Into the Forests

Vampire Aryen is on the run from a priestess he dared to feed on, and a holy vampire hunter.
CLOSED
Alera Tai'var

Post by Alera Tai'var »

Rone's chest burned, but his mind was far beyond the physical. He was on the hunt. His blood boiled as he broke into the tree line after the weighted down vampire. From time to time, he caught glimpses of Aryen which fueled him forward. With one arm on his sheathed sword and the other holding the crossbow in place, he pursued his prey as a panther would.
I'm OCD for EKD!

Carianna Mareleth (Cian's Quest) - Profile - Gallery
Grennith (New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Itoya* (New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Jeren Octavian Aldener (Search for Nat) - Profile - Gallery
Jleslie "Rose" Seif (A New Balance) - Profile - Gallery
Orion* (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Rone Kalmaine (Vampire Hunt) - Profile - Gallery
Desmond "Rory" D'Angelline (Adventures in Lodoss) - Profile - Gallery
Terelyn "Crimson Corsair" Tai'var (Building an Empire at Sea) - Profile - Gallery
Veriss Trelem (Liberation of Ales) - Profile - Gallery
Yrsanne* (Hunt for Kiran) - Profile - Gallery
Zylanthian Baratoice (Lost Humanity) - Profile - Gallery

Vampire Aryen

Post by Vampire Aryen »

Aryen could hear someone tearing through the forests after them. His strength was running low, and he didn't think he could continue much further before his body gave out. He glanced over his shoulder to see where his pursuer was. He couldn't see him, but he could still hear him.

The vampire looked around for a place to hide. He dove to his left into what looked to be a thicket, but he ended up tumbling off a ledge and onto the bank of a stream. It seemed like providence. Aryen had dropped Ileta, who was still unconscious, but he drug her back to the overhang of the small embankment and held her close. He just hoped they could hide long enough for him to get his strength back.
Aryen (Vampire Hunt) - Profile - Gallery
Gregory* (Search for Nat) - Profile - Gallery
Talen Drecloud (The Golden Egg) - Profile - Gallery

Alera Tai'var

Post by Alera Tai'var »

Rone stumbled to a stop as soon as he lost the sound of his query. His heart was sore, but still racing. His eyes scanned the earth, looking for the tell-tale tracks that should have told him that the vampire had moved ahead. Instead, the tracks seemed to disappear. Rone yanked up the crossbow, pointing it in several directions, then looking up above to the trees. Nothing.

The hunter knelt at the explosion of forest floor where Aryen had tossed himself aside. What direction he went was not clear. Rone walked towards the thicket warily, looking past it and down the ledge. If the thing went down there, tracking would just not be possible. "Face your fate, befouler of humans!" Rone shouted. "Stand up and fight. You only delay the inevitable... I will find you..."
I'm OCD for EKD!

Terelyn "Crimson Corsair" Tai'var (Building an Empire at Sea) - Profile - Gallery

Mana Link

Post by Mana Link »

Laies caught up to Rone, following the broken brush that the older man thrashed through to get this far and marked the way with few apologies to the trees. "Rone." He announced his presence with an exasperated croak. "N'shara's at the gate guiding the others this way, I think Penna and Nakira will be along shortly, and that other guy...he might join up as well."
100% dyed in the cloth Otaku

Air Telany (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Alm (Kidnapped Princess/New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Almelchaya Al Elazuur (Lost Humanity) - Profile - Gallery
Elainne Zal Bessur (Lost Humanity) - Profile - Gallery
Geo El Orin (Liberation of Ales) - Profile - Gallery
J. "Jet" Alastair Silverstein (Kidnapped Princess/New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery
Krhea Fal (Bastion's Demons) - Profile - Gallery
Laies Il Luminous (Vampire Hunt) - Profile - Gallery
Malak "Crimson Shrike" Erstwiel (Building an Empire at Sea) - Profile - Gallery
Mica Lorelai (Hunt for Kiran) - Profile - Gallery
Midau (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Wilhelm "Minstral" Mard (The Golden Egg) - Profile - Gallery
Xian (Cian's Quest) - Profile - Gallery

Vampire Aryen

Post by Vampire Aryen »

Aryen held Ileta's face against his chest, hoping that she wouldn't wake up. It was times like this that he was thankful he didn't breath. Above the embankment, he could hear the hunter calling for him, and soon another joined him. N'shara...the priestess... It seemed she had organized a team to hunt him down.

Alera Tai'var

Post by Alera Tai'var »

"Shut up and listen," he growled. Rone glanced down at the tracks again. He was sure they went through that ledge. He even heard something like tumbling. But it would have been difficult for anyone to get out of that quietly. "They went over that ledge... I need to get down there..." Rone drew his sword silently. He cleared his throat and yelled again. "I know where you are, beast!" He pushed through the hedge and to the ledge. "I'm coming down for you. If you wish to delay your trip to hell, start running!"
I'm OCD for EKD!

Vampiress Ileta
Z's Account

Post by Vampiress Ileta »

Ileta woke with a start, realizing she was being pinned. She lifted her head enough to look at the earthy surroundings. Someone nearby was shouting. "Aryen?" Ileta whispered, questioningly.
Ileta Drake (Vampire Hunt) - Profile - Gallery

Mana Link

Post by Mana Link »

Laies made a face at Rone growling at him. Arrogant prick. Wisp finally caught up to Laies watched as Rone started off into the hedge. "What do you think wisp? Should we attempt a massive summoning of Valkyries to flood the entire area with enough light to wound the vampires?" He kept his tone low so that only the little will o' wisp could hear him. "We could go more drastic routes and just send salamander out to find the couple and burn them more. That might damage the forest though." Laies made a face again pondering his decision. He rest his hand on a nearby tree and pressed his fingers into the bark. "Ancient wooden guardian of this world, your roots are plenty and felt the unnatural nature of those we seek. They fled from us and taint your wood with their unearthly presence. I apologize for the trespass against your brethren, marking them on the way here. Forgive me again for the trespass against you as I must mark you for my friends to find us and to help us defeat these blights." With his apology over, Laies marked the tree he spoke to lightly. "Forgive me fairies. I know this is your home, but I cannot ask you to help me by leading my comrades here." Without another word Laies moved silently to catch up with Rone.

J. "Jet" Alastair Silverstein (Kidnapped Princess/New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery

Alera Tai'var

Post by Alera Tai'var »

Rone paused at the top of the ledge, looking over the water bank. Whether or not they were hiding down there, he did not actually know. His yelling was a bluff. It was what Laies didn't understand. It was a mind game. "You've had your last chance, dark one. I have given you enough time." Holding his sword tightly, the blade that had slain so many of Aryen's kind without mercy, he lept off of the ledge and down towards the embankment.
I'm OCD for EKD!

Vampire Aryen

Post by Vampire Aryen »

"Ileta, run," Aryen told her, then pushed her out of their hiding place. Though he didn't want to risk her, he was the only one with weapons. She had to be a distraction. With her off of him, he quickly removed five daggers from his jacket's sleeve.

Vampiress Ileta
Z's Account

Post by Vampiress Ileta »

Ileta scrambled out onto the bank of the stream, then with a glance to Rone, she started to run. She nearly prayed to Falis, but then she stopped, realizing that he probably didn't care about her anymore.
Ileta Drake (Vampire Hunt) - Profile - Gallery

Vampire Aryen

Post by Vampire Aryen »

After Ileta ran, Aryen emerged with a fist full of throwing daggers and threw them at once at Rone. He wasn't going to stick around to see if any hit. He didn't have his spear, and there was no chance he could fight in broad daylight even if he did have it. Clutching the wool cloak tight to his throat, he ran after Ileta, and caught up to her in a couple strides. He snatched her wrist, then forced another burst of inhuman speed. He didn't know how much further he could push himself, but they had to at least get enough distance between themselves and their hunter so he couldn't see where they hid this time.

OOC: If you could please take a hit from one of those daggers to distract or slow down Rone, it would be good. We can't have the vampires caught yet! Their narrow escapes are only for the sake of plot. :P

Alera Tai'var

Post by Alera Tai'var »

OOC: Of course...

They sunk into his chest and arm with more accuracy than Aryen realized. Three found a place in Rone, two in his chest and the other in his sword arm. Taken completely by surprise, the hunter fell back on one knee. His eye was keen enough to catch the face of the vampire himself. That and his pretty familiar. Aryen shot out from the ledge, faster than Rone could run for certain. Pulling up the crossbow with his left hand, his arm shaking from the shock, he shot off a bolt after them. But it was hopeless. His query was gone.

Rone groaned, looking at the damage on him. He dropped his sword to the gravel at his feet. Not even thinking of the others or himself, the hunter grabbed the first knife and ripped it from his arm. He roared like a wounded lion. Blood was flowing freely. He was too tired to pursue and heal. Though the blood stained his sleeve, he grabbed up his sword again. "I'll rip him to pieces myself..." His muscles burned as he pushed himself up to continue on. Rone moved up to the water, but fell. The blades delivered serious hits. After three stab wounds, two of which tearing at his active muscles, it was unrealistic to hope to keep going. With such fatigue and blood loss so quickly, he was almost to blacking out. "Laies! After them..." he called weakly. "That way!"
I'm OCD for EKD!

Mana Link

Post by Mana Link »

Laies broke off the chase and went to tend to Rone. "If you're going to bitch, I'll knock you out before treating the wounds. So I suggest keeping your mouth shut, and focus on staying awake." He grabbed some mud from the river bed and slapped it on the wounds, removing the remaining two daggers. "Gnome, protector of earth, take from this mud to clean and seal these terrible wounds. Heal this man's body enough to remove him from death's door." Despite not being trained much in healing others, Laies's small task for Gnome was completed. The wounds were sealed and the pain dulled a little, but with any major movement they would tear open again. "Now just lie still, Rone." Laies recommended.

Alera Tai'var

Post by Alera Tai'var »

While Rone allowed Laies to tend to him, the Hunter of the Damned was furious. His eyes were like looking into those of a dragon's filled with pride and bloodlust. He only had a few words for the man: "When the next one dies or turns, their blood is on your hands as well as theirs..." He took the pain as anyone might expect him to. His macho pride forced him to grit his teeth and take it.
I'm OCD for EKD!

Return to “RPG: Vampire Hunt”