Temple of Rada (Archive Repost)

Rescued from a life of thieving and slavery, a boy is offered a second chance at life as the squire of a knight, but first, he must confront the man who forced him into a life of crime.
On indefinite hiatus
Alera Tai'var

Temple of Rada (Archive Repost)

Post by Alera Tai'var »

Z wrote:To save all our history for posterity, and boost members' post counts, I'm reposting old threads from the yahoo group and old forum. It may be a long and tedious task, but hopefully it'll be done and we can find all our history in one place!

OOC: I'll just move us along to the temple, because I can...

IC:

With that, the party of three made preparations and began to maneuver through the city once more. Carianna led them down several roads with booths on the sides of selling wears and services. She passed through the acedemics quarter, using a side road as a short cut to get home. The precession looked strange. Many people throughout the city had seen Carianna and knew very well her beliefs. It looked strange for her to be walking with a knight. But a younger one was no surprise whatsoever. People stared, some waved, and some called out to her. All were met with a kind word in return from the priestess as she moved rather nonchalantly through the roads.

The first temple they met, the first in the temple district was the Temple of Rada. It was important to have it so close to the acedemic quarters, since, many times, the temple would work with the different intellectual societies in public works. But the temple was a source of learning all its own. The temple itself was peaceful and calming to the eye. The white stone building was not overwhelming and not highly decorated. Instead, it was just clean. As they approached, a priestess popped out, looking at who was coming. She waved to Carianna and called out a greeting, which Cari did in return.

"So, Cari, why are you back so soon?" she asked, curious as always.

"Ran into a bit of trouble with some bad people. Just had to deliver them to the proper authorities," Cari replied, as if it was a usual occurance.

"I see... And your friends?"

"The authorities would call them 'victims of an attack', but..." she leaned back, winking to them, "I think they could have turned the attackers into the victims in good time. I had to step in..."

"Really..."

"Well, of course. Do me a favor and send for the high priest to my room, would you? One of them requires a much more powerful healing..."

"No problem. I will see you later tonight," she said, nodding her head.

"That you will," Cari confirmed as the girl took a dash off. "That's Darielle. I don't know anyone who is more talkative than her. She is a very good teacher in literature, but not many people take the class. I did, though."

They entered the large, open building. Inside, people bustled around, and many were not even of Rada in priesthood. Many were normal people. Unlike many temples across Lodoss, Carianna's was very active in services to the public, including schooling for those who cannot afford the academies. Depending on who they were, some classes could be offered on credit, but none were truly free inside the temple. Any free classes were taught outside the temple in an area provided by the priest who ran it and was quite individual in nature. The temple could not afford to provide free classes all the time. But Cari did a few free classes on the street to people who needed something to get them started.

Many of them knew Carianna and waved a greeting, nodded, or said a good word. Cari, in return, would respond with a graceful head nod. Normally, she would stop and chat with people, but they did have an injury on their hands. She led the group into the temple halls and finally to the living quarters. Carianna arrived at her door and a man in extravagent robes was already standing there. As she arrived, she bowed to him and spoke his name in respect. "High Priest Maernius."

He nodded. "Priestess Carianna. Are you injured?"

"No. This one..." she said, leading Cian into the room. She led him to her bedside. The entire room was white, except for a few knick-knacks, books, and ornaments that seemed to stand out in her room. It was quite simple and not in the least fancy. Hung on a side of the wall were several of, for the most part, the same, low-end clothes that she wore this day. She looked back to the high priest, who nodded to her. She hoped that he would be fine.
I'm OCD for EKD!

Carianna Mareleth (Cian's Quest) - Profile - Gallery
Grennith (New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Itoya* (New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Jeren Octavian Aldener (Search for Nat) - Profile - Gallery
Jleslie "Rose" Seif (A New Balance) - Profile - Gallery
Orion* (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Rone Kalmaine (Vampire Hunt) - Profile - Gallery
Desmond "Rory" D'Angelline (Adventures in Lodoss) - Profile - Gallery
Terelyn "Crimson Corsair" Tai'var (Building an Empire at Sea) - Profile - Gallery
Veriss Trelem (Liberation of Ales) - Profile - Gallery
Yrsanne* (Hunt for Kiran) - Profile - Gallery
Zylanthian Baratoice (Lost Humanity) - Profile - Gallery

Ciprian Tremas
Z's Account

Re: Return to Roid (Archive Repost)

Post by Ciprian Tremas »

Ciprian moved out of the way and stood against a wall so Cian could be healed. As a Holy Knight, he had high respect for the priests, he didn't question their motives, nor worry for someone in their care anymore than was reasonable.

OOC: Time to get this thread going again.
Ciprian Tremas (Cian's Quest) - Profile - Gallery

Scars heal, glory fades
And all we're left with are the memories made
Pain hurts, but only for a minute
Life is short so go on and live it
'Cause the chicks dig it

singularityman

Post by singularityman »

As Carianna led Cian into the room, the young boy glanced at Maernius a bit warily but when he noticed that Cip had moved over to the side and Cari seemed to have no problem with this he felt a bit more at ease. Cian chided himself mentally for being so on edge, the young thief just wasn't used to such kindness and positive attention. As he glanced around he noticed a few books and scrolls in the room as well, Cian could only barely make out a symbol or a word, Emir had never given the boy much of an education in truly reading and writing. Emir only taught him certain words and symbols he'd need to recognize to do his job as a thief. Cian had always been warned to avoid temples and such high places, as a thief could very quickly be caught and dealt with quite easily. Nervously, he looked at Carianna as he tried not to meet the High Priest's eyes; Cian was a thief and felt as if his very soul was being scrutinized.
Singularityman Says

Cian Tremas (Cian's Quest) - Profile - Gallery
Lanir (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Phaeton Sky-Eyes (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Thangroth Broadarm (Trials of the Half-Elven) - Profile - Gallery

Alera Tai'var

Post by Alera Tai'var »

The High Priest clearly noticed Cian's emotions, but said nothing and did nothing about it. Instead, he went to work. With a fluid motion, Cian's chest was exposed and his shirt was on the bed. For an old man, his motions were fluid and calculated. He looked to the bloodless gap in his skin. He looked back to Carianna and smiled. "I see you have been paying more attention in your studies, priestess. Your abilities have improved since I have last watched you work. Your progress is pleasing to me."

"Thank you, High Priest," Carianna replied quickly, nodding to him.

"Of course, of course. Talk later, healing now, eh?"

"You know me too well," Carianna said. In her early days, she had always been in a hurry, and he hadn't. When healings needed to be done, he doddled a bit. One day, Carianna disrespected him by hurrying him along. He took no harm from it, but she learned to not tell the high priest how to do his work.

"Relax, young visitor, and the healing should be complete with a single treatment," the old man said, holding his hands out to the sealed wound.

"Rada, God of Peace and Tranquility, your servant begs your assistance. Bring forth your healing light and turn back the damage that war has done to this victim..."

The High Priest's hands seemed to ignite with a brilliant white light. It filled the room, but mostly fell onto Cian. The light bent and warped around the wound until Cian's side flared with the same, white light. The light filled his wound like water, swirling and bending. Then, all at once, all of the light ceased. Where the lake of light had been in Cian's wound was the flesh that belonged there. So well was the healing that there were no scars and the skin seemed to match the skin that was there before he even had the wound perfectly. The old priest sighed, as if it had taken something out of him. He did not appear tired, but he was tensed. His brow unfurrowed and his hands dropped to his sides. He examined Cian's side for one more moment, ensuring all went as planned.

"The work is done. If any complications occur, any priest should be able to solve them for you," he explained to Cian. He looked at the boy for a moment. "I can see that you have had recent trouble. If you wish, you may stay here and be safe. You are welcome to all of our hospitalities. Since you have already met priestess Carianna, she may see to your needs, unless she has any important plans. I must excuse myself, for an important meeting is waiting for me. I hope for your peace," he said finally, bowing, and leaving.

Carianna sighed. She remembered being in Cian's place. Confused, tired, and lost. And in the temple of Rada for the first time.

"Assuming you don't have any pain from the healing, is there anything you would like to see before dinner is served? We can set you two up in a guest room, if you want to stay the night. We have the art gallery, the music hall, the library, classes are going on, the baths, and then there is the city... We don't mind if you leave... Its really up to you. Not to pressure you, but I find the music hall to be the most enjoyable to visit. The gallery is pretty, but you can walk through it a couple times and be done. There is always someone practicing in the music hall though and its always something new. Unless you feel like learning. I prefer more fun things than studying all the time, myself. All work and no play makes Carianna dull in more ways than one," she stated, a grin spreading across her face. "Of
course, we may want to set you both up in your room. Unfortunately, though, Ciprian, I am going to have to ask you to remove your weapons and not carry them around the temple. As you know, we are commited to non-violence. But do not worry for your safety. Those that do not fight have defenses that not many realize."
I'm OCD for EKD!

Terelyn "Crimson Corsair" Tai'var (Building an Empire at Sea) - Profile - Gallery

Ciprian Tremas
Z's Account

Post by Ciprian Tremas »

"Oh bloody..." Ciprian bit off a suprised curse when Carianna mentioned his sword. He had been more concerned about Cian when he entered the temple to remember to take off his sword, after all, it had been a long day. "Sorry, I completely forgot," Ciprian replied and removed his sword belt. He leaned the sword and sheath against the wall of Carianna's room for the moment.

"Don't worry about finding me a room, my apartment isn't far from here. However, some dinner and entertainment would be most welcome," Ciprian replied with a subdued version of his usual charming smile.

Scars heal, glory fades
'Cause the chicks dig it

Alera Tai'var

Post by Alera Tai'var »

"Well, we are always welcome to have kind souls at our table. As for entertainment, I heard that those that dance amoung us are probably practicing about now in the performance hall. To my knowledge, they don't mind an audience. I never minded when I danced with them, anyway." Carianna patted Cian on the back. "You are welcome to come along as well, if you are feeling up to it. You could rest if you wanted."
I'm OCD for EKD!

singularityman

Post by singularityman »

Cian barely flinched when Carianna touched him, everything had happened so fast. The young boy turned towards the priestess and smiled as he was clearly nervous, it was a feeling he'd felt before on jobs but never quite like this. Cian for all his street bravado and brave front was afraid, and truly he had no reason to be. Still, the young man mentally chided himself as he thought.

She's...been so kind, and so's Cip. He's been a pal, why..am I afraid? Stupid of me..I've got nothing to fear, Ranth and his fellows are locked up. The High Priest just healed me...I need to thank him.

Cian spoke in almost a small voice that grew a bit stronger as he folded his hands and looked down towards the floor for a moment.

"Thank you, um..High priest for healing me and I'd like to join in the festivities if it's okay... I have a...what's it called? I need to confes...confess that I'm a bit afraid. Carianna you and Ciprian and everyone have been so great..kind..and all. I'm grateful...it's just hard for me to trust anybody, least..till now."

The admission was hard for Cian to make, but once he'd done it he felt better. The young man's demanor changed and became a bit lighter and he stood up from the bed took out the juggling balls from his small pack and waited for his companion's responses.

((OOC: Aww..poor kid.))
Singularityman Says

Alera Tai'var

Post by Alera Tai'var »

"A wise proverb is written that only those who take sight for granted trust blindly. Those that are blind trust only what they can find to be true through fact, thus becoming all the wiser. There is nothing wrong with being unaccustomed," Cari said, holding up one finger like a teacher might. She smiled at him comfortingly. Her eyes examined the balls he held, assumingly for juggling. Out of all the things she learned to do, juggling was always hard for her. She never could figure it out. She always lost one within a half of a minute of starting. "I take it you juggle?" she asked, grinning. "I could never get that right. I gave up after a while. You know... If you are pretty good, I wonder if you would be interested in showing some of the people in our infirmiry what you can do. We have some bad cases this time of year that not even our abilities can care for. Most can't get out of bed, you know. It is hard to get people to come and cheer them up. I am no comedian, myself. Nor am I a healer for that matter. But, if you are interested to do some kids a favor, you might just feel a little bit better about being here. If you are the kind of person that can't stand debts unpaid, that would definately pay them. But, its up to you.

"The infirmiry is kind of depressing, though. If we want fun, the music hall is always bound to be performing. If not, I think I can fill the spot for you... Relaxing amusement could be found in the art department. Ever try painting some fruit? I am no good at it myself, but its fun to do something new sometimes. Not that I'm confining you to the temple, of course. We can always take ourselves out, but the meal will be ready in about an hour..."
I'm OCD for EKD!

singularityman

Post by singularityman »

Cian's Grey-eyes lit up and he smiled brightly, the young thief did like to repay his debts and being that his people tried to bring a bit of brightness into the lives of any they met in their travels, performing for the sick and injured with do him some good as it bought joy to their faces. Removing his flute from his pack as well, he stood and spoke excited to begin at once.

"I'd love to play for them and juggle for them as well..it's one of the few things I remember from my people. I can always visit the festivities afterwards, but first...I'd like to see to them first. Could you show me the way to the infirmary holi..uh sorry Carianna?"

More than anything Cian relished the chance to use any of his skills his father had taught him, the memory of his father, Arlic teaching him to juggle bubbled up quickly. Cian couldn't help but smile, it was a good memory those long days of learning to juggle were some of the happiest he had. Glancing back towards, Ciprian the young boy spoke.

"Hey, Cip..is it okay? I mean do I have any squire duties that I need to do first?"
Singularityman Says

Alera Tai'var

Post by Alera Tai'var »

Carianna glanced over at the knight. She grinned, looking at him like a mother would to a father, expecting him to give a response. She didn't feel like one to the boy, but she did feel as if she had, to a certain extent, taken him under her wing. It was a good feeling to be able to cheer up one with such a mysterious background as his. She decided not to wait for Ciprian.

"You know what? I think that he can handle that on his own. It keeps him humble to do that sort of thing for himself once and a while. And no argueing, sir knight. A priestess of Rada always knows best. He doesn't have a monopoly on the 'God of Wisdom' title for nothing, now does he?" she asked, waving a finger around. She winked at Cian. She was playing around with both of them, she supposed. It wasn't any fun if they didn't.

"Off to the Healing Hall it is, then!" she declared, leading Cian out. Ciprian Tremas could follow if he wished. Cari lead whoever followed her down the halls into a place clearly labelled the "Infirmiry." Carianna just shook her head, pointing at the sign. "I tried to make them change it to 'The Healing Hall', because it was more poetic and flowed better. They said it was a bit trivial. Some people just don't get it, you know?" she said, nudging him. "I will promise you... You will never have a more attentive audience than a group of sickly people. And I don't think you will ever find a more appreciative one either. I haven't." With that, she opened the doors.

The white room was lined with beds. Some were vacant, some were not. Either way, priests, priestesses, and volunteers rushed around the room with food, drinks, herbal medicines and papers. The room was busy by nature, but surprisingly quiet. A flute could echo across the room to every person's ears. Someone could speak in a strong voice and everyone would hear. Truly, this was a place of recooperation. But it was just as obvious that one would become deafly bored within minutes of staying in the room. There was nothing to look at and nothing to do for those who could get out of bed. More yawns of boredom, it was certain, had come from this room than any other in Lodoss...
I'm OCD for EKD!

Ciprian Tremas
Z's Account

Post by Ciprian Tremas »

OOC: Ciprian didn't offer to make Cian a squire. Cian has to be enrolled in the knighthood first. Right now he's Ciprian's "helper".

IC: "I'll be along shortly," Ciprian told Carianna before she led Cian out. He wanted to get more comfortable before enjoying the services of the temple--which meant getting out of his armor. After the two had moved on, Ciprian took off each peice of armor and set it alongside his sword and traveling pack.

Ten minutes after Cian and Carianna had entered the infirmary, Ciprian entered, clad in the white tunic and breeches he wore under his armor. Not only had he taken off his armor, but he'd washed the dirt from the road off his face. His clothes showed signs of travel, with obviously whiter sections that were usually covered by his armor, but it was the best he could do for tonight. Cip could only hope he didn't smell too bad.

OOC: Left it open since I figured Cian will probably set up and starting playing before Cip arrives.

Scars heal, glory fades
'Cause the chicks dig it

singularityman

Post by singularityman »

((OOC: *Fwaps own ear* My bad Jess, I'd forgotten about that fact.))

Cian's eyes took in all the sights of the infirmary as Carianna led him in, the young boy was moved to see injured children lying in beds. The priestess was right, they did look bored and worse it appeared as if some had that lost look in their eyes. Cian was determined to do something about their situation, and true to his word he began humming a light playful tune while juggling the balls with all the skill he could muster. Stepping over towards the bed he spoke in a strong, yet not so loud voice as he smiled to one of the children.

"Greetings my fellows, I am Cian. Today the good lady Carianna has allowed me to perform feats of skill, for you a bit of laughter and even some music if you'll allow me. Now feast your eyes on the moving balls, oops almost dropped one...oh NO!...almost dropped another.. Hahaha..now why don't you all tell me your names as I juggle these balls for you and let's get to know one another."

Cian went with what little he could remember from childhood, he'd seen his father perform in their travels, the flair and the spice he used when speaking and bringing smiles to others still resided in the boy's memory. He hoped he wasn't frightening any of the children, if he could get just one to smile or laugh his day would be made.
Singularityman Says

Alera Tai'var

Post by Alera Tai'var »

OOC: You can control the kids.
IC:

Carianna grinned. He was much more than she expected. He knew a thing or two about catching people's attention, at the very least. She decided that if she wasn't a priestess and didn't have to be responsible for whatever occured there, she would have lit up herself. For such a princess among the down-trodden, it was difficult for anyone to brighten her spirits on a normal day. Her only relief was her form of performance. Unfortunately, a drama vocalist didn't bring smiles. It was her job to bring tears and to shock the audience. That was, she supposed, the last thing that was needed for a group of barred up young children. The pediatric work was never her forte.
I'm OCD for EKD!

singularityman

Post by singularityman »

Cian juggled, performed and played his flute for the children in the ward. The young theif but his heart into his preformance, and it didn't go unrewarded. Several children clapped, laughed and called for more, expressions of sadness and boredom had turned to laughs, giggles and chortles of delight. Finally, Cian pulled up a chair in the middle of the room and spoke.

"Now now...I'll do more in a moment, how would everyone like to hear a story? It's about a princess and a prince both had a magic ring and this is about one of their many adventures."

A small girl about five or so sat up with wide eyes, clapped her hands and spoke, the child's lower leg was bandaged and she looked slight and small.

"I would!! Please...please tell us the story."

Cian smiled, she and so many others here reminded him of himself and of his sister. The young boy brushed his fingers through his hair and began a tale of magic, mirth, heroism and more.
Singularityman Says

Ciprian Tremas
Z's Account

Post by Ciprian Tremas »

Ciprian entered the pediatric ward to find Cian and Carianna. Cian was telling a tale that had a number of children enthralled while the priestess looked on. The knight--unarmed and unarmored--leaned against a wall near the door to observe. A pleased smile turned up the corner of his mouth.

OOC: Sorry it's been so long since I replied.....^_^;

Scars heal, glory fades
'Cause the chicks dig it

Return to “RPG: Cian's Quest”