The Weeping Bell Inn

Aiden, Naclia, and Eliamn leave their home, the Mirror Forest, to explore Lodoss. They are soon involved in a plot to kidnap the Golden Dragon Mycen's egg.
CLOSED
Mana Link

Post by Mana Link »

"Sure thing." Wil said. He lead the way with a comfortable stride, trying his hardest not to move too fast for the two women in the group. While Naclia looked like she could probably keep up with his fastest stride, Eliamn looked too frail to push her too much. "While we're at it, let me give you a little history of the Weeping Bell inn. It was originally founded in 460 under the name Weeping Fairy inn, and specialized in providing quality service for elves from Mirror Forest, and as such, had many vegetarian cuisine on the menu. Unfortunately, that didn't bode well for the business as many of the customers were human rather than elven. In 490, it's name, and owners changed hands, changing it to the Weeping Bell Inn. Most of the vegetarian cuisine was dropped when the owners changed, and it began to diversify. In 511, a young human maid came into romantic entanglement with an elven man, and a year later she bore a child. The child, Air Telany, grew up under the guidance of Cole Telany, my friend and her uncle."
100% dyed in the cloth Otaku

Air Telany (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Alm (Kidnapped Princess/New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Almelchaya Al Elazuur (Lost Humanity) - Profile - Gallery
Elainne Zal Bessur (Lost Humanity) - Profile - Gallery
Geo El Orin (Liberation of Ales) - Profile - Gallery
J. "Jet" Alastair Silverstein (Kidnapped Princess/New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Krhea Fal (Bastion's Demons) - Profile - Gallery
Laies Il Luminous (Vampire Hunt) - Profile - Gallery
Malak "Crimson Shrike" Erstwiel (Building an Empire at Sea) - Profile - Gallery
Mica Lorelai (Hunt for Kiran) - Profile - Gallery
Midau (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Wilhelm "Minstral" Mard (The Golden Egg) - Profile - Gallery
Xian (Cian's Quest) - Profile - Gallery

Naclia
Z's Account

Post by Naclia »

Naclia followed along quietly, trying to remain unobtrusive. Even though they had left him behind, Aiden's anger was still lingering in her mind. She was hoping for little time with Talen, though that might have been a little awkward with Lyassa following. The priestess seemed to tag along like a ghost, and people were always forgetting she was there. For now, she had to do Aiden's job and make sure nothing happened to Eli.
Naclia (The Golden Egg) - Profile - Gallery

Eliamn

Post by Eliamn »

Eliamn was meanwhile nodding to Wil's small historical lesson. Her tread matched his and she had her hands over the straps of her backpack, her thumbs being used to ease how the straps dug into her shoulders.

Mana Link

Post by Mana Link »

Wil slowed his pace a little. He had some apologies that had to be addressed, and while Aiden never acknowledged that he forgave Minstral, there was still a slight discomfort with Naclia he didn't really apologize for. "Listen, Naclia. Sorry for what I said back on the road." He said over his shoulder. Wil wanted to be apologetic and say sorry to her face, but Naclia's breasts were enough to distract him from saying the right things to the right areas. "My comments, and poetry, towards the union of elves and humans was uncalled for. It's just that my mother suffered so much when my father, her husband, a human, died. I don't like to see people suffer..." Especially elves. He continued silently. He didn't want to say that in front of the two women, or even admit that out loud at all.

J. "Jet" Alastair Silverstein (Kidnapped Princess/New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery

Naclia
Z's Account

Post by Naclia »

"Hmm?" Naclia lifted her head. It took her a moment to remember what he was talking about. The day had been so busy, she had forgotten about his rude comments the night before. "Oh...that. Well, I'll accept your apology," Naclia replied. However, remembering his words left her feeling a little bitter. "Who I decide to marry is my choice, and I'm fully aware of the consequences."

Mana Link

Post by Mana Link »

"Thanks." Wil said humbly. "We're here." He pointed ahead a bit towards the somewhat posh-looking inn. As he announced their arrival to Naclia and Eliamn, a rather pregnant woman and a half-elven man came out of the inn looking rather depressed. Wil immediately brightened at the sight of the half-elf and called out to him. "Hey Cole!"

Looking up, Cole smiled and shook his head. "Well if it isn't Wilhelm. I haven't seen you for nearly a decade. I see you're adding to your harem."

Wil blanched and shook his head. "A-actually, I'm under their employ." Wil stammered out sheepishly. "I see you're still pretending to be monogamous."

Cole grit his teeth and whacked Wil upside the head. "Not 'pretending', am. I am monogamous." He grunted. The human woman giggled a little at the exchange but turned her attention to Eliamn and Naclia.

"Excuse me, miss elves." The woman started. "I was wondering, if in your travels you've come across a young half-elven woman named Air Telany? You see, she's been away from home for a while now and I'm a little concerned that she's not doing so well. She's my sister's child, after all, and I promised Jo, my sister, that I'd take care of Air."

Cole blanched a little. "C-Catherine, you can't just go around asking every elf if they've come in contact with little Air." Cole gave a soft bow of apology for his wife's intrusion.

Eliamn

Post by Eliamn »

Eliamn returned a nod in acceptance of Cole's apology but then turned to the pregnant woman and shook her head slightly. "I am sorry, but unfortunately we can provide you with no succor in this instance. We have only recently left the Mirror Forest and have not really met with any half-elven women on the road."
Eliamn (The Golden Egg) - Profile - Gallery

Naclia
Z's Account

Post by Naclia »

Naclia's ear twitched in annoyance at being considered part of a 'harem', but she let the comment pass.

Naclia shook her head to Catherine, emphasizing Eliamn's response.

Mana Link

Post by Mana Link »

Catherine's face fell with the news that these two also haven't met with Air. "I see." She said slowly. "I'm sorry for bothering you two."

"I'll keep an eye out for her." Wil stated. "If we run into her, do you have any message you'd like to pass on?"

Catherine shook her head. "No, I'm just worried about her. That's all."

Cole put his hand on Catherine's shoulder and gave her a soft rub. "C'mon Cat, we should get you home." Catherine nodded in compliance as the two walked off. "Wil, if you're in need of your old weapon, it's still where you left it. You're welcome to take it whenever you feel like it."

Wil shook his head. "Let's get set up in the inn." He said to Eliamn and Naclia, changing the subject.

Eliamn

Post by Eliamn »

"This Cole person said he had not seen you for over a decade. Did this have any link to the reason you ran into trouble here?" Eliamn asked as they walked for the door.
Eliamn (The Golden Egg) - Profile - Gallery

Mana Link

Post by Mana Link »

Wil shook his head. "That's a part of it." He sighed and ran his fingers through his hair. "Cole and I used to be really close, when I was a kid. His mother knew my mother, sort of thing. His mother died in that...war and we nearly lost our lives as well." Despite himself, the memories of the Mirror Forest burning brought tears to his eyes. "We promised to stay close to each other after that, but he eventually settled here, and I...left. Every time I see him it reminds me of that time. I- I gotta hit the head, I'll be right back." Wil flashed a smile to the proprietor and went to the rest room.

Eliamn

Post by Eliamn »

Eliamn paused, watched Wilhelm go and then turned to Naclia. {I guess this is as good an opportunity as any. Naclia, I talk to you about how we are doing and - well - about Aiden too. I have concerns, but I'd rather share them with you first before bringing them up to him.}

Naclia
Z's Account

Post by Naclia »

Eliamn wrote:Eliamn paused, watched Wilhelm go and then turned to Naclia. {I guess this is as good an opportunity as any. Naclia, I talk to you about how we are doing and - well - about Aiden too. I have concerns, but I'd rather share them with you first before bringing them up to him.}

Here it comes, Naclia thought with a sigh. The elf picked out a table and sat down. "{What is it?}" she asked.

Eliamn

Post by Eliamn »

Eliamn joined Naclia over in the chair opposing hers. "{I am going to go on a long rant, so please allow me to use you as a sounding board. I would greatly appreciate you telling me what you think of the issues I raise afterwards.}"

The shamaness took a deep breath. "{Here I go.}"

"{The night you and I shared a room in the Dragon Roost inn, back in the city of Dragon Breath, we discussed about many things. Those included you putting to rest my concerns about being a burden and not being able to pull my weight in this group.}"

The shamaness raised one hand to pull some of her blonde hair back behind one long pointed ear and looked around for Wilhelm, or anyone whom might be watching; she then returned her eyes to Naclia and added: "{I believe I was acceptant to the decisions you two made on this trek so far. You wished for more companions and while I personally disagreed, I did not confront you two on it. You both decided to go on a possibly dangerous quest to help Mycen the dragon and I supported you both.}"

"{Rylan is a liability to us as a berserker and his company could prove disastrous to the rest of our group, but I have against my better judgement held my tongue on the matter because it seemed the rest of you would have the compassion to grant him the company he seemed to sorely lack.}"

"{The same thing goes with Kima, with whom I seem to come at odds often and I derive no pleasure or satisfaction out of giving her a hard time - the wildling often seems to skirt the line of inconsiderate and unacceptable behavior and I personally do not think we need to expend time or take responsability over her childish antics. But you have both extended kindness and compassion to her and that is fine, despite my dislike of the situation I tried to put up with it.}"

"{The same might have also applied to Saga, long lost brother of our Aiden. However, I might not really need to raise this point: when it seemed our Aiden was not really the father he was looking for, he seemed to quickly enough lose interest and leave our company,}" the blonde elfmaid smiled. "{I would like to note that despite me perhaps seeming like a conservative purist that I have nothing really against those of mixed blood, even our Aiden - it was rather obvious by then that his father was not entirely elven. I do not have anything against half-elves... really. I just do not wish to mother them.}"

"{The point I believe I mean to make is that we three set out and you yourself said we needed to count of each others in our travels. We needed to take the decisions as to what we do and where we go together.}" Eli huffed indignantly. "{That is not what Aiden is doing - Aiden has been taking decisions by his own and he has been forcing us to bend to them continuously... from the point Lyassa joined us to other things... like his it's not debatable he shoved on me earlier.}" Quoting someone else was probably one of the rare times Eliamn was ever going to utter a contraction.

The shamaness scowled, a bitter expression crossing over her face. "{To be honest, when he said that, I had to fight away tears - he made me feel as if I was a burden; I was not even worth hearing out! If I wanted to go around and acquiesce to unconditional demands, I would be home being a good heiress and obeying my father's every whim... but I came out to gain some autonomy, some sense of value for my own individuality... just like Aiden left and wanted to be away from the over-protective umbrella of his mother.}" Eli pressed her lips together in a grim line. "{I knew he wanted to protect me and that he did not trust the half-elf... but I go on faith with a lot of things you two do; would it have been so hard to grant me the same, or at least give me some room for debate so that we might have reached a compromise? Was I not worth this much regard?}"

Eliamn sighed, her tirade coming to an end. The fire of her indignation sputtered and died, only leaving the hollow ache of the ashes left behind its wake. "{I can play the game of being proud and unyielding as well if he refuses to compromise; you saw how it went back there. But that is a bad precedent and no way we should carry on. I would like to think I reasoned all this out and that I am right, but I figured that I could be as much of a proud hypocrite as I feel Aiden is being - if I am... then at least I have you to tell me so. In the same fashion, Aiden is a childhood friend of yours, I believe, so you may relate to him much more than I ever could and thus benefit from insight I do not share in him.}"

( tl,dr: Eliamn: "I like cake." )

Mana Link

Post by Mana Link »

Wil came out of the washroom but was stopped by an angry looking older barmaid. "Yer Wil, aren't ye?" She asked poking her finger into his chest.

"Me? Wil...?" He smiled as charismatically as possible and shook his head. "My name is Allen, you seem to have me mistaken for another man."

"Oh, no ye don't. I remember ye. That coy smile and those pretty boy features. Yer Wil, the minstrel." She made a face and poked him harder. "Ye said ye'd come back in a week. It's been near nigh twenty 'ears."

Wil blanched. "I'm afraid you have me mistaken for another man. I'm only 18, ma'am. That'd be before my time, you see."

The barmaid didn't buy the innocent act at all. "Now ye look 'ere. I ain't wantin' no funny business from ye. The maids are off limits fer yer type. Ye have an understandin'?"

"Aye aye." Wil agreed to the terms to hasten his escape from an old fling. "I'll be sure to remember that miss." She let him go with a sour look on her weathered face. Ah, the curse of my face does it to me again. Once again I'm reduced to a pretty face and given the old warning of 'the girls are off limits.' Perhaps I'll save myself the trouble this time and just avoid the girls, just to be on the safe side.

Return to “RPG: The Golden Egg”