The Weeping Bell Inn

Aiden, Naclia, and Eliamn leave their home, the Mirror Forest, to explore Lodoss. They are soon involved in a plot to kidnap the Golden Dragon Mycen's egg.
CLOSED
Naclia
Z's Account

Post by Naclia »

Naclia nodded along with Eliamn's explanation in approval. {"I see,"} Naclia replied, falling back into her native tongue. {"I hope this works. I don't think that even in the time we have, and with three rangers, that we could scout all the possible routes through the mountains. But at least we have a direction."}

Their dinners were brought to them as Naclia finished speaking. The barmaid eyed them curiously as they spoke an unfamiliar language, but she didn't seem at all uncomfortable with it. As Wil explained, this place was quite accommodating to elves.

"Thank you," Naclia told their server, then took her plate and began to eat. The day had been so busy, they hadn't had a chance to stop for lunch, aside from the snacks they had at the Drecloud manor.
Naclia (The Golden Egg) - Profile - Gallery

Eliamn

Post by Eliamn »

Eliamn nodded the barmaid's way in thanks and began eating once Naclia had started.

They had their rooms, they were having a meal and would even be able to take a bath. All that was really left was to kill time until the place Wil would lead them to was in business and they would get underway.

Naclia
Z's Account

Post by Naclia »

"You know, a bath sounds nice," Naclia mentioned around a mouthful of her supper. She wasn't quite as cultured as Eli, even if she was an elf. She swallowed. "We should go in when Wil is done." A mischievous smirk turned up the corners of her mouth, and she added, {"Or we could go in now and tease the hell out of him."}

Eliamn

Post by Eliamn »

Eliamn was meanwhile trying to eat relatively neatly and silently - it was likely a blessing that she was determined to speak between bites, since it allowed her the time it took to chew her current mouthful and swallow to figure out just what to reply to her ranger companion.

Blurting out a naive reply didn't really appeal to the shamaness. After considering what Naclia proposed a moment, Eliamn instead asked: {"Is that what you really wish to do? I thought you fancied Talen."}

Naclia
Z's Account

Post by Naclia »

{"Doesn't mean I can't have a little fun,"} Naclia replied. Her smirk fell as she reconsidered. {"Maybe it's not a good idea though. Never mind, it's just a silly little prank."}

Eliamn

Post by Eliamn »

Eliamn nodded with a agreeable "Mhmm" and moved on, not wanting to make Naclia feel childish. Part of Eliamn was a little afraid that she was acting a little bit too seriously. "I have been wondering on something," Eliamn paused and added after an heartbeat, "if we do get in trouble... what should I do? The last time I got into a battle, I ended up being taken hostage with a knife to my throat along with broken ribs. I would like to prove more effective in the future."

Naclia
Z's Account

Post by Naclia »

Naclia thought for a moment. Her first thought was to tell Eliamn to count on someone else who was a better fighter, but Eli wanted to be more independent. "There are a few tricks that you can use to defend yourself," Naclia started. "There are several vulnerable points on the body you can hit if you find yourself in trouble. The throat, the groin in men, and right below the ribs. If you get thrown to the ground, try kicking your attacker as hard as you can in the knee, especially on the side. If you're in a fight, just try to end it as quickly as possible by striking any vulnerable point."

Eliamn

Post by Eliamn »

Eliamn nodded to Naclia's instructions, though the ranger's instructions seemed to have more to do with escaping a grappling opponent than actually contributing in a fight... so she approached that subject next. "How would you suggest I contribute in a fight? The Keepers of the Ancient Tree pursued training to fight to protect against demons; formation which has been much less ceremonial since the war fifty-seven years ago... my affinity with spiritualism, despite my lack of proficiency at arms, could prove of some worth."

Naclia
Z's Account

Post by Naclia »

Naclia giggled a little. "Eli, I assumed that you knew we expected you to back us up with shamanism. You're far more skilled than Aiden or I. Your summons have been a great help so far," Naclia replied. Pausing for a moment, she thought back to their previous encounters. "If you feel that Aiden and I are doing enough on our own, well if you would feel more useful, perhaps we could focus more on fighting than summoning--saving ourselves some energy while you back us up with the spirits. You would be able to focus better in a fight if we were in the heat of battle and you were standing back."

Mana Link

Post by Mana Link »

Wil returned after his bath, clean and in a new fresh clothes, and came to sit with the two elven women. He didn't want to interrupt if they were talking about something so he sat quietly, and slipped his book out of his pack. Quietly screening the pages, he kept his ears alert to the conversations away from his table.
100% dyed in the cloth Otaku

Air Telany (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Alm (Kidnapped Princess/New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Almelchaya Al Elazuur (Lost Humanity) - Profile - Gallery
Elainne Zal Bessur (Lost Humanity) - Profile - Gallery
Geo El Orin (Liberation of Ales) - Profile - Gallery
J. "Jet" Alastair Silverstein (Kidnapped Princess/New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Krhea Fal (Bastion's Demons) - Profile - Gallery
Laies Il Luminous (Vampire Hunt) - Profile - Gallery
Malak "Crimson Shrike" Erstwiel (Building an Empire at Sea) - Profile - Gallery
Mica Lorelai (Hunt for Kiran) - Profile - Gallery
Midau (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Wilhelm "Minstral" Mard (The Golden Egg) - Profile - Gallery
Xian (Cian's Quest) - Profile - Gallery

Eliamn

Post by Eliamn »

Eliamn nodded a little. She suspected they would both be able to focus better on the battle if they didn't have to worry about Eliamn getting hurt. "I've trained with pretty much all the spirits I came into contact with in the spirit realm, but since I associated with the ancient tree... I have developed considerably my ease in calling upon the aid of light, earth and water spirits. They are those I can call upon the easiest, the fastest and with the less impact on my stamina."

The shamaness turned to give Wil a look, as if noting his presence, and returned her violet eyes on Naclia. "I expect we might have to fight in the future. I do not believe Roess will hand over the egg if we just ask him. I am confident the rituals I was taught to fight demons would be quite up to the task of defeating bandits, but I feel uncomfortable with unleashing the wrath of the spirits on humans - some things just seem too dire to be used on mortals. Would you agree to me using my shamanistic powers in a supportive role?"

Mana Link

Post by Mana Link »

"I'd personally kill him." Wil stated bluntly, not looking up from his book. "Anyone who bothers to steal from a mother, let a alone a dragon, has 'death sentence' written all over his future. Besides, chances are, turned over to the authorities, they're going to kill him anyways." He replied nonchalantly. "...I suppose with this talk of 'fighting' I might have to as well." Wil clicked his tongue. "And here I was hoping never to lift a sword again."

J. "Jet" Alastair Silverstein (Kidnapped Princess/New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery

Eliamn

Post by Eliamn »

"I-" Eliamn looked down at her plate. While she had held interest in the search and pursuit of Roess' group, she felt shortsighted for only realizing now that a fight would happen. "I am sorry. I guess I am being naively foolish. I never killed anyone before and I am loath to use spirits to do it for me. I am sure they would if I asked; spirits of nature can be gentle and nurturing but also harsh and unforgiving... but I was taught that all life is precious nonetheless."

The shamaness shook her head slightly, laying her ustensils down. "I am not blind to the underlying hypocrisy in my words, but I am nonetheless facing a dilemma. Even supporting combatants, I still contribute to the possible death of others. Is the situation so crude as to demand a 'us or them' choice? Humans helped us in the last war... can we do no better?"

Naclia
Z's Account

Post by Naclia »

Naclia silently considered the conversation, then finally spoke up; "If Roess and Mur-Cavendrel die, it will be their own actions that brought them there. If it isn't us, then it'll be someone else that'll help them down the path to their own demise. They were the ones foolish enough to provoke an ancient dragon."

Mana Link

Post by Mana Link »

"My sentiments exactly." Wil nodded in agreement. "I'd like to avoid fighting, myself, at any cost. I haven't lifted a sword since..." He trailed off momentarily. "Well, a long time anyhow."

Return to “RPG: The Golden Egg”