Roid: Mercenaries' Guild (Archive Repost)

Mercenaries from across Lodoss are called together with the promise of glory and treasure as Karla begins a new plot to bend Lodoss to her will.
CANCELED
Kiran
Z's Account

Re: Roid: Mercenaries' Guild (Archive Repost)

Post by Kiran »

OOC: I should probably note that it's not obvious that Jinn has only one arm, his clothes hide the fact, I don't think Kiran has noticed even.

IC: "I believe my companions and I are fully equipped," Kiran added to Nipa's comments.

OOC: Err....I guess that's it. Tag Mory!
Kiran (Hunt for Kiran) - Profile - Gallery
I've dealt with my ghosts and I've faced all my demons
Finally content with a past I regret
I've found you find strength in your moments of weakness
For once I'm at peace with myself

Luria

Post by Luria »

(OOC: Just letting you guys know I'm still planning on participating in this group with Luda, I'm just waiting for enough "in-game" time to pass so that my re-entry will make sense. Take your time, no hurry ^_^)
Luda Rhan (A New Balance/Search for the Stormlord) - Profile - Gallery
Luria (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Toan* (A New Balance) - Profile - Gallery

Lady Moryssa

Post by Lady Moryssa »

Moryssa smiled and nodded at her fellow dark elf before turning to Nipa.

"I think it'd be best if we left at dawn tommorow. I still need to leave instructions for my store and buy our provisions. Plus, I'd love one last good night's sleep in my bed before we leave."

OOC: We can fast-forward a bit if you'd like.
Moryssa (A New Balance) - Profile - Gallery

dngtexn

Post by dngtexn »

"Dawn tomorrow sounds good," Nipa said with a grin. He was looking forward to traveling with someone instead of alone like he usually traveled. "Besides, I think we have confused the poor citizens enough for now... Wouldn't you say... 'Mom'..." He gave Moryssa a wink as he said that while motioning outside. Their earlier prank that day had been a lot of fun, or at least for him. Sometimes he wondered if he should have been a prankster instead of a merchant.

Nipa, Grass Runner of Alecrast
Your Friends,
Caradithil and Dinalindel; Centaurs of the Glassy Woods

Caradithil (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Dinalindel (Search for Azala) - Profile - Gallery
Nipa (A New Balance) - Profile - Gallery

Luria

Post by Luria »

(OOC: I'm fine ^^ I guess I'll just explain what Luda is up to in the meantime. Hm... it just ocurrd to me that Luda's home is still standing in this story.)

Luda returned to her home, which was a fairly large house. Her family had lived there for many years, though there were only three of them now. Her father and
grandmother were dead, and her mother's sister had gone to the forests and married an elf.

She put the gift for her mother in her room for the moment and went to the study room which housed a wide assortment of books and records that her grandfather collected. Luda was interested in reading records, though at the moment she was reading a rare fictional novel. Often times they were based on
real heroes like the six heroes or the free knight of Lodoss and contained a fraction of truth.

She had just gotten absorbed in the plot when her mother came in. "Gracious Luda, you're so quiet! I was waiting for you to come home and you've been in here?"

Luda looked up and calmly replied. "What do you need from me?"

"Your grandfather sent a message, he said you're needed at the temple of Myrii. It's urgent."

Luda closed the book. "Alright," she picked up her halberd, which was leaning over her chair, and stood.

"I told you to leave that thing at the door," her mother bickered, but Luda was not concerned about that at the moment.

"If there is trouble at the temple, we may not be home for dinner. Please don't fret over it."

Her mother walked her to the door and said goodbye. She wondered what matter at the temple could possibly need her assistance.

Wolf

Post by Wolf »

Jinn spoke up again. "Very well. Then dawn right outside of this building then?" A thought occured to him before they could respond. "Are horses necessary? I would need to know so Grimeye and I can make special accomidations." Jinn spoke, speaking of his handicap.

"I have my own horse," Grimeye informed the group.

"I'm afraid I don't have one," Kiran said. He didn't think he had the funds to buy a horse, however. "I can probably make accomidations, if it's necessary."

-jinn
Ashe Wolfarius (A New Balance) - Profile - Gallery
Jinn Rishnah (A New Balance) - Profile - Gallery

dngtexn

Post by dngtexn »

Nipa looked over Jinn, then Grimeye and finally Kiran. "A horse would make things easier, though which handicap are you referring to?"

((OOC: I believe Jinn's lack of an arm is concealed, or so you said in a previous post. If I am mistaken then I can revise this one.))
Your Friends,

Wolf

Post by Wolf »

"Oh, this." Jinn smiled and wiggled his left shoulder, the sleeve with a weighted collar waved flatly against his side. "Now, I'll see you all at dawn." Jinn gave them a wave with his hand and headed out of the building.

-jinn

Lady Moryssa

Post by Lady Moryssa »

Moryssa looked at Kiran dissaprovingly as Jinn walked out.

{You could've told me he was a cripple. No matter, we'll work around it. And I'll see about procurring you a horse.}

She looked at Nipa.

"Get some rest, we have a bit of a journey tommorow. You to, Kiran."

She smiled at the elf and headed out the guild. She had no intentions of finding the elf a horse. None at all.

Kiran
Z's Account

Post by Kiran »

Kiran was just as surprised as Moryssa to learn Jinn was missing an arm. He stared after the handicapped swordsman incrediously, he wasn't exactly happy that Jinn didn't tell him. However, he didn't want Moryssa to think they'd all just met, so he turned back to the dark elven beauty, and with a wink, told what he hoped was true.

{Don't worry, Jinn's just as good with one arm as most are with two,} Kiran said. After all, he'd survived this long as an adventurer with one arm, he seemed self assured. {And thanks,} he added, returning her smile with one of his most charming.

Luria

Post by Luria »

Luda returned home from the temple later that evening with a very serious expression, more serious than usual. Her grandfather wore the same face. As they came through the door her mother knew something was wrong.

"I'm leaving tomorrow," Luda said, knowing her mother was about to ask. "At the temple today we both recieved direct guidance from Myrii."

"What?" her mother was in shock.

"God has spoken to me and instructed me to find a certain person, a hero. This journey will begin early tomorrow."

"Who is it? What do you mean?"

Luda rested her halberd by the door and began to make preperations for a journey. "I really am not sure of this person's exact identity, but I know what group he will be in and when they are leaving the city. I'm going to set out tomorrow and follow them. I'm sure they won't welcome my company, but I can't ignore god's will."

"Why wouldn't they? You're a desirable companion as far as your capabilities are concerned."

Luda smiled. Her mother had just in a round about way made a statement that her personality was less than desirable. "Because mother, they're leader is a dark elf woman, and a very disagreeable one at that." Luda found the girft she bought and handed it to her mother. "Happy birthday. I'm afraid I'll be moving out too early to see you tomorrow, so let's celebrate tonight."

(OOC: okay! that's it for me until the next day rolls around.)

Lady Moryssa

Post by Lady Moryssa »

Kiran wrote:Kiran was just as surprised as Moryssa to learn Jinn was missing an arm. He stared after the handicapped swordsman incrediously, he wasn't exactly happy that Jinn didn't tell him. However, he didn't want Moryssa to think they'd all just met, so he turned back to the dark elven beauty, and with a wink, told what he hoped was true.

{Don't worry, Jinn's just as good with one arm as most are with two,} Kiran said. After all, he'd survived this long as an adventurer with one arm, he seemed self assured. {And thanks,} he added, returning her smile with one of his most charming.

Moryssa smiled at him shrewdly. "Don't thank me until after our mission."

Kiran
Z's Account

Post by Kiran »

Kiran paused as he noted Moryssa's smile, it didn't seem so friendly. Kiran gave her a nod just to end the conversation and headed out the door with Jinn and Grimeye. Maybe he shouldn't trust her to get him a horse...

Wolf

Post by Wolf »

"Kiran right?" Jinn greeted him while turning around. The swordsman walked backwards to properly make conversations. "Will you be needing to make travel accomidations as well?"

-jinn

dngtexn

Post by dngtexn »

Guest wrote:She looked at Nipa.

"Get some rest, we have a bit of a journey tommorow. You to, Kiran."

She smiled at the elf and headed out the guild. She had no intentions of finding the elf a horse. None at all.

Nipa nodded, "That sounds like a good idea, a little rest before traveling is always a good thing. Would you like me to accompany you back to your store?" Though he had his worries about their one-armed companion. Nipa also surmised that they had their misgivings as well about him.

Your Friends,

Return to “RPG: A New Balance”