when I have proven otherwise."
Daulag Udaar (Bastion's Demons) - Profile - Gallery
Jereidon Thappis (Search for the Stormlord/Quest for Neria) - Profile - Gallery
Kylia Stormshadow aka Nuij Velg'larn (Cian's Quest) - Profile - Gallery
Nakira Tan'kari (Vampire Hunt) - Profile - Gallery
Rylan (The Golden Egg) - Profile - Gallery
Thiana (Hunt for Kiran) - Profile - Gallery
Tornalin "Bloodscar" Stoneshard (Building an Empire at Sea) - Profile - Gallery
Ultarik Grimeye (New Marmo Republic/A New Balance) - Profile - Gallery

Wolf

Post by Wolf »

"Well then." Jinn slid out of his chair and headed for the door, trusting the other two to follow.

The one-armed man made his way through the crowd then the streets. The building his sought wasn't on the main road, or one of its many branches. After a half-dozen twists and more turns they came to a thin street to a building without a sign.

When they came close to the door there was only silence from the other side disturbed only by the scratching of wooden pegs on the floor. Jinn pushed the heavy door open and stepped in.

The inside was dark but clearly a place for drink. There were a dozen tables but only three of them filled. The men and women there drank quietly and spoke at a whisper, only breaking conversation for a drink. The man behind the bar, his face and hands riddled with scars, studied them quickly before nodding to them, giving his permission to enter further.

"This is it. The Dark Whisper."

-jinn
Ashe Wolfarius (A New Balance) - Profile - Gallery
Jinn Rishnah (A New Balance) - Profile - Gallery

CrimsonJustice

Post by CrimsonJustice »

Ultarik looked around and seemed to like he place, fairly quiet and empty he figured that this place was selective on clients.

"Few would even dare come here, place has a different air to it. More forboding yet more welcoming than with the drunks, plus it looks like it serves better drink than the swill that place had."

He followed Jinn to a table and sat down, setting his axe beside him he waited for a barmaid and ordered some ale that came from the isle of marmo.

Kiran
Z's Account

Post by Kiran »

Kiran took a seat with his new companions, then tentatively removed his hood to reveal his elven ears. He asked the maid for an elven wine, and was quite pleased to know they carried it. "This place seems much better," Kiran said softly.
Kiran (Hunt for Kiran) - Profile - Gallery
I've dealt with my ghosts and I've faced all my demons
Finally content with a past I regret
I've found you find strength in your moments of weakness
For once I'm at peace with myself

CrimsonJustice

Post by CrimsonJustice »

Ultarik saw his ears and nodded with a grin of approval, Kiran was someone he could trust by descent obviously.

"Yeah it does, alot more class than that drunk tank we were in before. Anybody know if the guild has any newjobs up, last time I saw nothing that caught my eye."

He thought of going back eventually to check for work, that was something he did once or twice a day so that he could keep afloat. As their drinks came he nodded to the maid and then took a drink of his ale, it was far better than the previous places ale.

Wolf

Post by Wolf »

"It's a quiet place with good drink. There's usually at least one in a city." Jinn asked for a beer made from a recipe from Alecrast. The maid that had served them brought that quickly as well.

"Now... you mentioned jobs. There was one..." Jinn leaned in over his mug and smiled. "That seemed amusing to say the least. It involves a wizard, a tower and the Forest of Mirrors. What do you think?"

-jinn

Kiran
Z's Account

Post by Kiran »

"Hmm....I am not a mercenary by trade, but I would travel with you, anything to get me out of this bloody city," Kiran replied, then took a sip of his wine. "I am sick of hiding under my hood." As uncomfortable as he was here, he couldn't get that dark elven woman he saw earlier out of his mind. Perhaps he should just step forward and say hello later.
For once I'm at peace with myself

Wolf

Post by Wolf »

"And think of the adventure." Jinn downed the last of his beer with his head thrown back. "Magic and swords. And different drink from over the island."

This was the freedom Jinn sought by coming to Lodoss. Though his true foal was to further his training in the sword he could not help but enjoy the adventure.

"What do you say Grimeye?"

Grimeye nodded his approval. Jinn smiled, an adventure. He stood and pointed towards the door. "Let's get to the mercinary's guild. The message was posted there. We can get more information then head out."

Jinn reached into a small pouch on his belt and left enough coin on the table to cover his drink, Grimeye did the same before standing.

-jinn

Kiran
Z's Account

Post by Kiran »

:!: Bump