Raiden Mercenaries' Guild (Archive Repost)

Game Canceled.
Luria

Re: Raiden Mercenaries' Guild (Archive Repost)

Post by Luria »

"Actually, I'm from the blue dragon island," Toan replied. He tried not to sound annoyed, but he grew tired of the scrutiny humans and especially the other elf races viewed his people with, and in Raiden of all places. "I hope that's not a problem for you."
Luda Rhan (A New Balance/Search for the Stormlord) - Profile - Gallery
Luria (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Toan* (A New Balance) - Profile - Gallery

Anisa Amri
Z's Account

Post by Anisa Amri »

Anisa gave Fenix a sneer in reaction to tapping her leg. Elf years were one thing, but Anisa had never lived with elves. He was young by human terms, late teens to early twenties, by her judgement.

"Well Toan, ye be a local then? I do know Blue Dragon Island," there were some caves on the island used by pirates, but not many. The inhabitants weren't fond of them.
Anisa Amri (Building an Empire at Sea) - Profile - Gallery

"Pays well? Illegal? Unethical? Sounds like fun, mates!"

Little Knight

Post by Little Knight »

Fenix yawned, apparently ignoring Anisa's snear altogether. He wasn't born in Raiden, but he had spent most of his life there. Blue Dragon Island was rather local, but even then, he wouldn't totally trust Toan. Falaris' sons and daughters didn't exactly instill a great deal of trust. "Well, he can tag along if he wants. But since time is of the essence, according to that poster, shouldn't we be getting some way of transport? I'd prefer to at least get a little ways there before nightfall."

They were suppose to be just traveling there, not under any sort of contract agreement to stay together though. "The shortest way would be horseback, unless someone here thinks getting on a ship and sailing all away around the island to Valis or Kanon is shorter."

It wasn't really a question as much as a statement. "I can get us horses for the people in our party without them for real cheap... I have a few contacts that can help me out in that area... comming?"

He said, starting to walk off, leaning on the staff lightly with each step.
"Money! Babes! Alcohol!! GWAHAHA!"

Albedo Oaks (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Azala (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Epros Telason (Cian's Quest) - Profile - Gallery
Fenix Greywords (Vampire Hunt) - Profile - Gallery
Niklas Melphist (Search for the Stormlord/Liberation of Ales) - Profile - Gallery
Silemria Til'Elsa Gradus (Kidnapped Princess/New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery

Luria

Post by Luria »

Toan made a displeased face as the young man walked off, keeping his comments to himself. "It sounds like a good idea to me, if what he says is right," he said in Anisa's direction. She seemed much more apt at holding the group together in his opinion. "I've got some money if his 'contacts' don't pull, through. So let's just check it out."

nmnmrm

Post by nmnmrm »

Even if Coras didn't actually like him, he fully agreed with Brahms. He's useful and that's what matters, Coras thought.

He prepared to follow the rest of the group as Toan showed them with a short comment how he could get them horses if things didn't go well. "Don't lose your money, we will get those horses," Coras said to Toan as he stared at Brahms. Coras was sure that Brahms was more of a man that did any kind of illegal job to survive than a honorable mercenary, but either way was the same because Brahms was certainly going to be an important party member.

Granite Stoneheart
Z's Account

Post by Granite Stoneheart »

Granite was already waiting at the door for the rest of them, so she was on Fenix's heels as he headed out. Horses, great, she thought. Dwarves were never accomplished riders. She wasn't looking forward to this ordeal. Even if they found her a pony, it could never keep up with full size horses.

"So who am I gonna ride with?" Granite asked in a gravely voice, sounding a little frustrated. It was obvious enough she didn't want the indignity of bouncing around behind someone.
Granite Stoneheart (Bastion's Demons) - Profile - Gallery

Anisa Amri
Z's Account

Post by Anisa Amri »

Anisa wasn't much of a horse woman. She had only learned to ride the beasts a few years after she washed ashore on Lodoss. Her elven nature gave her an empathy for them, but her pirate nature was rough and forceful and turned any horses she rode against her it seemed. But they would get her some place faster. She followed Fenix and Velfur, who seemed even more uncomfortable about riding--understandibly. "Eh, don' be thinkin' I'd be a good partner, I'd rather walk than ride if we had the time," Anisa replied to the dwarf.

Little Knight

Post by Little Knight »

"Ahh, so dwarves really ARE afraid of horses..." Fenix chuckled, although primarily to make a joke. Most saddles were to large for a dwarf to use, and children's saddles were not meant to hold the bulk. "Don't worry to much about it, Master Dwarf. You can ride with me, although I can't guerentee it won't be a bumpy ride."

He lead them into various allies, which grow darker, and gloomier by the minutes. Finally, oddly enough, only a few people, obviously cut purses, were around, he went to a door and knocked three times. The eye slot opened, looked down at Fenix, then over at the other mercenaries. "Alright?"

Fenix gave a curt nod. "Yeah, I don't think any of them are gonna say what they saw here."

The figuire behind the door, whoever he was, shut the eye slot, and opened the door, and Fenix made a quick "Come here" motion as he entered.

Inside was a long hall, which twisted, and turned, and helf several doors that lead to nowhere. After a rather long time, Fenix finally led them through a door, through which a great deal of commotion was heard on the other side. Even Raiden's thieves apparently took precautions. When the door opened, what the group witnessed was a rather large courtyard, which various stands, make shift pastures, and people yelling what they held. In some cases, people were chained with sorrowful looks on thier faces, obviously slaves. What Fenix had lead them to was a thieves bazaar.

"I told you guys, what we're buying isn't exactly... legal. However, if you want cheapness, its wholesale, 'cause theres no taxation or supply or demand involved. We might have to make several purchases if the horses have thier brands. We don't want to run into an angry rancher who has a brand to prove we stole the
animals." Fenix said absently, making his way toward the stables. A pitch patch of stock was what was available. Work horses, pure breds, what could only pass for 'mutt' horses, and even some war horses were in there, some a bit spooked at the noise. Fenix then raised his hands to his lips for some reason, and the vender nodded slightly, apparently understanding. The vender himself was a squat, balding individual of late thirties, with a face only a mother could love. His clothes had patches of dirt, and the man himself had thedistinct smell of live stock waste on him. "What do ya all need, my fortunate customers? Cows, 'orses, pigs? Might even have a dragin' in stock soon enough if you folks want the teeth..."

Fenix cocked his head lightly to the side. "We want fast horses that'll survive a trip to Valis, and who are 'legit'."

The man nodded grumbled. "That'll cost ya extra..."

"I'll give you a silver to remove the brands, but I think thats more then generous." Fenix said rather passively, although there was some aggression in his voice. "5 gold to remove the brands."

Fenix sniffed, raising his chin slightly. "Cha Za is most unmerciful to merchants who wish to give thier customers unfair prices..."

The thief suddenly got a look of urgency on his face, the threat had apparently been taken very seriously. "Two silvers, but your make me starve at that price..."

Fenix nodded. "Deal, but only if the brands are on the horses that my companions choose. Standard price, right?"

The thief nodded, and motioned for a girl, who looked twelves, but with her obvious half elven decent, could have been more made her way over. She had been petting the various animals within the pasture before. She seemed more interested in Anisa and Granite then anyone else, although her eyes didn't linger on any one of them for to long.

Fenix looked back at the others. "Well, I trust you guys can pay for your own horses. The war horses are 10 gold pieces, about a tenth of a Raiden, the purebreds are 5 gold pieces, and the rest are below price. I suggest you pick some of the younger farm horses. Not usually as fast as the purebreds, but they are sturdier. But, as I said, i'll leave it up to you guys."

Niklas Melphist (Search for the Stormlord/Liberation of Ales) - Profile - Gallery
Silemria Til'Elsa Gradus (Kidnapped Princess/New Marmo Republic) - Profile - Gallery

Anisa Amri
Z's Account

Post by Anisa Amri »

"I ain't afraid of 'em," Velfur protested. "They just ain't comfortable to someone of my stature." The dwarf crossed his arms over his breast plate and stuck his nose up in the air like a petulant girl, then, realizing his action, he relaxed and shoved his hands in his pockets, looking around suspiciously. Anisa was getting the feeling there was something he was hiding.

As they entered the theives' bazaar, Anisa noticed the slaves. She chuckled to herself, seemingly uncaring of the plight of those people. "I wonder if this be where me da' met me mum," she mused.

Anisa frowned as Fenix told her to look for her own horse. She didn't know what to look for in a mount. She strode off, leaving Velfur with Fenix.

The pirate strolled through the courtyard, looking over what it had to offer. At least she could pick out the sickly and shy ones right off. Fenix had told them to look for sturdy farm horses, so Anisa just concerned herself with riding horses. She stopped at a bay mare who had her face buried in a pile of hay, uncaring of the people around her. Anisa walked over and gave her withers a pat. The mare lifted her head to look at her, then returned to her hay. She seemed healthy enough to Anisa. "Hey, how much you want for it?" Anisa asked the nearby seller. After a little haggling, she got him down to a reasonable price and paid for the horse.

Luria

Post by Luria »

Toan made a grimacing face. Entering the establishment he knew they must be headed to a black market. The theives didn't bother him much, but the slave traders did. "I would have rather just paid full price," he said under his breath as they passed, but he knew better than to start any trouble over the matter.

Looking over the stables, Toan found a simple brown mare that seemed acceptable. He stroked its mane and spoke to it. "You don't like being here do you?" The horse remained calm and allowed him to inspect it without incident. It was strong enough for the journey, so he deiced to pay for it. After a failed attempt to haggle, Toan ended up paying more than what a stolen horse is worth, but he didn't care. He was just ready to get out of there.

nmnmrm

Post by nmnmrm »

Coras walked around the courtyard looking for a horse to ride. He wouldn't need a fast one, a horse with a kind temperament would be more useful if he wanted to travel in the group.

After looking for some minutes, Coras bought a mare that he thought was good enough. The horse was grey with eyes of a color similar to that of its hair, its bones seemed strong although the horse was too calm which did not seem good to Coras, who agreed to buy the mare because of its low price.

Nothing else needed to be done in Raiden, Coras was ready to leave so he waited for the other mercenaries to finish.

Little Knight

Post by Little Knight »

Fenix, or Brahms according to what he had told them, waited until they all began to select a horse before he began looking himself. What little he knew about horses was how to buy and sell them, primarily what to look for or otherwise you get a lame horse. A few of the stock up for sale were lame, or at least, couldn't run very fast. "Well, master dwarf, gotta pick one for your size..."

He went toward the farmers stock, a rather large work horse, female, and a dirty white color. He choose it primarily because it seemed to be rather calm, and it seemed not to be lame. "How does that one look? I think it should be able to support both our weight..."

Granite Stoneheart
Z's Account

Post by Granite Stoneheart »

Since dwarves didn't ride much, Granite wasn't a good judge of the animal. "Um, yeah, sure it works," she replied. She wondered if talking like that was going to end her up with a sore throat. Either way, she was getting frustrated with trying to be a man, and as soon as they were out of Raiden, she'd let them know who she really was!

OOC: And Fenix will have been hugged by a female dwarf all the way out of the city :P
Granite Stoneheart (Bastion's Demons) - Profile - Gallery

Little Knight

Post by Little Knight »

Fenix nodded briefly, and began to check the horse for brands. He was hoping that, being a farmer's horse, that it wouldn't have any. Fortunately for him, it didn't, because it was either to young, or had been stolen before it had been marked. "This thing is still gonna cost me nearly all I have..."

He mumbled, buying a horse and waiting for the others, although it seemed a few of them had already purchased thier animals. "Well, looks like a few of you aren't used to riding horses..."

Anisa Amri
Z's Account

Post by Anisa Amri »

Anisa sauntered back to Fenix, leading her horse by the reins. The animal followed her placidly, seeming as if it were wholly unaware of the world around it. Maybe it was just used to trading hands and doing what was asked of it, either way, it didn't seem like a very spirited animal.

Once the half-elf joined up with Fenix and Velfur again, she glanced over her shoulder towards Coras and Toan who were returning with their own new horses. "Well, looks like we're all set," Anisa replied. "Looks like this one had a brand, but someone else burned it off already." She thumbed toward the flanks of her horse. It had a mass of scar tissue in a circular shape on it's hip, signifying that it's original brand was covered up by another burn.

Return to “RPG: Out of Raiden”