Novel Translations

Discussion of the series and characters not relating to the RPG.
Forum rules
This board is here to hopefully make the forum a little less focused on RPG only and allow casual fans to pop in and talk about the Lodoss series. Please be civil, and try to avoid vicious fanboy/girl arguments. I do not enjoy drama, and I will be quick to put a stop to it. Everyone has their own opinions, and they may not be the same as yours, but they should be respected.

Any posts regarding fan art, fan fiction, or cosplay should be posted on the sub-forum of this board!
Z
Site Admin

Novel Translations

Post by Z »

So, I decided to type up the few translations I have of the Lodoss novels. There are five chapters from The Black Knight, Ashram's backstory, and a couple stray chapters from some book that described the Marmo exodus and trip to Crystania.

So far, I've typed up the first Black Knight chapter. I'll post more in the weeks to come, but I've probably done a number on my wrists typing up that one chapter for now.

Start here, because that's where I started working last night. http://www.eiyuukishiden.com/books.html
Also: Adriel, Aiden Silvermoon II, Ailil, Anisa Amri, Barbarian Barbie, Bella, Centauress Cissiria, Ciprian Tremas, High Elf Seri, Granite Stoneheart, Katela el'Baran, Kiran, Kitsa Stormeyes, Lady Kavryn, Meridian, Mia, Midwife Lien, Mudan Jasil, Myrela, Naclia, Natasi, Olula, Permanent Tears, Pirate Kreoss, Priestess Elohssa, Priestess Jenesis, Priestess Lianora, Priestess N'shara, Priestess Sairina, Priestess Sura, Priestess Thalia, Princess Elianna, Sevrina, Silvia, Vampiress Ileta, Vanaia, Werewolf Xanin, Y'ezela, Zaole, and Zira.

Yes, I am crazy.

Z
Site Admin

Post by Z »

Also: Adriel, Aiden Silvermoon II, Ailil, Anisa Amri, Barbarian Barbie, Bella, Centauress Cissiria, Ciprian Tremas, High Elf Seri, Granite Stoneheart, Katela el'Baran, Kiran, Kitsa Stormeyes, Lady Kavryn, Meridian, Mia, Midwife Lien, Mudan Jasil, Myrela, Naclia, Natasi, Olula, Permanent Tears, Pirate Kreoss, Priestess Elohssa, Priestess Jenesis, Priestess Lianora, Priestess N'shara, Priestess Sairina, Priestess Sura, Priestess Thalia, Princess Elianna, Sevrina, Silvia, Vampiress Ileta, Vanaia, Werewolf Xanin, Y'ezela, Zaole, and Zira.

Yes, I am crazy.

Z
Site Admin

Post by Z »

Yes, I am crazy.

Z
Site Admin

Post by Z »

Yes, I am crazy.

Z
Site Admin

Post by Z »

Chapter 5 is up: http://www.eiyuukishiden.com/trans/tbkch05.html

And that's all of that. Next up are the two random chapters from other books.

Yes, I am crazy.

Z
Site Admin

Post by Z »

Setting Sail - An incomplete portion of a chapter where Pirotess is waiting for Ashram so the Marmo people can leave the dark island.

Sea Demon - En route to Crystania, Ashram and Pirotess confront an ancient tree on the bottom of the sea that has trapped their fleet.

And that's all she wrote.

Yes, I am crazy.

Myel-Elina

Post by Myel-Elina »

Thanks a lot for all these translations. I can just imagine how long you typed all of this...

Z
Site Admin

Post by Z »

It didn't take as long as I thought it would. Only the first one was painful, but the rest were rather short.

Yes, I am crazy.

Z
Site Admin

Post by Z »

Thanks to kanemi, we now have the missing fragment from Holy King of Valis, featuring Ashram and Groder. And the rest of Setting Sail

Yes, I am crazy.

Berserk Penguin

Post by Berserk Penguin »

It's not much, but there are a few more sentences to that sub-chapter of Holy King of Valis, it's roughly like this:

knowing Jadd's stupidity, Groder needs to make plans to minize whatever detrimental outcome there will be. Afterall, this could affect the whole of Marmo.

To do this, Groder needs information on the current situation of Adan, and what Valis's next action might be. Without any subordinates, Groder will need to collect all the information by himself.

(Sounds like I'll have to be prepared for some busy days) Groder thinks to himself. At the same time, he hopes that Ashram will recover soon.

Z
Site Admin

Re: Novel Translations

Post by Z »

So, I came across the girl who did the translations. She posted some Ashram and Pirotess fan art on deviantART, and when I realized who she was, I commented and told her about the translations, and she freaked out. She's utterly terrified of being sued, and asked me to take down the translations, she even deleted the fan art from her gallery :roll: . I still have them, so if anyone wants to read them, I can send them to you by PM, but I can't keep them up on the site now.

Yes, I am crazy.

Z
Site Admin

Re: Novel Translations

Post by Z »

It came to my attention that people looking for bits of novel translations have stumbled on this thread in the hopes of reading the scraps of fan translations we already had. Unfortunately, the chapters of The Black Knight that we had are no longer available at the request of the translation's author. I cannot in good conscience distribute her work at her request, and I'm not certain that I even have the files anymore.

Yes, I am crazy.

Return to “Lodoss Discussion”